Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 - The BIG 4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: 2019 - The BIG 4

Mackinnon, McDavid, Tavares, Stamkos

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So...what I'm reading into here is that my currently 3rd/2nd place team over past 2 years respectively, is kinda looking good. With untouchables JT, Hall and Karlsson all locked down...and two 1st round picks for 2015(with McDavid in mind)... I merely have to set this team on Cruise and watch me rise to dynasty stardom! Lovely!!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    As much as Ovechkin's production can vary year to year his hit and shot totals make it almost impossible to have him outside the top 4. Even 65 points with 50 goals, 400 shots, 200 hits is an early first rounder.

1. If you are considering multi-cat, you should clarify that in your OP. Unless stated, the assumption is "points only". Generic context, generic assumption.
    2. Ovechkin... 5 years from now... he'll turn 34 years old in 2019. Elite passers can still be elite scorers (see Gretzky, Wayne) at that age. But elite snipers fall off faster, has mostly to do with the pace of game that each "type" of player plays.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    1. If you are considering multi-cat, you should clarify that in your OP. Unless stated, the assumption is "points only". Generic context, generic assumption.
    2. Ovechkin... 5 years from now... he'll turn 34 years old in 2019. Elite passers can still be elite scorers (see Gretzky, Wayne) at that age. But elite snipers fall off faster, has mostly to do with the pace of game that each "type" of player plays.
    Ovechkin will be the new Heatley five years from now...........

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    So...what I'm reading into here is that my currently 3rd/2nd place team over past 2 years respectively, is kinda looking good. With untouchables JT, Hall and Karlsson all locked down...and two 1st round picks for 2015(with McDavid in mind)... I merely have to set this team on Cruise and watch me rise to dynasty stardom! Lovely!!!!
    Lock that roster in, and let the championships flow by 2019, my friend.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

I submit Drouin and Eichel to the discussion. Not that I'm saying either one will get there, but if MacKinnon and McDavid are being discussed then these guys should be as well.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Definitely a fair call-out. In points only leagues OV is already falling pretty substantially. I get used to multi-cat as my default setting since it's all I've ever done haha.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK