Thread: Victor Hedman

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Victor Hedman

Where do we see his career going? Will he stay in the 50 point range? What could his upside be?

His stats are a huge jump from last year and it seems that he only had 14 PPP in TB this year so that means 41 ES points which means he was no slouch during 5v5.

41 ES points is only 2 behind Karlsson.

Give me your best predictions
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

The Great One

Default Re: Victor Hedman

I'm a huge Hedman fan and will be watching him closely... I believe 55-57 is his ceiling but if he gets a good look on PP and can maintain that ES who knows... For me about cracking the top 5 fantasy d man

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm predicting him for 55 next year, stepping up to #1 PP. Next Pronger?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Huge Hedman fan. Traded Streit/Voynov for him last Christmas, haven't looked back since. 50+ next season; but with the inevitable jump from just 14PPP to something much more with PP1 duties.... who knows?

Yep, got a Dobber Mancrush on Hedman, not gonna lie, lol!

Advice: go get Hedman this summer, if you still can.
    HHG - Amish Flyers
    10 team roto keeper (keep 17) w/50-man minors
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,H,Blk,P2D,SktPts;W,GAA,SV%
    6-Time League Champ
    Active
    F: Barkov/Gaudreau/Guentzel/Tarasenko/Laine/Point/Teravainen/Norris/Bratt/BSchenn/Schmaltz/Ek
    D: Hughes/Weegar/Trouba/Klingberg/Pionk/Ghost/Spurgeon
    G: Jarry/Kuemper/Husso/Ullmark
    Minors
    F: Robertson/Hintz/Lafreniere/Batherson/Farabee/Jeannot/Frost/Tomasino/Garland/Holtz/Sillinger/Johnston/McMichael/Podkolzin/Maccelli/Beck/Brisson
    D: Nemec/Lundkvist/Zellweger/Rathbone/POJoseph/Hutson/Fehervary
    G: Swayman/Wallstedt/Brossoit/Fedotov/Prosvetov/Vejmelka/Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I see a repeat of this past season, but with no St. Louis in town I think we see a slight drop in his PP totals.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Idk, I see his PP totals staying about the same. He's still got guys like Kucherov, Palat, Killorn, Johnson, Callahan(if they sign him or another talent like him)....then the obvious Stamkos factor haha. But if there is a drop, I'd only see a drop of 1-2 PPP if anything, nothing really significant.

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He's going to be a consistent 50-60pt range guy.
    1. The TB Lightning are deep with offensive talent. I see them scoring a LOT at even-strength (& PP) into the future.
    Since Hedman is trending towards Suter-like minutes (28-29min/game), I think there will be a LOT of points simply by puck touches & TB goals.

2. He's been solid on the PP and I see that continuing too.

TB is just going to be an offensive dynamo of a team going forward (assuming they can keep Stammer).
    I see a LOT of points there... and somebody on the back end is going to get a lot of them.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Next Pronger?
    In terms of his offensive game, yes. Big, nice shot, will get a bunch on the PP. I see Hedman as a 46-60 point threat moving forward.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

If Hedman had a mean bone in his body he'd be close to be the next Pronger...but he's just not a physical dman and he rarely even seems to get mad.

55-60 pts consistently is his upside, though I would expect more seasons at or around 50 pts than above that mark.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Let's not forget that he was shooting at 7.6% last season. That should really be closer to 3%, so expect a huge dip in his goal totals. But his point totals may get evened out with more PP points. I'd say look for 50, hope for more, and be happy with 45.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    He's going to be a consistent 50-60pt range guy.
    1. The TB Lightning are deep with offensive talent. I see them scoring a LOT at even-strength (& PP) into the future.
    Since Hedman is trending towards Suter-like minutes (28-29min/game), I think there will be a LOT of points simply by puck touches & TB goals.

2. He's been solid on the PP and I see that continuing too.

TB is just going to be an offensive dynamo of a team going forward (assuming they can keep Stammer).
    I see a LOT of points there... and somebody on the back end is going to get a lot of them.
    I agree, he should put up great point totals like that regularly playing on that hi octane offense, he moves the puck so well and he is only going to continue to hone his game
    I've owned him since his draft year and its been a pretty long wait waiting for him to show what he can do, im thrilled that day is finally here

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rob2kx View Post
    Let's not forget that he was shooting at 7.6% last season. That should really be closer to 3%, so expect a huge dip in his goal totals. But his point totals may get evened out with more PP points. I'd say look for 50, hope for more, and be happy with 45.
    Curious why his shooting % should be closer to 3? He's a career 5.6 and this is his 5th season in the league. How do we differentiate an outlying season from a progression and growth in his game? The past three seasons should be an indicator; 6.1, 5.3, 7.6. If any regression were to occur, I'd guess it was down to 6, not all the way down to 3.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ya 3% is incredibly low, even for a defenseman. 5-6% is the "norm" for a scoring d-man, so while a small drop in goals is possible that could be negated by a full year of point shots on the top PP unit. He finally broke 2 shots/game this season, and if he can bump that up from 170 to 210-220 shots that would balance out any drop in sh%. I don't see him as a 20 goal guy anyway, his numbers are mostly going to come from assists and he's set up very well in that department.

So ya, I really don't see any reason why he can't continue in the 50-55 range. I don't know if I'd say "consistently"....that's a big number for a defender....but he should definitely get to those numbers multiple times.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Curious why his shooting % should be closer to 3? He's a career 5.6 and this is his 5th season in the league. How do we differentiate an outlying season from a progression and growth in his game? The past three seasons should be an indicator; 6.1, 5.3, 7.6. If any regression were to occur, I'd guess it was down to 6, not all the way down to 3.
    True, 3% is low. I should have said 5. 7.6% is rare for a D, and I bet as his shot total rises his sh% will dip. Point projections still stand.