Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Draft Chatter

Default 2014 NFL Draft Chatter

With less than 24hrs until the commencement of this years draft, I think we need to start the chatter and speculation. So what ya got, eh?

Myself, I'm not sold on the QB hype, much less the Johnny "Football" Manziel love fest. Put me in the corner that believes that the only way JM gets drafted in the top ten-fifteen is an owner usurping his GM & scouts. I think Bortles is the first QB off the board to Minnesota at 8 spot.

As far as fantasy leagues, it's a great year to trade down from the top two in dynasty leagues. Great value in WR, and the RBs should go late first/early second.

What say you??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft Chatter

All the buzz about the Lions and Sammy Watkins is crazy. They'd have to get to #3! But boy would he be nice across from Megatron!

Manziel could plummet, and I wonder if Bridgewater will regret getting dressed up for Thursday night.

Should be a bit of a wild one with all kinds of teams hoping to move around in the first.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Be interesting to see if Houston trades down. I just don't see another team willing to pay their asking price (presumably 3 firsts and 1 second). I do think there will be some trading going on. Imagine the Texans selecting Mack over Clowney?? Teams will be climbing over each other to get to 2/3.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched Mike Mayocks final "mock draft" on the NHL network last night. He certainly had some interesting picks but the most interesting was at #16 when the Cowboys came to the podium and selected Johnny Manziel.

He had Bridgewater going to Cleveland at #26.

You can see his entire list here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ork-draft-guru
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watched Mike Mayocks final "mock draft" on the NHL network last night. He certainly had some interesting picks but the most interesting was at #16 when the Cowboys came to the podium and selected Johnny Manziel.

He had Bridgewater going to Cleveland at #26.

You can see his entire list here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ork-draft-guru
    Funny, last night while watching pre-draft drama on NFL channel, I was envisioning Manziel as the quintessential Jerry Jones pick.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

If Houston lowers there price, which I think they will, Bortles will be their pick. Atlanta has enough picks in this years draft plus something next year to make moving down to 6 worth while. But if I was in houston making that first pick, I would strongly consider taking Watkins at 1 and then trading back into the bottom of the first round and taking my QB. There simply isn't enough talent on the offensive side of the ball and the defensive unit that carried the texans in the two years prior, is virtually the same.

Dobber Sports Deity

Mayock mentioned last night that he wouldnt be surprised to see Atlanta swap spots with Houston (up from 6 to 1). Atlanta has enough picks to make that type of deal and would love to get their hands on Clowney.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Let's not forget SF and their plethora o'picks. I'm sure they'll be moving up to mid-first round for a WR.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Let's not forget SF and their plethora o'picks. I'm sure they'll be moving up to mid-first round for a WR.

The Niners need DB help more then anything but for some reason I can see them moving up to try and grab a LB. I realize they picked up the option on Aldon Smith for the up coming season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them moving up to find his replacement. I think they have had enough of his "off the field" antics. Too bad because he's a beast, but I can see them cutting bait with him at the end of the season, possibly sooner if more issues come about.

I think Patton plays a much bigger role for them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Niners need DB help more then anything but for some reason I can see them moving up to try and grab a LB. I realize they picked up the option on Aldon Smith for the up coming season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them moving up to find his replacement. I think they have had enough of his "off the field" antics. Too bad because he's a beast, but I can see them cutting bait with him at the end of the season, possibly sooner if more issues come about.

I think Patton plays a much bigger role for them this year.
    I'd love to see Patton take the next step, but Niners may be lookin' past the Crabtree era. Just sayin...

Hey when did the NFL's pre-draft show become a Joan Rivers who-are-you-wearing red carpet parade?!?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the Seahawks will trade down and/or pick someone wholly unexpected.

Signed,
    Austin "Captain Obvious" Wallace
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Guru

So...the Lions grabbed a TE?
    This guy better haul in a lot of passes.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Bills jumped too early...imo. Cleve was not taking Watkins at that spot, nor the Raiders.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Cleveland might have -- there was lots of talk about them nabbing him.
    Raiders are a total wildcard. I dunno. I think the Bills did what they needed to get him.
    I wanted Evans in Detroit. Started to think I might get lucky. TE was a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Cleveland might have -- there was lots of talk about them nabbing him.
    Raiders are a total wildcard. I dunno. I think the Bills did what they needed to get him.
    I wanted Evans in Detroit. Started to think they might get lucky.
    Cleve wanted Mack. That's a Pettine pick right there. Regardless, Bills jumped early and gave up too much for a speed receiver. Love Watkins...but...
    @SmittysRant