Thread: John Dies at the End

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default John Dies at the End

Any fans of this one, or its sequel, This Book is Full of Spiders? I am only about halfway through the second, so I can't promise it is great all the way through, but I definitely enjoyed the first, and am enjoying this one so far. Sort of horror comedy, with protagonists who I have seen compared to the main characters in the Clerks movies...just a couple of small town jackasses, who happen to be able to see things that others can't and thus get sucked into missions to save the world from various supernatural horrors. The thing is, despite being filled with moments of hilarity, these books also contain plenty of horror and suspense. Conceptually, some of the evils they deal with are quite scary. The authour's ability to blend comedy and horror without taking anything away from either is impressive.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: John Dies at the End

I've always meant to read these books....I read cracked.com constantly and the author of these books is the editor of that website.

Thanks for reminding me, I really need to track them down.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: John Dies at the End

My friend keeps telling me to listen to this book. I want to but I haven't been downloading any new audio books lately.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis