Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dubinsky vs. Hartnell

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dubinsky vs. Hartnell

Who is better for a multi-cat league? (Hits,blocks,PIMS,G,A,P,SOG)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Dubinsky vs. Hartnell

Hits - Dubi
    Blocks - Wash
    PIM's - Wash (Maybe slight edge to Hartnell)
    G - Hartnell
    A - Wash (IMO Dubi tops out at this years totals)
    P - Hartnell
    SOG - Hartnell

I'd take Hartnell. I don't think Dubi will ever me more than what he was this year, decent multi-cat stats with around 40-50 points. Hartnell has a bit more upside. I'd go with him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would age be a factor? 1 or the other would be a keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    Hits - Dubi
    Blocks - Wash
    PIM's - Wash (Maybe slight edge to Hartnell)
    G - Hartnell
    A - Wash (IMO Dubi tops out at this years totals)
    P - Hartnell
    SOG - Hartnell

I'd take Hartnell. I don't think Dubi will ever me more than what he was this year, decent multi-cat stats with around 40-50 points. Hartnell has a bit more upside. I'd go with him.
    Nice category breakdown. I think I agree on all counts. Hartnell seems to have the better offensive ceiling, with Dubinsky taking on more defensive responsibility.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Stud

For me this is a no brainer. Dubinsky is the clear cut favorite as Hartnell is now 32 years old and was held scoreless versus NY in 7 games. Dubinsky on the other hand is in his prime at 28

I suppose this boils down to a 1 year league with no keepers versus a keeper league

even then unless I was going for it next season I would still keep Brandon over Scott
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hartnell has been magic in PHI with Giroux.
    He's currently (IMO) the 4th forward on their 4-forward PP (Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Hartnell).

If he gets booted off the Giroux line (could happen) and if he gets booted off PP1 (could happen), then he takes a big hit.

Me & a good buddy on my men's hockey league team are both die-hard Flyer fans... and we both agree that Hartnell is about to take a backseat in PHI.
    They need more offense at the top.

There was a time when Mike Knuble (who?!?) was a perfect compliment to the Backstrom-Ovechkin pairing.
    Hartnell adds that same grit to Giroux-Voracek... but that's not to say it continues to next year.

For the first time, I find myself switching on this comparison.
    Give me Dubinsky for the future.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    and we both agree that Hartnell is about to take a backseat in PHI.
    They need more offense at the top.
    Hartnell was replaced on the top line by Michael Raffl at multiple times this season and also in the playoffs. I think it might happen even more often next year, but I think Hartnell still stays on that top power play unit though.

Dobber Sports Deity

I love how people automatically assume that once a guy hits 30+ years old that his value is diminished.

I would take Hartnell over Dubinsky in this format.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    but I think Hartnell still stays on that top power play unit though.
    I disagree... and this is the part where I have worries about Hartnell.
    Wayne Simmonds clearly established himself as a great net-front PP presence for PHI this year.
    Perhaps, best net-front PP presence in the league! (is this going too far... I'm not sure it is)???
    The hands of Giroux & Voracek make them locks.
    So... that's 3F as locks on the PP.
    And there is guaranteed to be 1D (Streit or AndrewMac).

So - if there is any tweaking made to the PHI PP1... it's Hartnell who is getting tossed.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=timeOnIce
    He was pretty consistent throughout the season on PP1, but he did struggle in April (0 PPP in 8 games) and in the playoffs (1 PPP).
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/splits...scott-hartnell

Now, breaking down Hartnell's output, he had 32 points even-strength + 20 points power-play.
    Historically, he's been a bit closer to 40 points even-strength.
    For me... the drop to 32 ESP is a bit concerning.

Hartnell & Dubinsky have nearly even value in PIM & SOG.
    Dubinsky is churning out bigger minutes and his leadership on CBJ should keep him there.

With Hartnell, I just don't know.
    I can totally see him moving to line 2 and PP2.
    (and personally, I think Brayden Schenn or Couturier or Matt Read, who I really like, have more PP value to keep the puck moving now that SIMMONDS is clearly their dirty PP guy)
    I just think the Simmons PP emergence, which is REAL - he's the real deal in front, is the biggest threat to Hartnell's value.

I love the guy... but he's a 3rd wheel on a line... and we always have to be careful investing in those guys.

Dobber Sports Stud

So - if there is any tweaking made to the PHI PP1... it's Hartnell who is getting tossed.
    [
    "IF" is the keyword here, I agree Hartnell's production wasn't good down the stretch, but is a bad month enough to demote him? Hartnell is more of the shooter on the PP and usually waits for feeds from Giroux for one-timers from the slot, there's obviously chemistry between those 5 guys on that PP unit.

Who would be a better fit if Hartnell is out? Read? Maybe Lecavalier since he's more of a shooter? Or they go with 2 d-men? I don't really see an upgrade to Hartnell on the PP, I personally think he sticks, at least for the start of next season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I agree that Hartnell is good on the PP... I'm just noting that teams make changes when things aren't clicking... and being on the fringe position can be dangerous.
    I wasn't worried about Hartnell when he was the 3rd forward of four... but I now think he is the 4th forward of 4.

We shall see.
    (bookmark. I use this word as a finding reference occasionally to review things I'm pretty confident in!)

Dobber Sports All-Star

The one thing that Hartnell has going for him is that the team might feel obligated to keep using him since they already prepaid for his expensive services with that ridiculous contract.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would go with Dubinsky. He looked geat this year and I think he is going to be one of the top multi-cat guys for the next several years.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I just think the Simmons PP emergence, which is REAL - he's the real deal in front, is the biggest threat to Hartnell's value.
    BUMPITY-BUMP-of-the-day.

Dobber Sports Stud

BUMPITY-BUMP-of-the-day.
    Well done Although, Hartnell apparently requested to be traded.

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/481131081752530944

I asked this in the trade thread, who replaces Hartnell on the top line in Philly then?