Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Filatov vs Radulov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Filatov vs Radulov

Simple.. which one the two has the highest potential?
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Filatov.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

angus wrote:
    Filatov.
    not on CBJ...his points will be held down as long as hes coached by Hitch

Angus.. is it close or Filatov is way superior to Radulov.

Is it because Filatov is surrounded with better players and Radulov has... well no one...lol.
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

newellky wrote:
    angus wrote:
    Filatov.
    not on CBJ...his points will be held down as long as hes coached by Hitch
    Hitch isn\'t a defensive coach, he is a systems coach. Hell, Zherdev put up career numbers under him. Filatov is much more dynamic than Radulov.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Expert

Angus, I love your commentary and analysis, and I say this out of curiosity and not out of disrespect, but I am curious to see how Dobber would answer this question.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

y didnt the leafs grab this guy lol

Dobber Sports Ace

praba wrote:
    y didnt the leafs grab this guy lol
    I\'m wondering the same thing. I\'m happy Schenn was the choice since the Leafs need a shut down D with a mean streak, and haven\'t had a decent one since they let Jason Smith walk all those years ago. But I wouldn\'t pass on Filatov in that spot; trade one of the 4-5 offensive defencemen to another team for some established shutdown guys.

Dobber Sports Expert

Hmmmmm... The thing is if you are looking for potential it\'s gotta be Filatov. After what I saw from him in the WJHC it just seems like he\'s from the same mold as Ovechkin and Malkin where he can go out and just control games. So he has that upside going for him. Yes Hitch is a defense first coach, but it\'s not like a complete shut down of offense like Lemaire is. It depends where he plays and how he comes out of camp this year. If he cracks it they might not force him into a scoring role just yet because they don\'t really need to with Brassard Voracek Nash all there.

Rads I just don\'t really see that upside. He\'s been alright since he\'s joined the pros but I don\'t think he can be grouped as an Malkin Ovechkin type.

In the long run I think Filatov, but shorter term like next 2 years probably Radulov.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

Also the fact that he is NHL ready and that their glaring need is a centerman, it wouldn\'t surprised me if they dangled him around to see if they can fetch a high priced center and maybe some help on the blueline.

I was just pondering maybe a Sundin + McCabe/Kaberle/Kubina for Filatov + Westcott + Lindstrom or something might make sense... that way it appeases the Leaf fans for kicking up a storm about passing on Filatov and they get rid of one of their high-priced defensive liabilities while opening up a slot for Schenn and picking up a reliable D in Westcott and a young prospect in Lindstrom.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

zheredev\'s career yr (if you want to call it that) has more to do with his maturation process then the fact that hitch is the coach. at this pt we should be seeing gains from him for the next couple of seasons.

Dobber Sports Icon

Gotlaid wrote:
    Also the fact that he is NHL ready and that their glaring need is a centerman, it wouldn\'t surprised me if they dangled him around to see if they can fetch a high priced center and maybe some help on the blueline.

I was just pondering maybe a Sundin + McCabe/Kaberle/Kubina for Filatov + Westcott + Lindstrom or something might make sense... that way it appeases the Leaf fans for kicking up a storm about passing on Filatov and they get rid of one of their high-priced defensive liabilities while opening up a slot for Schenn and picking up a reliable D in Westcott and a young prospect in Lindstrom.
    Interestingly enough, as dobber reports, Hitchcock sees Filatov as more of a center... hmy:
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Icon

soupsandwich wrote:
    zheredev\'s career yr (if you want to call it that) has more to do with his maturation process then the fact that hitch is the coach. at this pt we should be seeing gains from him for the next couple of seasons.
    wow... I really disagree.

You put Zherdev on another team without as good a coach, and no way he repeats this year\'s preformance imo.
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Novice

Gotlaid wrote:

Yeah, that\'s right - Toronto is in the mix for Filatov! They want him so bad they forgot to draft him when they had the chance!
    Give your head a shake!
    Sundin will be a UFA and as far as I know, you can\'t trade those guys....because you don\'t own them. But yeah, McCabe and Kubina are part of your deal as well. OH WAIT, no trade clauses!
    Columbus has placed 29 phone calls to the other GM\'s in the league, they don\'t want Filatov anymore, they made a mistake in drafting him.

I really have no idea how Laugh Fans make it through the day, everything revolves around them. Unreal.

BTW, yes it was me who took a karma point from you.

Sorry, had to say it - I know everyone but Laugh Fans were thinking it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Hockey Guy wrote:
    Gotlaid wrote:

Yeah, that\'s right - Toronto is in the mix for Filatov! They want him so bad they forgot to draft him when they had the chance!
    Give your head a shake!
    Sundin will be a UFA and as far as I know, you can\'t trade those guys....because you don\'t own them. But yeah, McCabe and Kubina are part of your deal as well. OH WAIT, no trade clauses!
    Columbus has placed 29 phone calls to the other GM\'s in the league, they don\'t want Filatov anymore, they made a mistake in drafting him.

I really have no idea how Laugh Fans make it through the day, everything revolves around them. Unreal.

BTW, yes it was me who took a karma point from you.

Sorry, had to say it - I know everyone but Laugh Fans were thinking it.
    um... just for the record, teams can trade the rights of a player up until July 1st... which is what he was talking about.

Get your facts straight before you bash someone and take their karma.

+2 karma to gotlaid for dealing with this crap.

EDIT:
    Also, he was obviously kidding about the trade... everyone knows that teams don\'t trade their picks a week after they make them...

They spend months, years in some cases scouting these guys... No one is going to take a pick and then trade it. Filatov isn\'t for sale and neither is Schenn (and niether is Stamkos, Doughty, or anyone else...). Sorry that you couldn\'t see that GotLaid was just posting some wishfull thinking.
    Roster Limit(s):