Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 24, 2014

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - April 24, 2014

I should have said that my team has made money for the past years so I have high draft picks... Acquiring guys like Mackinnon won't happen. I'm looking for those late round steals or trading to acquire an RNH or something. But thanks bro!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hey Dobber. Thanks for your time... We're doing a dispersion draft in our league.... I just took a swing at Buchnevich. Curious to hear your thoughts on 1) if he crosses the pond, and 2) what type of production to expect.

Thanks in andvance.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for doing this.

Can Sekera repeat this season's production?

Also will Jussi Jokinen ( I'm assuming Pittsburgh will re-sign him )?

Sounds like a shakeup is coming in Toronto. Do you think they chance ruining the Kessell/Bozak chemistry and bring in someone to replace Bozak as first line centre? If they do what does that do to Bozak's production?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    NO, because Subban is the MacKinnon of D. Your initial trade was a little steep a price to pay for Stamkos, too.
    Thanks for that. I can see where you are coming from with Stamkos. I'm hoping he finds some chemistry that can keep his numbers up.
    12 Team H2H
    3C LW RW, 4F, 4D, 2G 8 bench.
    (G) 5 (A) 5 (Blk) 0.2 (Hit) 0.2 (PIM) 0.3 (+/-) 1 (SOG) 0.2
    (GA) -1 (SV) 0.2 (SHO) 7 (W) 7

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey Dobber!

In preparation for next year's draft (a few months down the line), I was wondering if you did a players ranking that included both skaters and goalies.

I am particularly interested in at which point do you think the transition between your Tier 1 and Tier 2 goalies would be, in relation to skaters.

ie: I should be targeting Bishop/Crawford/Bob right around the time ____________ is being drafted.

Thanks
    10 Team Keeper League (Yahoo)
    Keep any 4 PLUS any players < 4 years experience (draft cost based on next year's Yahoo O-rank)
    Scoring: G(3), A(2), +/-(1), PPG(1), PPP(1), GWG(2). PIMs, HITs, BLKs, SOGs (0.25 each)
    Goalies: Wins (4), GA (-2), Save (0.25), SHO (5)

2C: Tavares, Giroux (RW)
    2LW: D. Sedin, Ovechkin (RW)
    2RW: Tarasenko, Okposo
    2Util: O'Reilly (C/LW/RW) (C), Lucic (LW)
    4D: Weber, Carlson, Faulk, Suter
    2G: Lundqvist, Dubnyk
    Bench: Lehtonen (G), Gostisbehere (D), Hellebuyck, (G)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Dobber - I have Toffoli but because of roster limits I'd like to trade him for someone not in the NHL yet - who of these do you think is comparable/possible to get in a trade? Domi, Forsberg, Teravainen, Gaudreau, Grigorenko
    9 Team Keeper, Start 6F, 3C, 4D, 1G
    F- Panarin, Tavares, Aho, Lindholm, Hertl, Larkin, Miller, Lafreniere, Tatar, Meier
    D- Hedman, Hamilton, Fox, Pulock
    G- Rask

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks Dobber!

What do you see in goals and points next year and in 3 for:

Nyquist
    Scheifele
    Schultz

thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Dobber, thanks for doing another mailbag..
    might be a tough question to answer off the top of your head, but i'll take a shot anyways.
    Im in a deep keeper league that counts player salaries and i was able to find a bunch of cheap Defenders that helped out in the hits and blocks categories without hurting too much in the other scoring cats like Emelin, Faulk, Barrie, de Haan, Donovan.. but since they are all due for a raise next season, i was if you knew of the next wave of players similar to these young guys who will similarly produce at a cheap cap
    12 Team H2H Keep 6
    Scoring Cats - Players: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHG, GWG
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1G (locked in for the week)

C: Malkin, Kuznetsov, Larkin, Couture
    LW: Hall, DeBrincat, Fiala
    RW: Kucherov, J.T. Miller
    D: Theodore, Gustafsson, Pulock
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I protect TT, Strome, Kuznetsov and Kucherov

OEL, Schultz and Voynov

Does it match Darren's?
    Darren suggested keeping Gagner instead of Kucherov because of the logjam at forward on Tampa Bay. Otherwise the same forwards. He suggested keeping OEL, Schultz and Faulk.

Since I have you once again I'll ask two more questions! I didn't include L. Eriksson among the forwards (he's the elder statesman of my team) - so, which five of eight; Eriksson, TT, Strome, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Gagner, Silfverberg and Colin Wilson?

Also, I've got the third pick in the upcoming draft. My top five (points only, bonus points for PP goals, SH goals) is, in order: Reinhart, Bennett, Draisatl, Dal Colle, and Nylander. Do you agree with my assessment of their long-term potential?

Thanks again.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I picked CHI and BOS to go deep in my playoff cash pools (BOS winning it all). How do you like my chances?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, Hits, BS, PPP, SOG, Wins, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

I just won the cup this year, thanks to my opponent having tons of IR/slow players, but it wasn't expected: I've been downhill since 3 years, my core is starting to score less and less and my goalie won it.

Now, we're having an expansion, going from 10 to 12 teams. For that we must protect players and we will each lose between 2 and 6 players (no less/no more). I have 2 picks in the first round this year (5th and 10th) and I've been looking to do a quick 1-2 years rebuild to refresh my core for a couple of years, so that might be the time to do it now because of the expansion.

1- I can protect 1-2-3 goalies, but the more I keep, the less D and F I can keep. (1G-7D-18F or 2G-6D-16F or 3G-5D-14F) - Do I protect Rask/Lundqvist only or also Khudobin? Expected avail. goalies: Luongo, Backstrom, Mason, etc.

2- I can either protect my older vets, or protect younger players and only 1-2 vets, or a mix of both? Since at worst I lose 6 vets, I was thinking of not protecting them and going with the undrafted one + youngs, is that a good idea?

3- Trading before the expansion is hard because of protection limits, but another option is to try to trade Rask or Lundqvist for a top player/bluechip, and roll with the other + Khudobin/Drafted goalie (Harding is undrafted + Gibson, F. Andersen, etc), would that be advisable?

Must Protect (I think?):
    - Getzlaf, Perry, Phaneuf, EOL, Pietrangelo, Parise, Kessel, Stastny

Veterans:
    - Giordano, Markov, Timonen, Ott, B. Boyle, Kesler, H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Dustin Brown, E. Johnson, Berglund, Tlusty

Youngs:
    - Voynov, Craig Smith, Killorn, Reilly Smith, Jenner, Boedker, Soderberg, Bjugstad, Brendan Smith, Girgensons, Morin, J. Larsson, Spooner, Jaskin, Rackell, Beck

I didn't include marginal players I don't intend to keep. Thanks Dobber.

Dobber Sports Recruit

So much great stuff on here. Thanks a million!

Can only keep one of: Brassard, Roussel, and Garbutt... how do you see those 3 shaking out next season/down the road?

Categories are G(3), A(2), SHG (5), PPP (2), +/-(1.5), SOG (0.25), HIT (0.25), PIM (0.5)

Also... Is Eddie Lack worth owning with the situation in Vancouver? (W/SO/SV/GA) Regular starters are pretty hard to come by in my league, 16 GMs, 2 tender slots.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey Dobber, team in league in sig. I know you are a big advocate for keeping Mason, but I managed to snag Lehner at the very end of our season.....should I try and trade Mason (I've had interest) in the offseason, and roll with Lehner as a longer term investment? I can't keep both so one has to go somehow. Thanks!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for doing this Dobber.

Noticed you added Oscar Alsenfelt to your fantasy squad and have been looking for info on him but little is out there. What was your reasoning to add him and is there any buzz that he is going to latch on with somebody on this side of the pond?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Hey Dobber,

1000 players deep, 30 team 25 keeper multi x multi cap league, start 6D:

Wondering about 2 young D in Klefbom and Sustr. My hopes are that they can fill the spots alongside Schultz and Hedman long term. Fantasy points are great, but I have others doing that, just looking for the caddy to go with the #1 offensive Dman on their respective teams and will be happy with they produce from playing the first pairing role. Sustr played a lot with Hedman against Montreal and I thought looked really good while Klefbom was paired with Schultz a lot down the stretch. What say you about these 2 guys long term?