Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - June 03-04, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - June 03-04, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Train View Post
    Great thread Dobber

Would it be lunacy for me to trade Mike Green for Ryan O'Reilly plus a pick?
    To be truthful I don't exactly know how O'Reilly fits in COL. Top 6 with a very bright future? Could he hit 70 points next season? What about his upside?

Thanks as always.
    I don't value O'reilly more than 65 points, but your trade offer is fine. Even without the pick, since you are strong on D.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Good to see your health has returned...
    GAA, SV%, 2W+1OTL
    Does Rinne get back in the top tier for goalies next year based on the stats above?
    He gets back into the Top 7 if his hip problems are truly behind him. I don't think he gets Top 3 back without Trotz

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by thom54 View Post
    Thanks in advance! 30 team league, everyone is owned, full lineups . Hits blocks SHTOI FoW plus regular .

5th overall for a top10 pick next year?
    5 th overall for zibenijad (spelling) ?
    What's your outlook for Z? Center?
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Zibanejad will be a second-line center who I think will get high-60s but look for 45-55 points the next two years or even three

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    2 seasons from now...
    Kuznetsov or Yakupov?
    Both blooming...if one of them which one...neither...or KHL?
    I would rather have Kuznetsov. Both are KHL threats in a couple years if things don't work out, but I tend to think Yakupov is more tempermental that way

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
    Hi Dobber, thanks for that response but I'm hoping you'll re-visit without factoring in my 2015 pick at all. There are only 24 guys in the pool, and we only assign (based on the finish the season before) the first 24 picks of the NHL entry draft each year. Which means NHL entry pick 25 onwards are available to anyone for pick up. I've won the last 5 years and I'm fairly confident I'll finish top 3 next year. So having the 22, 23 or 24 overall pick isn't worth much when you consider anyone could pick up 25. I hold (I acquired via trade) a couple of other guys' 2015 picks which will be better than mine. All of which is to say that I value my 2015 pick as worth basically nothing. With that extra info in mind, do you think in my league you would trade Hamilton for whoever picks Buffalo 2nd? Bit of a crap shoot b/c it's hard to say who will go 2nd, and Buffalo isn't exactly a great landing spot for any prospect. But then there's the extra 2 years of entry level deal which I'd be acquiring. Thanks
    You have to take the player who was taken in that spot? Or you can take whoever you want? Because Hamilton for Draisaitl and Severson I would consider, if your pick next year is useless. Not sure if it's Reinhart or Ekblad.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Train View Post
    Hey Dobber

What do you expect from Ryan Johansen next season and where do you see his ceiling?
    How about a Mike Green for Ryan Johansen offer?

Many thanks.
    I think Johansen can be a point a game guy. If you can get JOhansen for just Green, then do it quickly before he sobers up

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Dobber, love these threads. My question is about Connelly. Just in your opinion, what do you see Tampa doing with him this offseason? I own him in my farm and I still think he's a good prospect to hang on to. Just seems like a bunch of players have passed over him in Tampa.

Do you think they will trade his rights, qualify him, etc? Thanks in advance for your insight on this.

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks Dobber. I love reading these, even when I don't have questions of my own. Tons of good info.
    Any thoughts on Tlusty this year? Does he bounce back and get 40+ points? Seemed like Carolina's offence was out of sorts in general last year, not just Jiri, and he did have a couple of streaks where there seemed to be hope.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Zibanejad will be a second-line center who I think will get high-60s but look for 45-55 points the next two years or even three
    Thanks so much ... the natural follow up is ... top10 2015 or Zibanejad? My team currently is in a transition phase, not a total rebuild whatsoever. Salary Cap.
    Starters
    C: Filpulla, Hanzal, Slater, Lapierre, MacKenzie
    W: Neal, Dustin Brown, Lucic, Pacioretty, Maroon, Galchenyuk (?C in a couple years). Etem.
    D: Keith, Hamhuis, Irwin, Seidenberg, Souray, then... Petrovic and Dumba/J.McCabe
    G: Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

You have to take the player who was taken in that spot? Or you can take whoever you want? Because Hamilton for Draisaitl and Severson I would consider, if your pick next year is useless. Not sure if it's Reinhart or Ekblad.
    Whoever Buffalo takes 2nd, that's who I'd get - I don't get to decide. Makes it interesting!
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity14 View Post
    Hey Dobber, love these threads. My question is about Connelly. Just in your opinion, what do you see Tampa doing with him this offseason? I own him in my farm and I still think he's a good prospect to hang on to. Just seems like a bunch of players have passed over him in Tampa.

Do you think they will trade his rights, qualify him, etc? Thanks in advance for your insight on this.
    He's a great trade chip for sure because he's a fantastic prospect and other teams should be targeting him. But NHL teams don't always make sense, and they certainly don't rush trades. So the best play here is to assume that he starts the season in Syracuse and then January comes up for good and gets 20 points in 40 games. TB have too many prospects of that skill set, so they need to make a move, but again - NHL teams don't always do what makes sense, often because a deal in the 'real' NHL is hard to close. I'd bet 50 fall through for every deal that gets done

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Thanks Dobber. I love reading these, even when I don't have questions of my own. Tons of good info.
    Any thoughts on Tlusty this year? Does he bounce back and get 40+ points? Seemed like Carolina's offence was out of sorts in general last year, not just Jiri, and he did have a couple of streaks where there seemed to be hope.
    A new coach makes this a tough call. One coach could coax 60 points out of him. Another coach could chase him to the press box and then Europe after 6 points in 28 games. He's a gamble with upside, nothing more

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by thom54 View Post
    Thanks so much ... the natural follow up is ... top10 2015 or Zibanejad? My team currently is in a transition phase, not a total rebuild whatsoever. Salary Cap.
    Starters
    C: Filpulla, Hanzal, Slater, Lapierre, MacKenzie
    W: Neal, Dustin Brown, Lucic, Pacioretty, Maroon, Galchenyuk (?C in a couple years). Etem.
    D: Keith, Hamhuis, Irwin, Seidenberg, Souray, then... Petrovic and Dumba/J.McCabe
    G: Rinne
    I wouldn't trade a 2015 draft pick until January at the earliest, and make absolutely certain, not just 99.99%, that the sky doesn't fall and I have no shot at last.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I wouldn't trade a 2015 draft pick until January at the earliest, and make absolutely certain, not just 99.99%, that the sky doesn't fall and I have no shot at last.

Sorry I should have definitely clarified.
    5th overall 2014 for....a top10 2015 (5-10th) OR Zibanejad.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber, after going for the win last year I have some serious cap problems coming up...What would be your suggestions for my team.
    Thanks!
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood