OF Ryan Braun Mil - OF P Steve Cishek Mia - RP
    OF Christian Yelich Mia - OF P Kyle Lohse Mil - SP
    OF Giancarlo Stanton Mia - OF BN Gavin Floyd Atl - SP
    Util Pedro Álvarez Pit - 3B BN Empty
    Util Matt Carpenter StL - 2B,3B DL Jason Grilli Pit - RP
    BN Xander Bogaerts Bos - 3B,SS DL Cliff Lee Phi - SP
    BN Alfonso Soriano NYY - OF NA Danny Salazar Cle - SP
    DL Mark Trumbo Ari - 1B,OF

We have 6 adds per week. I’m waiting for tmo to add a pitcher.
    Keep 7 (I think, might change) H2H 10 team league. For categories we do:
    Hits Runs RBIs HR SB Avg XBH
    W K’s ERA WHIP QS Sv+Holds

This is my first yr doing fantasy baseball and I really didn’t follow baseball outside of the Jays till this yr too. It would be nice to know how my team actually is. My pitchers weren’t great when I drafted so I’ve decided to “stream” them and I’ve had decent success that way (We have an “NA” slot, that’s why I have Salazar on my team still)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Newby Help - Team Grade

I’ve also made 1 trade and thought I made out alright:
    I gave up:
    Garret Jones Mia -1B, OF
    Brad Miller Sea – 2B, SS
    Madison Bumgarner SF – SP

I got:
    Jose Altuve Hou – 2B
    Pedro Alvarez Pit – 3B
    Anibal Sanchez Det -SP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For a 10 team league, I would break it down like this:

C: McCann is middle tier catcher, he should be fine in NY

1B: Morneau is playing well this year but I would look for an upgrade as you can't really count on him and Trumbo in the second half given their recent history

2B: Altuve and Carpenter is a pretty good 1-2 punch, nothing wrong here

3B: Donaldson is proving last year is not a fluke and I'd say with Alvarez, Carpenter and Bogaerts you are pretty set here

SS: Hanley is one of the best

OF: Brantley, Braun, Stanton should be a solid top 3 in your league. I would look to trade Braun ASAP this year though because I believe his value is going to decrease every year from here on out. If you can find somebody who still believes he is a top 20 player, I would make that deal.

SP: It sucks that Lee has gone down recently, hopefully he's back soon. Sanchez is solid and Bailey should see his numbers turn around. Salazar probably wont have much of an impact this year but if he can figure it out, maybe he helps you come playoff time. Lincecum is strictly for K's and I'd actually classify him as stream worthy in your league, not a must own guy anymore. I agree that given the guys likely in free agency, you can probably stream your pitchers every week; however, I find this strategy becomes more difficult later in the year if other owners catch on and beat you to the punch. I suggest finding some pitchers who have a solid schedule coming up an sticking with those guys for a few weeks. There should be some pitchers who deserved to be owned more widely but are constantly being picked up and dropped. If so, try and package them for an upgrade on a slightly better pitcher who has had a couple of down weeks. By the time the playoffs roll around, you might wish you had more reliable pitchers.

RP: All your closers are very volatile guys, who are known for the occasional blow-up that could cost you ERA and WHIP any given week. Again, given that this is a SV's + Holds league, I assume that means they are weighted equally? If so, I would want relief pitchers who are more consistent night in and night out over the likes of Grilli, Rodney and Soriano (Cishek could get traded come July)

Overall, solid team, you should compete for a playoff spot. Also, nice job on that trade!

Dobber Sports Titan

Thanks, I was reading when drafting my team to avoid pitchers in the early rounds. I kinda lost track and only got 1 real ace haha. I’m thinking of streaming my pitchers until I have found guys I like. I picked up Lohse in a stream format; Gavin Floyd just came back from Tommy John surgery and looked well his 1st game.

Any people I should target?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would not count on very much from Gavin Floyd this year. Hard to know who to target without knowing the pitchers that are on the waiver wire in your league. As far as relievers go, I'd target Wade Davis, Sean Doolittle, Betances as strong guys to help your ERA, WHIP, K's and get Holds the rest of the year.

Some starters who could improve over the season and be worth rostering (and might be available in your league): Trevor Bauer, Drew Pomeranz, Taijuan Walker, Johnathan Niese to name a few.

For first base, maybe you could get Chris Davis for Braun. I'd sign off on that deal for your team

Dobber Sports Titan

Pomeranz and Walker are on my watch list, I'll add them when they start. Relievers in my league are so undervalued i dont think i can even ship mine out for anything decent. 3 of the 7 teams dont even have a RP on their roster. I'll add wade Davis tho for one of my relievers, i didnt realize how well he was doing as a reliever now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a 10 team league, Floyd is the kind of pitcher you can afford to stream in and out unless you have a transaction limit. I'd hold onto Lohse for now - the kind of numbers he's giving you thus far you have to, or see if you can trade him. Throwing the slider and cutter more has definitely helped him, but chances of breaking down increase because of the frequency he throws the slider.

I'm guessing Soriano is someone you can stream as well - he's the type of guy that gets on hot streaks, so keep your eye out on him if you do decide to drop him.
    Twitter: @jasonang00

Dobber Sports Titan

I am going to keep Lohse for now. He’s by far my best pitcher, especially now that Lee is on the DL. Soriano just stays on my starting lineup. I haven’t really streamed RP; I don’t quite know when RP will get called in to play for sure. Also usually 2-4 saves a week gets me the win for the “saves+holds” category, so I don’t focus too much on that cat.

I’m going to target Verlander, he’s on the block and I know the owner (my friend) is upset with his performace, so I may be able to get him cheap. I know my strength isn’t pitching, so I won’t break the batting bank to get Verlander.