Thread: Rask - Danault

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rask - Danault

Hi everyone,
    Do you know one of these prospects has any chances to play in the NHL in a near future? (1 or 2 years)

If both, who has the best upside? In the Dobber's List, it's very close.

Thank you to everyone!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rask - Danault

Danault is a lot closer to the NHL, and a safer player to own in general. Even if he doesn't make it as a 2nd line player (which I don't see him playing there, but I'll leave the possibility open) he will make a very good 3rd liner, or even 4th. Rask probably has a little more offensive ability, but he's come along rather slowly to this point and it will be a few more years before he really makes a difference.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Joonas Rask has just gone back to Finland as he just signed a two year contract with HIFK in the Liiga. Rask's career on this side of the pond is most likely over imo. The story is here:

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2014/6...ack-to-finland

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm assuming the OP is asking about Victor Rask....lemme know if I'm wrong.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yeah, Victor...

I can't see space in the lineup for Danault...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttoknow View Post
    Yeah, Victor...

I can't see space in the lineup for Danault...
    The Hawks are working on extensions for Toews and Kane right now. That's gonna add anywhere from 3 to 6 million to the payroll between the two starting in 2015-16. That is the time for some of the youngsters to get their chance including Danault. The Hawks will need to cycle some cheap depth through the bottom 6 and Danault fits that bill perfectly. Not saying he'll have a ton of value right off the bat, but he should be in the NHL at that point.