Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Q&A - April 11, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Points-Only Keeper:
    TJ Oshie, Jaden Schwartz, or Jason Pominville.
    Points only I would prefer Schwartz, but I'm not a Pommer fan so my anti-Pommer bias is showing. And I think Oshie's upside may be limited to what we've already seen
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    ok, I just posted a thread about Ryan Murray before seeing this...

How many points do you think he gets next year? And generally, what are your thoughts on him long-term.

I've heard lots of hype about him and he was a high draft pick, but offensively he has never had incredible numbers in any league. His career high is only 46 pts in 70 games for Everett. Hardly impressive, to be honest.
    I think you're going to see four or five years of steady-eddie stuff in that 35-40 range. And then you may see his offensive game start to take hold. I think he can be a 50+ guy in the long run

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

What are the Sedins going forward? They can't possibly be as bad as they were this year....
    And what about Kesler? New team better or worse than his heyday in VanCity?
    Oh, and while you're at it...realistic point totals for Anisimov and Johansson (Washington) next year?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi Dobber,

Kind of a 3 part deal here:

1. Do you see Trochek sticking with Florida next year and what do you see as upside for him.
    2. Assuming that Whitney and Cole are on the outs in Dallas, do you see Roussel taking over the 2nd line LW spot?
    3. Do you see Ryan Sproul making the jump to the Red Wings next season? He seems to have the offense on the back end that Det lacks (besides Kronwall) and it appears that he's got his d-game in shape.

Thanks for this and all of the other information you've passed our way in the past.
    14 team H2H Dynasty: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, HITS, BLK,
    W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, Sv%, SO

Center: Kuznetzov, Johansen, Glass(RW), Hayton
    LW: T. Johnson(C/RW), Gurianov(RW), Labanc(RW), Zucker(RW),
    RW: Kucherov, Vorocek, Atkinson, Konecny,
    Defence: Josi, Trouba , Klingberg, Morrissey, Zadorov, Gudas,
    G: Fleury, Rittich
    Bench: Steel(C), Watson(LW/RW), Comtois(LW), Blais (LW/RW), Zaitsev(D), Saros(G)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigJankowski View Post
    Just doing some planning for next season. I have most of my 19 keepers locked in.
    I am fore-surly keeping: Backstrom, Pacioretty, Vanek, Neal, Wheeler, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kane, Shattenkirk, Pietrangelo, Weber, Varlamov, Lundqvist, and Crawford.

I need to choose five more from these players.

Granlund, Johnson, Kuznetsov, Galchenyuk, Kreider, Palat, Kesler, Hudler, and Voynov.

Thank you.
    First thing I did was check how many G you keep. Three, great
    Then I checked your D. Another three. So I'd be looking for one more.

So Voynov for sure.

I would keep Granlund, Kuznetsov, Palat and Johnson. Not Kreider because it's points only. Not Kesler because he's injury prone and in a messy situation.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Team in sig, we keep 14 players including 2 goalies max.

The locks are:

C: Getzlaf/Kopitar
    W: Zetterberg/Gaborik/Pominville
    D: Karlsson/Weber
    G: Lundqvist

Who would you pick as 2nd goalie?

Who would you pick as the other 5 skaters? keep in mind we start 5D each week and either 3C/6W or 4C/5W.

It's a win now team but pretty good young core too, except perhaps at W.

Thanks!
    Hiller over Lehner, but delay the decision as long as possible and see if more light is shed on either situation

Keep: Trouba, Granlund, Pominville, Little

I don't believe Gaborik or any of your others are keepers. So at this point I would trade Gaborik for an unproven but top prospect and a draft pick. And maybe you can get a 60-point guy for Moulson, to fill out your keepers that way. Or target a good young defenseman coming off a bad year, like Voynov or Gardiner

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaelen View Post
    What are your thoughts on the following players continuing their breakout years with similar numbers?
    Okposo - will he be 70 + next year with JT back?
    Little - 60 + again?
    Mcdonagh - 40-50 again?
    Simmonds - 50-60 0r 60-70 next year?

