Thread: (TRADE) Samardzija & Hammel for Addison Russell, Dan Straily & Bill McKinney

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default (TRADE) Samardzija & Hammel for Addison Russell, Dan Straily & Bill McKinney

Let the trades begin:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...&vkey=news_mlb

A`s further solidify their rotation and the Cubs stockpile for the future. Great trade for both sides!

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: (TRADE) Samardzija & Hammel for Addison Russell, Dan Straily & Bill McKinney

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    Let the trades begin:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/...&vkey=news_mlb

A`s further solidify their rotation and the Cubs stockpile for the future. Great trade for both sides!
    Love it for the Cubs. #1 and #3 prospects from the A's and a young arm. Look out for the Cubs in another couple seasons.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

Default Re: (TRADE) Samardzija & Hammel for Addison Russell, Dan Straily & Bill McKinney

Well suck me sideways. I was really hoping for one (or both) of these pitchers for the Jays.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The A's had to go for it. They have a very strong team this year and the window for them to win is now ( or at least very very soon ). This deal helps them accomplish that feat if they continue their winning ways. This should give them the best SP rotation in the AL. Good to see Billy Beane get aggressive this way. Also this deal gives the Cubs another high end prospect. I imagine with the log jam they have at SS they will move some players around. Baez could play 2B or maybe 3B. Bryant is probably going to be in LF long term. Regardless of what they do, they have high end bats coming up.

Dobber Sports Titan

I hope (fantasy sake) that these pitchers don't have any trouble moving from the NL to the AL....Except for when they play the jays lol. Then I want them to have the worse games of their careers
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Ryker View Post
    The A's had to go for it. They have a very strong team this year and the window for them to win is now ( or at least very very soon ). This deal helps them accomplish that feat if they continue their winning ways. This should give them the best SP rotation in the AL. Good to see Billy Beane get aggressive this way. Also this deal gives the Cubs another high end prospect. I imagine with the log jam they have at SS they will move some players around. Baez could play 2B or maybe 3B. Bryant is probably going to be in LF long term. Regardless of what they do, they have high end bats coming up.
    A lot of speculation that the Cubs will move a SS for an arm.

I LOVE what the Cubs are doing. Bryant has been on an absolute tear and Baez is starting to be a little more selective to his hitting approach. And the talk of the Cubs having no pitching prospects is not true. They don't have any #1 or #2 rotation prospects but they have a several guys that will potentially fill out the roster. Wish they could have gotten Tanaka this offseason. Arrieta might prove to be an absolute fleecing.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The trade was originally reported with a third team involved but that obviously fell through. Maybe the Jays could be that third team given AA`s desire to make a move and there might me a match with the Jay`s prospect arms and the Cub`s prospect infielders.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Disappointed that the Jays didnt get one of these guys either but I can try to pull 2 positive things out of this....

1. If this was the price, the Jays don't even have enough to get this deal done. I mean I guess an equivalent would be Sanchez, Stroman, Hutchison...but none of them hold the luster that Russell does.

2. At least it wasn't to an AL East opponent. After this weekend the Jays are done with Oakland. The Orioles have a weekend series in August in Oakland, while the Angels and Mariners have 10 and 9 respectively.

Let's just hope AA can pull something off for a bat soon because Im sick of all of these Quality Starts going for losses!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm happy the Jays didn't give up their prize prospects for this Samardzija guy.. There's more fish in the sea!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..