Thread: Jordan Zimmerman

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Jordan Zimmerman

Jordan Zimmerman was dropped by someone in my league, and is off waivers on June 4th. I have the 1st overall waiver spot so I can waste it on getting Zimmerman, or I can wait for him to go to FA. What do you expect from Jordan Zimmerman from here on out? And do I pick him up from FA or Waivers or neither? Here are my pitchers:
    SP Anibal Sánchez Det - SP
    SP Collin McHugh Hou - SP
    SP Homer Bailey Cin - SP
    RP Rafael Soriano Was - RP
    RP Jason Grilli Pit - RP
    P Fernando Rodney Sea - RP
    P Steve Cishek Mia - RP
    P Marcus Stroman Tor - SP,RP
    BN David Phelps NYY - SP,RP
    BN Drew Pomeranz Oak - SP,RP
    BN Kyle Lohse Mil - SP
    DL Cliff Lee Phi - SP
    NA Andrew Heaney Mia - SP

The roster spot of Phelps is a “stream roster spot” so to speakHerhh.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Jordan Zimmerman

I actually just traded for him in my league as I feel this is a buy low. He's also got a sweetheart two-start matchup this week against the Phillies and Padres, which could be enough to jumpstart his season. His rates are all near normal levels, he's just getting some bad luck on his BABIP, it seems.

Tough to say if he'll make it through to waivers or not. I suspect that he won't, especially for any teams with a bad pitching staff needing to take a chance on a guy who can be a top-20 or 30 pitcher for the rest of the season. I'd drop Pomeranz for him if you're going to make the claim.

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks for the insight; I’m new to baseball so I was a little shocked to see a guy who has a Yahoo Original Rank of 70 get dropped. I didn’t quite know why. I put in the claim so I’ll get him tmo. I dropped Pomeranz like you said because I just dropped Phelps for Singleton because I was weak at 1st base. I drafted Trumbo for my 1st base but he’s been hurt for a while, so I picked up Morneau and he’s done great for me as a replacement. However he’s sunk back down to earth the last 2 weeks.

Wasn’t Zimmerman hurt (thumb or something) in April? Wouldn’t that help explain why his yr has been disappointing?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

If you feel he can help your team, use the waiver. There's no point in saving the number one waiver and waiting for a better player to be dropped (although it's a little surprising that somebody would drop Zimmerman anyways).

Zimmerman is having an average season. I am not his biggest fan, he doesn't strike enough guys out for me to fully trust him. That said, he has the ability to pitch like a top 30 guy the rest of the year. Don't count on him come August because he will likely tire as he has shown to do in the past but I suspect he will pitch with a 3.50 ERA and 1.20 WHIP the rest of the year.

Also, when it comes to Washington pitchers, I think people are forgetting how terrible their team defense is. Ian Desmond is a very bad defensive shortstop and Danny Espinosa is also pretty poor at 2B. Their pitchers are likely taking a bit of a hit this year due to their defensive inefficiencies. Keep that in mind when considering pitchers.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya, I wasn’t sure why the GM gave up on Zimmerman. The GM is the father of one of the other GMs and the son is a good friend of mine. The son always complains about the father asking what player is good. It’s funny because the father watches a lot of baseball but still can’t grasp fantasy baseball very well yet. It took him a season to fully get fantasy hockey. If 1st place wasn’t so far ahead of me (I’m 2nd with 54wins he’s 75wins) I’d feel bad for taking Zimmerman.

Nice line tonight - 8 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K for the win.

Dobber Sports Titan

ya, sadly the claim didnt go through until 12am, so i didnt get his win. but its a turn in the right direction
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

12 strike outs, 0ERA and a 0.22WHIP. solid numbers there.