Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 24, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 24, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by teedo66 View Post
    So much great stuff on here. Thanks a million!

Can only keep one of: Brassard, Roussel, and Garbutt... how do you see those 3 shaking out next season/down the road?

Categories are G(3), A(2), SHG (5), PPP (2), +/-(1.5), SOG (0.25), HIT (0.25), PIM (0.5)

Also... Is Eddie Lack worth owning with the situation in Vancouver? (W/SO/SV/GA) Regular starters are pretty hard to come by in my league, 16 GMs, 2 tender slots.
    In that situation you have to keep Lack.

I would be interested in seeing, under that points system, the final points of those three guys. At first blush, you have to keep Roussel with 0.5 PIM
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Hey Dobber, team in league in sig. I know you are a big advocate for keeping Mason, but I managed to snag Lehner at the very end of our season.....should I try and trade Mason (I've had interest) in the offseason, and roll with Lehner as a longer term investment? I can't keep both so one has to go somehow. Thanks!
    As your number 3, Lehner is a great option. So it would depend on who gives you the most in a trade. If Mason gets you X, but Lehner gets you X+1 in a trade - then trade Lehner. Mason will get 30+ wins for Philly next year so to be honest I'd rather own Mason.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    Thanks for doing this Dobber.

Noticed you added Oscar Alsenfelt to your fantasy squad and have been looking for info on him but little is out there. What was your reasoning to add him and is there any buzz that he is going to latch on with somebody on this side of the pond?
    Just that the prospects available were above average at best, and since it's a keep 12 there is no way I would keep a prospect or even trade a prospect like that to another team. However, if Alsenfelt signed with a team the way Fasth did, then perhaps I can trade him for a late draft pick (otherwise, he wouldn't be on my keep 12 list of course). So I was just swinging for the fences. Sometimes I get lucky with things like that and suddenly I have an extra 10th round pick at my disposal.

Haven't heard any buzz, I just think he's an ideal candidate due to stats, age, size and league.

I...am your father.

While neither one will get 40 points at any time, I think both of them could be steady Top 4 guys with potential for 30+. Moreso Klefbom, who could actually get somewhat close to 40.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Hey Dobber,

My current Centers are Stamkos, Couture and Stepan. I will probably have to drop 1 or 2 before our draft as we only keep 6. (We can play a second center in our weekly lineup as a skater)

I was wondering if I should try to acquire Duchene if the price is right (he could be available, already checked) or do you think I should keep my assets (draft picks) because Couture or Stepan will do the job next year.

Thanks
    You're thinking along the right lines here. If you can get Duchene for Couture and Stepan, that's an upgrade on one roster spot even if it's a small one. So it's worth doing.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by big_dl View Post
    Dobber I capped a 5.5 year rebuild with a regular season championship. I have a strong roster but I believe that cheap depth is a big reason I won. The league is 30 team salary capped dynasty league with 30 man pro rosters within which we start 12 forwards, 6d and 1 goalie. I'm looking for your opinion on some of the depth players I'm juggling. It's a points league where we count G, A, PIM, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG, Hits and Blocks. As an example Tavares put up 37.6 Fantasy Points per Game (FPG), Malkin put up 42.7, Backes put up 43.07 and Lucic put up 37.6. Which is to say that the addition of hits and blocks have really propped up power forwards, Lucic got 6 fpg from hits alone and Backes closer to 8 fpg.

To that end I'd like your opinion on these players going forward:
    Zack Smith 19.68 fpg
    Dwight King 21.14 fpg
    Matt Beleskey 25.6 fpg
    Patrick Maroon 27.95 fpg
    Mike Santorelli 24 fpg
    Matt Calvert 22.3 fpg

(those 6 will fill out my last 4 forward starting slots)

Matt Bartkowski 20.94 fpg
    Mark Borowiecki 27.38 fpg (I think he could be the next Gudas)

And 2 with really small sample sizes:
    Christian Folin
    Kevin Czcuzman

1 one of those 4 d will fill out my last starting D slot

Sorry for the really long list.

I think Smith and King will be steady with that number.

Beleskey gets hurt too much and I doubt will improve on that number and likely decline

Santorelli, don't trust him, don't want him.

Calvert - see Beleskey

That makes Maroon the most appealing here, still room to grow for sure

And congrats on the win - to win against 29 teams is amazing. Extremely difficult

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you for doing this.

Two questions.
    Dynasty CAP hit league in sig.

I have Demers and Donovan that I'm mulling over. I have Demers in my last roster spot right now.
    Demers is due for a good raise. Prob 4M+.
    SJ may not resign Boyle. Niskanen, Markov, Zidlicky are the other 3 big offensive UFA Dmen.

1. Can Demers repeat or build on what he did this year or was it a blip on a contract year?

2. Due to contracts, would you keep Donovan over Demers?

Thank you
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question is about the following prospects...which ones do you like the best, regardless of time frame for fantasy hockey impact. It's for a 12 team Head-toHead w/ G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG....choose best four if you would. And thank you in advance.

JG Pageau
    Akeson
    Miele
    Noesen
    Leivo
    Spencer Abbott
    Connor Brown

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Currently have Shattenkirk and Hedman as my 2 keeper D-Men.
    A Doughty owner is getting a bit tired of waiting for Doughty to reach his scoring prowess displayed a couple years back.
    League focuses on G-A-PTS...no credit for PIMS, Hits, etc.
    Do I stand pat with the 2 D-Men I currently have or trade for Doughty in hope he'll fulfill in PTS?
    I like Shatty and Hedman better than Doughty in a points-only league

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    your datsyuk 82 game point projection next season? you expecting a bounce back or think he's lost a step?

thanks in advance.
    He hasn't lost a step in my opinion, but I think 82 games is out of the question. I think you hope for 70 points in 75 games, but likely settle for mid-60s and 70 games.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

Points-only, what sort of numbers do you see for Justin Schultz and Ondrej Palat next year and beyond?

Thinking the sky is the limit for Schultz, but heavily dependant on how the Oilers progress.

I was also really impressed with Palat, but kinda concerned about him getting lost (so to speak) in the forward depth in TBay. I mean, he's top-six, but does he skate avec Stamkos, PP time, etc, particularly with Drouin on the way..

My final roster spot may come down to one of the two....

I've talked about Schultz a few times here already, and his wildcard status - could be Cam Barker, could be the next superstar. Really depends on the Oilers as a team and how long they keep floundering. I would keep Palat unless you need more defensemen on your keeper list. Palat seems to be the real deal. And you have to keep the guy with more trade value.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by valec View Post
    Thank you for doing this.

Two questions.
    Dynasty CAP hit league in sig.

I have Demers and Donovan that I'm mulling over. I have Demers in my last roster spot right now.
    Demers is due for a good raise. Prob 4M+.
    SJ may not resign Boyle. Niskanen, Markov, Zidlicky are the other 3 big offensive UFA Dmen.

1. Can Demers repeat or build on what he did this year or was it a blip on a contract year?

2. Due to contracts, would you keep Donovan over Demers?

Thank you

As I said to the last question, you keep the guy with more trade value. Then, if you're not comfortable keeping him, you trade him for something that makes you comfortable. In this case, Demers would get you more return so that's who you keep. I like Donovan's upside more, but Demers is more proven. Demers also gets hurt a lot.

As for contracts - if Donavan saves you decent money, and it looks like he will, then you should go that route. Neither one has huge trade value, so going with the lesser-valued guy because of cap reasons won't hurt you

Dobber Sports Padawan

pts-only projections for these guys next year:
    Nicklas Backstrom
    Patrick Marleau
    Blake Wheeler
    Vladimir Tarasenko
    Ryan Kesler
    Brandon Saad
    Brayden Schenn
    Carl Soderberg
    Jussi Jokinen
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Namestnikov View Post
    Question is about the following prospects...which ones do you like the best, regardless of time frame for fantasy hockey impact. It's for a 12 team Head-toHead w/ G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG....choose best four if you would. And thank you in advance.

JG Pageau
    Akeson
    Miele
    Noesen
    Leivo
    Spencer Abbott
    Connor Brown
    Pageau

big gap

Akeson
    Miele
    Leivo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Awesome thread. Thx man

i got a couple of questions

13th overall pick in our upcoming prospect draft, who do i draft? - goldobin, ho-sang, barbashev, kapanen, a. duclair, petan, poirier, markus granlund.

i am only looking at long term value

Will Bogosian ever score 40+ points? Points prediction for Drouin next season? same for Etem please.

THX again for doing this. It is highly appreciated
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang