Thread: Ex-Heroes (Peter Clines)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Ex-Heroes (Peter Clines)

I just finished this one. LA is overrun by zombies, and the city's superheroes (generally limited in power, sort of X-menish) have holed up with a bunch of survivors inside a film studio. Story begins almost two years after the initial zombie infection, at which point the morale of the heroes is pretty shaky, from the stresses of foraging farther and farther afield, dealing with the street gangs that run the rest of LA, and coping with the zombification of several of their hero friends.

It's a bit slow to start, but the concept is pretty cool, and it picks up significantly in the later two thirds of the book. If you read on a Kindle, it's selling for under $3 right now (though later books in the series are full price). Not the best thing I've ever read, but well worth three bucks and a few hours of your time.

I...am your father.

Default Re: Ex-Heroes (Peter Clines)

Looks interesting - how many books? What sort of powers? Do the heros maintain powers as zombies?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Ex-Heroes (Peter Clines)

I think four books? Maybe five? The first one could quite easily stand alone though. It doesn't end on any sort of cliffhanger. Heroes do maintain power as zombies, but with zombie-level intelligence. Powers are all over the place...Bullet proof dude who can almost fly. Guy who can power up by making eye contact with human enemies and draining their strength. Ninja lady. Armored battlesuit lady. Guy who reverse-possessed a demon and took its body. Ball of electricity. Stuff like that.