Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Filatov vs Radulov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Filatov vs Radulov

I\'m going to side with Lanky here. I don\'t think a line was crossed at all. I didnt think there was anything wrong with the way he went after Hockey Guy. In fact I\'m more offended my Hockey Guy\'s glib use of Karma by dinging people who disagreed with him or went out on a limb. Karma\'s really a useless feature but to a degree it shows who around here is helpful and who, like me, just likes to punch keys at random and see what results. It\'s not like anyone was really personally attacked and if we\'re going to get our backs up over a little tough talk or sarcasm then we\'re in trouble.

Dobber Sports Icon

big_dl wrote:
    I\'m going to side with Lanky here. I don\'t think a line was crossed at all. I didnt think there was anything wrong with the way he went after Hockey Guy. In fact I\'m more offended my Hockey Guy\'s glib use of Karma by dinging people who disagreed with him or went out on a limb. Karma\'s really a useless feature but to a degree it shows who around here is helpful and who, like me, just likes to punch keys at random and see what results. It\'s not like anyone was really personally attacked and if we\'re going to get our backs up over a little tough talk or sarcasm then we\'re in trouble.
    Thank you for that Big_dl... I was just kind of looking back through my posts, and for the most part, I was really just trying to get my point across and make it known that docking someone\'s karma (for what can best be described as a joke) is kind of inappropriate...

I mean obviously I could have done a better job of getting my opinion accross, but I really don\'t remember anything particularly offensive... (i\'m actually kind of scratching my head a bit, because I had a grin the whole time I was posting to this thread - because I really wanted a back a forth with Hockey Guy).

Again, I mean I\'m sorry if people took it the wrong way... my intention wasn\'t to be \"mean.\"

I can admit my mistakes, and not that it\'s really a good thing... but I\'ve done a lot worse than this... :dry: I actually thought that while I was fairly combative, that I kept everything civil and tame in the grand scheme of things...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Master

The point I was trying to get across was a moderator is in a position of power. Openly arguing with another member should be resisted. I have no objection to heated debate and even a little mud slinging. It makes things more interesting. However, in my opinion, a moderator should not be taking part. Maybe you should have an alter ego Lanky? Let loose on them with EvilLanky?

Banned

you guys are all *****s, stop your whining

hahahaha...kidding

I could be completely wrong with Radulov (and if I am I\'ll fully fess up) but the reason I\'m not big on him has nothing to do with his production (though that has been less than what people were predicting). Its mainly because he\'s inconsistent, his level of effort seems to change with the wind and he sometimes looks a little lost on the ice. Granted I haven\'t seen a ton of Preds games but I probably watched 5-10 plus the playoffs. Its frustrating too because some nights he looks every bit the superstar that people predicted...I guess what I\'m trying to say is I\'m not sold on him but I\'m watching him very closely for signs of emergence

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I\'m willing to bet that I have more experience as a moderator (both regular and head) for big forums than most people here. I usually run a really tight ship with my mods. One rule I have for them is that it\'s fine for them to join discussions, no matter how heated they become, but when they join a discussion, they put aside the moderatorship momentarily. Otherwise the balance of power in the discussion (doesn\'t matter if we\'re talking conscious or subconscious) tips to one side.

With that said, I don\'t think lanky stepped over the line. He was close, sure, but no cigar in the end. He\'s already touched on what he could\'ve done better himself, so he\'s aware of that. Frankly, I think this kind of got blown out of proportion. Let\'s all just chill for a bit.

This forum is pretty much a moderator\'s dream, because there are hardly ever any situations that need resolving. Mostly it\'s just cleaning up multiple posts and stuff.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

well put as usual Sentium...personally I like it when Lanky gets riled up, it makes the boards just that much more entertaining. Plus if he catches shit for that kind of minor chickenshit then I\'m really screwed :P

I think of the boards sort of like going to a Sports Bar to watch a regional game...you\'re gonna have fans cheering for both sides and you\'re gonna have the full gamut of fans from the quiet guy sipping his beer in the corner to the douchebag chest-thumping and high fiving after icings. As far as I\'m concerned if someone says something stupid you should call em out, but if you\'re gonna call em out have a good argument.

Dobber Sports Master

I agree with you sentium. But I like the forums the way they are. Moderators must be careful not to cross the line and it is discussions like this that make the line clearly visible. Lanky is a good mod, no doubt about it. This is a slippery slope and I want us to make sure what our direction should be.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Take my name for what it\'s worth, a cool name, but people on these forums (including Dobber) have changed their tune pretty quickly on Radulov. It wasn\'t too long ago Dobber was pumping him as a potential 120-upside player, and maybe a few months ago I read some rambling about how his upside has all of a sudden been downgraded to 80-90 points.

Radulov played probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the year with Bonk and random srubs like Fiddler. When he was playing with Dumont and Arnott I\'m pretty sure he was hovering around a point per game. I don\'t think he\'ll be a 100+ player consistently, but with his shot and hands I think he\'s a lock for 30 goals and at least 70-80 points consistently, with the potential for more. He was also stuck on the 2nd PP unit for probably 90% of last season.

Filatov has 80-90 pt upside, but he probably won\'t be near those levels for at least 3-4 years.

The Great One

lanky522 wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    lanky522 wrote:
    um... just for the record, teams can trade the rights of a player up until July 1st... which is what he was talking about.

