Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DobberHockey Event - Featuring Goldman!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: DobberHockey Event - Featuring Goldman!

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I assume the next event will be northern BC right?
    To meet Goldman, my favourite Dobberhockey writer, I wish this event was in BC.

I...am your father.

Six days, folks!

Talk to me!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Six days, folks!

Talk to me!
    Bring a computer.
    Set up a live webinar.
    Modern day, man... stream this stuff to those of us in far-away-places... like Atlanta or Scotland or Cambodia.

Super Moderator

I should be able to finally attend one of these. I won't be there at 5, maybe around 6:30, earlier if it's around St.Clair.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Bring a computer.
    Set up a live webinar.
    Modern day, man... stream this stuff to those of us in far-away-places... like Atlanta or Scotland or Cambodia.
    I like your selection of locations.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I like your selection of locations.
    Your so far away your head keeps exploding..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The King of Diatribes

Getting so pumped for this guys!! I've been waiting years to spend more than a few fleeting hours in the Toronto airport...now I get a solid six days. I'll be there to evaluate and mentor goalies in the Eli Wilson Elite Prospects Camp...it includes a couple of really good CHL goalies and some up-and-comers. I did this last year in Edmonton and it was a blast. Wherever this is held and whenever it is held, I'll be there. I'm going to likely rent my own car once I get to Toronto, that way I have the flexibility and don't need to rely on a cab or anything. The camp is being held in Etobicoke .... anyone know how far that is from where this shindig is taking place? I'll bring a few copies of my book, "The Power Within" as well!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Your so far away your head keeps exploding..
    Haha!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    Hey everyone!!!!

This is my first post in here in almost two years (I think)!!

I am sooo stoked to FINALLY get a chance to meet my good friend Dobber, and to meet some of you crazy guys. I can't believe it has been seven years since my first fantasy goalie article was posted on this website. Amazing how far Dobber has come, the well-oiled machine he has built. I am going to really enjoy this trip and I can't wait!

I have been on quite a wild adventure since moving to MN two years ago. Being hired by USA Hockey to scout goalies for the NTDP was a huge honor, and it was an unreal experience scouting '98-born goalies all over the Upper Midwest and being part of the program. I published my first book in January and I'm already well underway with my 2nd book, as I have been traveling all summer (I was in Finland for two weeks, immersed in their goaltending culture and attending a pro and amateur camp), doing research and gathering info.

That's what leads me to visit Toronto at the end of July, as I'll be scouting Eli Wilson's Elite Prospects camp.

I hope a bunch of you can make it out for this shindig ... I'll have a few copies of my 1st book "The Power Within" to dish out to some of you guys as well!

Cheers and hope your goaltending legions in all your fantasy leagues are strong and resilient!
    You're one of the best stories around these parts. Worked hard, knew your stuff, lost to me in fantasy hockey and are doing what you love. Awesome stuff!

I...am your father.

Getting so pumped for this guys!! I've been waiting years to spend more than a few fleeting hours in the Toronto airport...now I get a solid six days. I'll be there to evaluate and mentor goalies in the Eli Wilson Elite Prospects Camp...it includes a couple of really good CHL goalies and some up-and-comers. I did this last year in Edmonton and it was a blast. Wherever this is held and whenever it is held, I'll be there. I'm going to likely rent my own car once I get to Toronto, that way I have the flexibility and don't need to rely on a cab or anything. The camp is being held in Etobicoke .... anyone know how far that is from where this shindig is taking place? I'll bring a few copies of my book, "The Power Within" as well!
    Not far, but through the heart of traffic, practically.

Event: Tuesday, July 29, 5pm to 9pm in Toronto - Yonge/St.Clair where we held the last two (Sports Centre Cafe)

Capture.PNG

I'm coming from Pickering so I'll drive to York Mills and park there. Subway down is 10 minutes or so.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The King of Diatribes

OK cool. I am going to either be at the MCC in Etobicoke where the camp is being held, or I'll be at the Crowne Plaza airport hotel. I'm likely just going to take a taxi down to Sports Centre, unless anyone knows of a better way for me to get there? Sorry...first time in Toronto being outside of the airport haha!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

OK cool. I am going to either be at the MCC in Etobicoke where the camp is being held, or I'll be at the Crowne Plaza airport hotel. I'm likely just going to take a taxi down to Sports Centre, unless anyone knows of a better way for me to get there? Sorry...first time in Toronto being outside of the airport haha!
    Take a cab to the subway(kipling station) if you don't feel comfortable taking the bus.. And ride the red rocket into downtown!!

I wish I could attend!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Justin, like Zorro says, cabbing to the TTC will cut your costs significantly. Cab to Kipling. All the subways at Kipling go east, so get the first one you see. Get off at Yonge station. Without leaving the station, go upstairs and get a northbound train to St. Clair. From St. Clair station it's about a 5 minute walk west.

I think I am coming. Not sure how early, but likely 630ish at the latest.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Have a good time guys. I'm working that night!