Thread: Radim Vrbata vs Jeff Carter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Radim Vrbata vs Jeff Carter

Tossed this one up on twitter a few days ago. I have to admit it got me thinking. Based on name recognition the easy choice is Carter, but really they fill similar categories.

Vrbata likely provides better value in the mid rounds, but on a pure production basis who do you prefer?
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Administrator

Default Re: Radim Vrbata vs Jeff Carter

Carter, please. I'll agree that Vrbata will get you better value in terms of return vs. investment but if at some point next season I can turn Vrbata into Carter I'm not even thinking twice about it. I do not want to be the guy left holding Vrbata when he turns into a pumpkin.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Carter, please. I'll agree that Vrbata will get you better value in terms of return vs. investment but if at some point next season I can turn Vrbata into Carter I'm not even thinking twice about it. I do not want to be the guy left holding Vrbata when he turns into a pumpkin.
    I guess a caveat would have been 'Vrbata in PHX". If he ends up somewhere else I'm not entirely sure what to expect
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Still Carter.. And if V is not in phx then not even a sniff stay away

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Still Carter.. And if V is not in phx then not even a sniff stay away
    You might be right. Can't see too many teams making him the fulcrum of their offence the way he is in PHX

Dobber Sports Genius

Jeff Carter for sure, even if let's say there a "wash" as far as production is concern which I don't think will be the case moving forward. Jeff Carter adds in great name vaule and will be able to fetch a better return if it every came down to it. Better own overall
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Jeff Carter for sure, even if let's say there a "wash" as far as production is concern which I don't think will be the case moving forward. Jeff Carter adds in great name vaule and will be able to fetch a better return if it every came down to it. Better own overall
    You're probably right. Although I wonder if people are starting to get wise to the fact that Carter in LA is likely a 50-55 point guy