Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Toffoli - Reasonable Expectations?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Tyler Toffoli - Reasonable Expectations?

He is starting to look awfully good playing with Jeff Carter. It's a small sample size (10 points in 17 games) and we should probably keep our excitement a tad muted. But if you're drafting him next year what are some projections?
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Tyler Toffoli - Reasonable Expectations?

I'm thinking somewhere between 35-45 points with an outside shot at 50 depending on injuries and the like.

With Kopitar, Brown, Gaborik (if he resigns), Richards, Carter, and Williams all around next season, there is going to be some competition for the prime ice time.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

i like him for 45-55 next season

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That's about right. I have him pegged for 40-50 points. The Kings aren't the scoring machines during the regular season that they are in playoffs.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If I got 50 pts out of him next year in my keeper I'd be happy. I'll buy the 45-55 projection next year.

Administrator

He has potential for more but I would put him in the 40s to be safe.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i like him for 45-55 next season
    This is what I would go with.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Enapai View Post
    I'm thinking somewhere between 35-45 points with an outside shot at 50 depending on injuries and the like.

With Kopitar, Brown, Gaborik (if he resigns), Richards, Carter, and Williams all around next season, there is going to be some competition for the prime ice time.
    It's definitely crowded. I wonder if the emergence of Tyler gives them flexibility to make a move elsewhere

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hour View Post
    If I got 50 pts out of him next year in my keeper I'd be happy. I'll buy the 45-55 projection next year.
    Feels like a balanced approach. It's easy to hope for more (and be disappointed haha)
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Enapai View Post

I'm happy to peg Toffoli at a realistic 20G, 25A.

While Richards and Williams are both very good players, they've both been playing regularly in the bottom 6 these playoffs. Also worth noting, when Williams moves up to 1RW, Brown goes to 3RW and Toffoli has been staying put with Carter. Obviously lines are volatile but I believe Toffoli has shown the Kings enough that he's going to stick on a scoring line next season.
    Richards is kind of a non-factor at this point. He's looked very bad these playoffs, is currently the 4C and doesn't have the same hop he used to to play in the top 6.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    He is starting to look awfully good playing with Jeff Carter. It's a small sample size (10 points in 17 games) and we should probably keep our excitement a tad muted. But if you're drafting him next year what are some projections?
    Aim high. Loved this player since his high-scoring junior days in Ottawa. Kid just knows how to scplay the game and is a true sniper.

30G-30A-60P minimum

Bet he finishes top 3 in Kings scoring next year behind Kopitar and Carter...may even surpass Carter.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've been growing fond of Toffoli too.
    My biggest concern is that Gaborik re-signs with LA.

They'd have 7 quality forwards:
    Kopitar
    J.Carter
    J.Williams
    M.Richards
    D.Brown
    Gaborik
    Toffoli

I worry which one gets the boot from the top six and PP1/PP2.
    If Gaborik re-signs, I'd probably only hedge to 45-50pts on Toffoli.
    Without Gabby, I think I like Toffoli closer to 55pts.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    They'd have 7 quality forwards:
    Kopitar
    J.Carter
    J.Williams
    M.Richards
    D.Brown
    Gaborik
    Toffoli
    Don't forget that Tanner Pearson kid is pretty good too and I have a feeling that Sutter really likes him. Their top 9 is really crowded right now and that's why I can't see Toffoli getting more than 45pts next year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Aim high. Loved this player since his high-scoring junior days in Ottawa. Kid just knows how to scplay the game and is a true sniper.

30G-30A-60P minimum

Bet he finishes top 3 in Kings scoring next year behind Kopitar and Carter...may even surpass Carter.
    He's a sniper in the truest sense. Sutter said last year he was the best shooter on the team (ahead of Carter). The only knock on Toffoli was his skating and I watched him out skate Keith and Kane for a breakaway on Monday night. There isn't anything holding this kid back except opportunity.

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyone who missed my above mentioned breakaway, here's the extended highlight pack, the play can be found at 3:38

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/ice...?id=2013030324

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    He's a sniper in the truest sense. Sutter said last year he was the best shooter on the team (ahead of Carter). The only knock on Toffoli was his skating and I watched him out skate Keith and Kane for a breakaway on Monday night. There isn't anything holding this kid back except opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Anyone who missed my above mentioned breakaway, here's the extended highlight pack, the play can be found at 3:38

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/ice...?id=2013030324
    Nice clip. I always read that his skating was a problem but it looks here like he's been improving it for the past few years.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar