Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Do you wear sunglasses all the time - or just during website photo shoots?

Thanks,
    Stringer
    Look no further than my profile over at the Hockey News website, for your answer:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/author/darryl-dobbs/
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Oakville Squires- What type of points production do you expect out of the follow players next year:
    - Desharnais - 70 if Pacioretty plays 80 games, 30 if Pacioretty plays 30 games
    - B. Richards (both assuming he stays with Rangers and is bought out) - 40. Tops.
    - Kesler (both assuming he stays with Canucks or is traded) - Same thing with the Canucks, 70 if traded
    - L. Ericksson - 60, if healthy
    - Hossa - 60, with more injuries
    - Zuccarello - 65, if healthy

Also who from this list would you try to move in the offseason from a keeper league prospective (assuming I can keep 4)? Thanks Dobber
    I would be most interested in keeping Zuke, then Kesler. The latter because his value is too low to make it worth your while. I'd trade Richards for a bag of pucks and a stick of gum. And if the other owner played hardball, I'd be fine if the gum was pre-chewed.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy View Post
    Hi Dobber,

I have three goalies. Price, Lack, and Holtby.

I can only keep 2 or 1 if I want.

So what should I do with Lack and Holtby?

Can Holtby bounce back?
    Holtby can for sure, under a new coach. And the Caps have to let Halak walk, of course. Whereas Lack has the way paved in gold ahead of him. At this point, I'm back and forth on which one I prefer. If you can delay your decision until after July 1, that would be best

Dobber Sports Padawan

Had a thread on this question, but curious to see what you think about this! My for sure keepers are Crosby, Malkin, Yandle. For my finals two spots, out of the following three who would you choose? Miller, Fleury, and Pietrangelo. I don't really want to keep Kunitz, I don't like the idea of a decline happening sometime soon. From others opinions I've gathered I should be keeping Pietro and Fleury. But when Fleury is averaging 1.5 and Pietro 1.1, I think Miller is the better choice as he will probably have the same numbers as Fleury. Thanks!! I think I asked about Miller vs Fleury in the last Q&A but I don't think you got to it!

Also league scoring cats are listed below! We are probably adding shots, power play assists, replacing PIMS with hits, and maybeeee +/-.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

I...am your father.

I agree with Fleury and AP. The only way Miller should be there is if he re-signs with STL in which case he becomes a Top 5 goalie

Dobber Sports Ace

In the league in my sig, how far apart would you rank Hickey, Martinez and Kevan Miller (taking into consideration cap and that we are adding blocked shots next year)?
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

Dobber Sports Veteran

In the last q and a I asked McD or Schultz... (Yea, I'm still beating the same horse)..and you said Schultz. In this one you said McD points going forward would be 40-50 easily.. I agree, cause McD is just solid and gets the time... My question is, why do you pick Schultz? (McD is just so solid, but can that Schultz talent translate to the NHL?)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    In the league in my sig, how far apart would you rank Hickey, Martinez and Kevan Miller (taking into consideration cap and that we are adding blocked shots next year)?
    In an ideal cap system, it brings the value of all players closer together. So you need to evaluate Hickey's probable steady 20 points and 150 BS, with Miller's possible 10 points and 150 hits and decent BLKS with Martinez the wildcard who could get 30 points, but his hits and BLKS are pedestrian. You want me to assign them a value out of 100, then I would give each of them between 20 and 23. Yours is the only type of league that would truly value these kinds of guys! And the difference is negligible so I would go strictly on cap value

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    In the last q and a I asked McD or Schultz... (Yea, I'm still beating the same horse)..and you said Schultz. In this one you said McD points going forward would be 40-50 easily.. I agree, cause McD is just solid and gets the time... My question is, why do you pick Schultz? (McD is just so solid, but can that Schultz talent translate to the NHL?)
    I'm still a sucker for the Oilers and their upside. And Schultz was a PRIME candidate for a sophomore slump, that's all this is

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'm still a sucker for the Oilers and their upside. And Schultz was a PRIME candidate for a sophomore slump, that's all this is
    So you still want Schultz? . My heart says Schultz, brain says McD

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

Two things:

How do you see the following three players producing next year (and only next year)?

Nyquist
    Nichushkin
    Johansen

The following goalies figure to be available in the first round of my league's draft. Please rank them based on the scoring cats in my sig:

Hiller
    Khudobin
    Rinne
    Lack
    Howard
    Ward
    Harding
    Schneider
    Mason
    Halak
    Scrivens
    Fasth
    Anderson

Sorry for the giant list. Rinne obviously kind of jumps out there, but the Rinne owner also has Quick and Varlamov -- I can't see him keeping all three, and I'm thinking about working on a trade for one of them.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Deity

Here's one for ya.

Who do you think finishes 1,2,3 in playoff scoring this year?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ty Dobber,

In a realy deep dinasty (24 team with 4 D as starter and 2 on the bench) would you be ok going forward with a D squad compose of Rielly, Schultz, Edler, Brodin, Voynov, Myers?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks! In the case that Miller signs with St. Louis is what I should've wrote. If that happens do you dump AP and keep the two goalies?
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    So you still want Schultz? . My heart says Schultz, brain says McD
    McD is safer, Schultz is better upside. I like the upside. A lot