Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Keeper Help

I'd be ok with Garcon for that pick. Jackson is a burner who can't stay healthy and was a focus in Chip's offense. It is telling they didn't want to keep him after the year he had. Garcon is still going to be a target monster.

Dobber Sports Titan

No go on any of his keepers (Keenan Allen, Luck {Indy fan}, Bryant, Garcon, Lynch, and prolly fred Jackson). He’s considering my 39th overall (4th round) for Welker and his 12th round. Welker is his only fringe keeper so to speak too.

Honestly, I'd rather only have 6 keepers and 2 top 10 picks instead of Welker as your 7th keeper. Thats me though. Actually I don't hate that deal to upgrade Floyd and still keep 6. Legitimately with your team I would only keep 6 players though and then have the high picks.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather only have 6 keepers and 2 top 10 picks instead of Welker as your 7th keeper. Thats me though. Actually I don't hate that deal to upgrade Floyd and still keep 6. Legitimately with your team I would only keep 6 players though and then have the high picks.
    It's actually keep 5 or 6. I had it wrong when I originally posted this. So my keepers would be:
    Brees, Thomas, Stacy, Tate, rice/floyd/Welker.

Do I trade my 4th round pick for Welker? So I draft 4th, 14th, and 39th? Or stick with rice or Floyd (I'll see if ppl keep more WR or rbs)

I would do that trade yes

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks for commenting on this guys. My keepers don’t have to be in till September, but busy summer and being away for September made me do this early. Just to finish this off I’ll say my keepers will be:
    QB – Brees
    RB – Zac Stacy
    WR – Wes Welker
    TE – Julius Thomas
    Then if people are keeping more RB, I’ll do the same with keeping either Jennings or Rice (Rice ahead do to name weight). But if people are keeping more WR, I’ll do the same and keep Floyd or Tate. If I follow suit with who people are keeping, more of one position will be open to draft.

I’m also planning on drafting Sammy Watkins somewhere in the draft because my teams name was out-dated with Blurred Tynes. I switched it too Sammy Watkins Closets
    Thanks a lot again guys, I’ll be posting a lot on this football forum I be, so just a heads up for some stupid questions on trades.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Thanks for commenting on this guys. My keepers don’t have to be in till September, but busy summer and being away for September made me do this early. Just to finish this off I’ll say my keepers will be:
    QB – Brees
    RB – Zac Stacy
    WR – Wes Welker
    TE – Julius Thomas
    Then if people are keeping more RB, I’ll do the same with keeping either Jennings or Rice (Rice ahead do to name weight). But if people are keeping more WR, I’ll do the same and keep Floyd or Tate. If I follow suit with who people are keeping, more of one position will be open to draft.

I’m also planning on drafting Sammy Watkins somewhere in the draft because my teams name was out-dated with Blurred Tynes. I switched it too Sammy Watkins Closets
    Thanks a lot again guys, I’ll be posting a lot on this football forum I be, so just a heads up for some stupid questions on trades.

I agree with a previous post and wouldn't trade for Welker if you could get another top pick. You can just draft him if no better options are there. I would keep Floyd as your wr as he's the far superior option to Tate.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I agree with a previous post and wouldn't trade for Welker if you could get another top pick. You can just draft him if no better options are there. I would keep Floyd as your wr as he's the far superior option to Tate.
    I talked him down from my 2nd round to a 4th round pick which is 39th overall. So I’ll still pick 4th, 14th, 24th and 34th.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This is my 2nd yr in my first fantasy football league. My team isn’t very good, a bunch of pickups pretty much. My team is literally the poster-boy for not being late to a draft and letting it autodraft for you. We keep 6 or 7 players, if you keep 7 you forfeit your 1st redraft pick (first pick is the 7th round). It’s with friends and they keep asking me to trade with them because they have 8 keepers and want to do a 2 for 1 with me. Most people are interested in Brees. Here’s my team with their “Projected Overall Ranks” maybe by Yahoo.
    Player Projected Rank
    Drew Brees NO - QB 22
    Jarrett Boykin GB - WR 155
    Michael Floyd Ari - WR 62
    Rod Streater Oak - WR 213
    Zac Stacy StL - RB 16
    Rashad Jennings NYG - RB 41
    Julius Thomas Den - TE 35
    Ray Rice Bal - RB 68
    Hakeem Nicks Ind - WR 102
    Steven Jackson Atl - RB 75
    DeAngelo Williams Car - RB 108
    Tim Wright TB - TE 178
    Jacob Tamme Den - TE 1748
    Golden Tate Det - WR 73
    Matt Bryant Atl - K
    Steven Hauschka Sea - K
    New Orleans NO - DEF
    Chicago Chi - DEF

Do not trade Brees. My 8 would be:

D.Brees
    R.Rice
    Z.Stacy
    S.Jackson - he may be done. Trade him for a WR more healthy than Nicks!
    J.Thomas
    R. Jennings
    W. Welker
    Chicago
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury