Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: asoIaF/Game of Thrones Book Discussion: (Spoilers/Theories Welcome)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: asoIaF/Game of Thrones Book Discussion: (Spoilers/Theories Welcome)

Surprised with the lack of Tysha mentions in the finale. Thought the whole Tyrion escape with Jaime was way too quick. They missed out on two things that are very important to both characters; Tyrion finding out the truth about Tysha and Jaime finding out that Cersei has been with Lancel. Just feel like they could have dropped a few scenes over the course of the year and added a couple mentions about Tysha considering Tyrion told that great story way back in season 1.

And also....Arya could have mentioned the damn coin once instead of them just bringing it up in the "previously on".

Dobber Sports All-Star

Wasn't too surprised about ignoring the Tysha backstory as they never bothered mentioning anything about that pre-event in Tyrion's history on the show. It would've confused most TV audiences as they have no idea what that background story is about. And in this case if there's no need for Jaime to piss off Tyrion, then there's no need for Tyrion to fire right back with the Lancel affairs. This way, the Jaime/Tyrion thing is all wrapped up in a tight ending and story moves on. They changed a couple other things as well. I thought the last time Jaime and Cersei do it was after the funeral in front of Joffrey's corpse, so the bang scene was just a throw in yesterday.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Wasn't too surprised about ignoring the Tysha backstory as they never bothered mentioning anything about that pre-event in Tyrion's history on the show. It would've confused most TV audiences as they have no idea what that background story is about. And in this case if there's no need for Jaime to piss off Tyrion, then there's no need for Tyrion to fire right back with the Lancel affairs. This way, the Jaime/Tyrion thing is all wrapped up in a tight ending and story moves on. They changed a couple other things as well. I thought the last time Jaime and Cersei do it was after the funeral in front of Joffrey's corpse, so the bang scene was just a throw in yesterday.
    I disagree with you here on the Jaime-Tyrion. Tyrion wasn't going up 200 narrow stairs to kill his father if he hasn't learned by Jaime that Tysha wasn't actually a whore. And I really feel like Tyrion's last word to his brother would have given us a great read into what Tyrion is feeling and would "justify" his murderous acts.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports All-Star

As far as Tyrion not going up the stairs had nothing to do with Tysha in the TV version. Tyrion had unfinished business with daddy and wanted to know why daddy allowed him to take the fall for Joffrey even though Tywin knew Tyrion was innocent. Tyrion didn't expect Shay, but the main reason to go up there was to confront daddy about his betrayal with regard to the Joffrey murder trial. Besides, Tyrion wasn't going up to kill Tywin initially anyways, he just wanted answers. He didn't grab the crossbow till after killing shay, only then was Tyrion committed to ending daddy for his betrayal from the trial and for shay.

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry

Dobber Sports Immortal

I know. I just felt him finding out about Tysha was like another smack in the face after receiving smacks his entire life

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So... speculate... is Tyrion the "blood" of Tywin?

Dobber Sports All-Star

I thought he's the 3rd head of the dragon/Targ. It's unusually to put him as a major POV character if he wasn't, but it would probably make a better story as a whole if he was actually a true Lannister. Thus the betrayal is so much more deep and damaging.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I thought he's the 3rd head of the dragon/Targ. It's unusually to put him as a major POV character if he wasn't, but it would probably make a better story as a whole if he was actually a true Lannister. Thus the betrayal is so much more deep and damaging.
    I agree.
    So... father = _________.

Dobber Sports Guru

Does anyone know of a site that has compiled the preview chapters that have been released from Winds of Winter? I know there are a few but I would like to find them all in one place.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber may be upset if I let him know that I've been spending half my free internet time lately on another site...
    Here is a link from it:
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...nds-of-winter/

Not exactly an organized list though.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, some good ideas I hadn't thought about. I do miss some things when I read through the books years ago. I mean shoot, last time I read books 1-5 was just before the series came out on HBO. So it's when the show does something, that I'm like, wait, is that how it happened?

I remember the different theories on who the three heads are, but I haven't done this kind of research in forever. Thanks Pengwin for doing so much of it.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Dobber may be upset if I let him know that I've been spending half my free internet time lately on another site...
    Here is a link from it:
    http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...nds-of-winter/

Not exactly an organized list though.
    Thanks P7, Ill check it out.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Just came across some random things reading AFFC that I wanted to mention in here.

First, Sandor Clegane really is dead. This distresses me as I had apparently forgotten and I thought there was still a chance he was alive. But Brienne talks to the septon or whatever he is on the Quiet Isle and he informs her that he buried Clegane himself. Damn

But this leads me to the other part of my post. Who sacked Saltpans? Someone stole Clegane's hound helmet and burned the town to the ground while killing almost everybody that lived there. Obviously it wasn't Clegane, was it just some random outlaw? Or is it someone a little more important?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

There's always someone more important than you realize. There's always a shadow game being played by someone else at all times. It's so crazy at times. I'm not sure who it would be, but it's been so long since I've read the books.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    There's always someone more important than you realize. There's always a shadow game being played by someone else at all times. It's so crazy at times. I'm not sure who it would be, but it's been so long since I've read the books.
    I'm excited.
    Tonight I'll be starting the Storm of Swords book. (Book3)
    From everything I've read/heard... one really needs to get through Book3 to officially have enough information to form solid theories.

I'm also re-watching Season1 (HBO) currently.
    Interesting to see that the producers had Jaime Lannister meet Jon Snow in Episode2... doesn't happen in the books... but apparently the producers thought it was important. (???)