Get your facts straight before you bash someone and take their karma.

+2 karma to gotlaid for dealing with this crap.

EDIT:
    Also, he was obviously kidding about the trade... everyone knows that teams don\'t trade their picks a week after they make them...

They spend months, years in some cases scouting these guys... No one is going to take a pick and then trade it. Filatov isn\'t for sale and neither is Schenn (and niether is Stamkos, Doughty, or anyone else...). Sorry that you couldn\'t see that GotLaid was just posting some wishfull thinking.
    And I said WILL be a UFA...which means future tense (July 1st is in the future BTW). And, no that is not what he was talking about because, if you knew what you were talking about, you (and he) should know the Montreal has EXCLUSIVE rights to Sundin.

-1 for you, when I reload. How do you know he wasn\'t serious, there was no joking tone in his email at all.
    Anyway, I am pretty sure GotLaid can fight his own battles though.
    Oh I\'m sorry... I neglected to realize that you are THE Hockey Guy... My appologies... if I had known that THE Hockey Guy; the prophet were in my midst, I never would have said such things. Forgive me oh future seer.

And... \"email?\" Seriously? Why do I even bother with these yokels?

Yes... I\'m sure that Ryan Ma (writer for dobberhockey - to educate your apparent ignorance) was serious when he suggested that Sundin, McCabe, and company would be moving to columbus. He writes columns for dobberhockey, and he\'s that foolish...

Please.

Sorry you didn\'t get that he wasn\'t being serious in his post. It was pretty apparent to me... B)

EDIT:
    BTW, I\'m not fighting any battles... I\'m just calling you out for an ignorant post. Sorry if you were confused. I\'ll post with smaller words next time. :laugh:
    Lanky Ill start by saying I usually find your posts informative and helpful. However I think you lost face here. In fact if you had to argue- I would have honestly expected a more eloquent fact based direction than this particular post. I dont mind that you had a dissenting point, or that you were defending a fellow dobberite but when a moderator comes across as belittling its like a parent calling a kid a \"doo doo head\".

Yes your mock praise qualifies as belittling. As does your berating for calling his post an \"e-mail\" and your use of the term yokel. As does your statement that you\'ll use smaller word. Do I really need to go on?

The worst point IMO opinion is stating that because Ryan Ma is an article writer for DOBBER HOCKEY TM!, that his point is somehow infallible. We dont come here becuase we need someone to dictate what choices we should be making. We come here because we enjoy reading the different perspectives presented here and have found the advice valuable and for the most part it has been constructive. Dobber himself only claims to be right 51% of the time...

As per the post- I think its crazy not to value Radulov much higher at this point.

Banned

for crissakes people this is a fantasy hockey forum, not a library or a nursery...if your precious sensibilities are that hurt by the occasional colorful post then don\'t read them. As a general rule I agree that moderators should not stoop to the level of some of the idiots that post here but this jackass \'The Hockey Guy\' was plain asking for it.

The Great One

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    for crissakes people this is a fantasy hockey forum, not a library or a nursery...if your precious sensibilities are that hurt by the occasional colorful post then don\'t read them. As a general rule I agree that moderators should not stoop to the level of some of the idiots that post here but this jackass \'The Hockey Guy\' was plain asking for it.
    Well its all fine and good until you are the one whos being made a spectacle of. Not too mention Lanky carries a lot of clout around here. If that were me getting chopped down Id change my name to the fighting osterych because my head would be planted firmly in the sand...

Dobber Sports Master

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    As a fellow mod I have had my fair share of debates with others... aka the Ben10,Flyers,Crazynuck cagematch. Dobberhockey is the most informative fantasy hockey website out there but what keeps me coming back is the community. As a moderator we shouldn\'t be limited to debating and expressing our opinions as long as we respect everyone in the community. If someone makes a uninformative post or just plain stupid remark they should be called out on it. I have not read the entire thread so i\'m not gonna comment on Lanky. Lets keep these forums the way they are \"great\" and don\'t stoop to the levels of HF boards and other forums.

Round 2 ding ding
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Banned

Fighting_Emu wrote:
    mister_mcgoo wrote:
    Well its all fine and good until you are the one whos being made a spectacle of. Not too mention Lanky carries a lot of clout around here. If that were me getting chopped down Id change my name to the fighting osterych because my head would be planted firmly in the sand...
    hahaha point well taken emu...I guess the way I see it is that it escalated as most flame wars do with both sides getting heated and saying stupid shit but Lanky was 90% justified in most of what he said, he just took a couple unnecessary cheap shots. We all love this board because for the most part people are intelligent and able to appreciate alternate points of view, but when someone comes in here and spouts bullshit I think its our communal civic duty to put em in their place

The Great One

Lol! +1 Karma for that- touche sir!

Dobber Sports Expert

I\'m the last guy in the world that will normally support Rads, everytime he comes up I seem get caught in the middle of these arguments with owners who have eaten a few too many brownies and start spouting inanity like 100+ pts and the like. Personally i think hes a \'minor\' bust and will continue to be one for most of his career (in other words a serviceable 65-75 pt forward who may have a single career season of 80+).
    That would be fair, IF Radulov had been given every opportunity and had failed to produce (according to your description, like Saku Koivu). However, he had been relegated to the 2nd and 3rd lines for most of the season.

Radulov has all of the tools to be one of the best in the league.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi