Thread: Which side do you like

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which side do you like

Just made a trade in one of my keeper leagues. Without giving away which side I am (possibly to avoid shame), just want to ask the forum which side they prefer.

Bjugstad
    Rattie
    Jarnkrok

Or

Nyqvist
    J Hayes

Cats are G A SOG GWG PPP SHP H&B FOW

Have at it ...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Which side do you like

Personally I would take the Nyquist side as he has already demonstrated that his is a top talent. I really like both Rattie and Jarnkrok but I think you will be waiting longer for them (especially with Jaskin ahead of Rattie for the next RW top six spot). I also really like Bjustad but think that Barkov is the #1 center of the future and will get the lions share of the top minutes going forward. At the end of the day I think Nyquist is the best player in the deal and I would prefer having him and Hayes.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Oakville Squires View Post
    I really like both Bjustad and Jarnkrok but I thnk you wil be waiting longer for them (espeically Bjustad with Jaskin ahead of him for the next RW top six spot)
    I think you meant Rattie here

Anyways,

I like the Nyquist side as well, he seems to have proven to be a lock for the top 6 in Detroit for the foreseeable future. Bjugstad is a solid talent but there is no telling where he ends up in Florida's depth chart and the new coach could help or hurt that. Just more certainty on the Nyquist side imo.

Dobber Sports Star

Nyquist side

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    I think you meant Rattie here

Anyways,

I like the Nyquist side as well, he seems to have proven to be a lock for the top 6 in Detroit for the foreseeable future. Bjugstad is a solid talent but there is no telling where he ends up in Florida's depth chart and the new coach could help or hurt that. Just more certainty on the Nyquist side imo.
    Thanks - I really should have read that over before I posted it. Its fixed up now.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nyquist side for me

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nyqvist for me as well. Even though he did not have a great playoff, he is still a great talent.
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

Not knowing league dynamics - salary caps, your depth, etc it is not a bad trade either way. might be win/win which is always a good trade.
    Nyqvist gives you the higher end but the other side gets some pretty good players.
    the winner of this trade will be determined in about 3 years.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Not knowing league dynamics - salary caps, your depth, etc it is not a bad trade either way. might be win/win which is always a good trade.
    Nyqvist gives you the higher end but the other side gets some pretty good players.
    the winner of this trade will be determined in about 3 years.
    I was thinking the same thing that the trade will probably be decided in 3 years. Have a little less anxiety over the fact the the near majority selected the side I received although the guys I gave up could be promising guys in 2 years or so.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nyquist side for me. All prospects and Nyquist is the BPA, so I like that side.

Dobber Sports Deity

Sometimes I really wonder if anyone here looks at the league cats or simply the names involved in the trades and automatically thinks goals and assists.

I agree that it's really early to tell who wins this trade as it involves youth going both ways.

There is no doubting that Nyquist is going to be a very good offensive player but this is more then a points league. The FOW are a cat that is normally an important one (especially if its a H2H league) as well as the Hits and Blocks so that increases Bjugstads value more then most are taking into consideration here. Jarnkrok had 9 pts in 12 games in Nashville this year and is obviously going to see a bigger chunk of icetime this year compared to if he was still in Detroits system. His FOW was pretty decent for those 12 games too!

This is more then just Nyquist vs Bjugstad and this isn't a points only league. All things considered, I think both teams win here and get quality sent both ways so to dictate who was the clear cut winner is simply too hard to call at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."