I was fortunate enough to draft all these guys this year in later rounds and won my pool thanks to them. I cant hang on to all of them so looking for thoughts.
    Thanks.
    All of these are yes, absolutely, unless they get hurt. But no way Simmonds gets over 65. I think 50-60 is fair

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    What are your thoughts on Jacob Markstrom for next year ? Viktor Fasth? Best chance of being starter? # of starts? W's - upside.
    Markstrom has the most upside, Fasth has the best chance of being the starter right from the get-go. But is Fasth fragile? That's the issue there. For next year I would prefer Fasth

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    What are the Sedins going forward? They can't possibly be as bad as they were this year....
    And what about Kesler? New team better or worse than his heyday in VanCity?
    Oh, and while you're at it...realistic point totals for Anisimov and Johansson (Washington) next year?
    Anisimov -50ish again. Seems to be his zone and I'm starting to doubt there's another gear. I hope I'm wrong, since I own him
    Johansson - he tops out at 65 even with Ovechkin, but next year I think he'll clear 50

Sedins - I wish I knew. I bought low on them at the deadline. I think they're getting a new coach, so an improvement for sure. But can they stay healthy? I think that was a major reason and if they do then back to 80 points.
    Kesler needs a new team. I think most of his injury woes are behind him, so a new scenery can get him back up over 70

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Hi Dobber,

Kind of a 3 part deal here:

1. Do you see Trochek sticking with Florida next year and what do you see as upside for him.
    2. Assuming that Whitney and Cole are on the outs in Dallas, do you see Roussel taking over the 2nd line LW spot?
    3. Do you see Ryan Sproul making the jump to the Red Wings next season? He seems to have the offense on the back end that Det lacks (besides Kronwall) and it appears that he's got his d-game in shape.

Thanks for this and all of the other information you've passed our way in the past.
    1. Yes, but won't get 45 points next year. Long-term he can get 70 I think, if the team improves the way we all believe it will
    2. No way. He's just a healthy Carcillo
    3. Not yet. Maybe midseason, but I doubt it. They'll give him more time. Ouellet is the next one

Dobber Sports Veteran

Late-round goalie picks for next year... who do you take a chance on? Holtby if Oates gets canned? I have a nice 1-2 locked up in Price-Quick, but don't want to burn an early draft pick on a 3rd goalie. Maybe grab Jones in the last round and go with the cuff?

Thoughts on Getzlaf for next year? I can't help but think this is perhaps the best sell-high opportunity I will ever have with him. Tons of points, exceptional shot totals. Might be able to grab Mackinnon for him (emphasis on might).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi Dobber,

Do you wear sunglasses all the time - or just during website photo shoots?

Thanks,
    Stringer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What type of points production do you expect out of the follow players next year:
    - Desharnais
    - B. Richards (both assuming he stays with Rangers and is bought out)
    - Kesler (both assuming he stays with Canucks or is traded)
    - L. Ericksson
    - Hossa
    - Zuccarello

Also who from this list would you try to move in the offseason from a keeper league prospective (assuming I can keep 4)? Thanks Dobber
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hi Dobber,

I have three goalies. Price, Lack, and Holtby.

I can only keep 2 or 1 if I want.

So what should I do with Lack and Holtby?

Can Holtby bounce back?
    Hockey
    12 team H2H Keeper League (Yahoo)
    30 Player Rosters - Keep 15

Categories(12)(8 player, 4 Goalie): G, A, GWG, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, Save%, SO

C: Kopitar, Spezza, Getzlaf, Matthews, Malkin
    L: B. Schenn, Guentzel
    R: Perry, Zuccarello, Coyle, Kessel
    D: Klingberg, Shattenkirk, Klefbom
    G: Holtby

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Late-round goalie picks for next year... who do you take a chance on? Holtby if Oates gets canned? I have a nice 1-2 locked up in Price-Quick, but don't want to burn an early draft pick on a 3rd goalie. Maybe grab Jones in the last round and go with the cuff?

Thoughts on Getzlaf for next year? I can't help but think this is perhaps the best sell-high opportunity I will ever have with him. Tons of points, exceptional shot totals. Might be able to grab Mackinnon for him (emphasis on might).
    I love Holtby as a NO.3 goalie in fantasy for next year. Great chance of panning out. Jones will be useless unless Quick gets hurt, as I think Quick starts 65

If you can get MacKinnon for Getzlaf, I think I would try that. Getzlaf may not get worse next year, but he definitely won't get better. He is at the peak of the mountain!