Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

As for the untouchables, I think just about everyone seems to be giving a slide to Arya, who I think in the end will be a much larger contributor to the end result (whatever it is) than Bran. I also think given that The Hound won't be collecting his reward, Arya will choose to stick with him as opposed to holing up inside the Veil. She wouldn't do well stewing in a cage like that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

What exactly did I (or Rylant) say? That Oberyn's death wasn't meaningless? Sorry I guess, but anyone who hasn't read the books would be speculating on that anyway. Seriously, go talk to your friends that haven't read the book and ask them about Oberyn, I guarantee they'll be wondering what happens next. So ya I really don't see where I spoiled anything for anybody, but if I did sorry everybody.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Actually guys, come the f*** on. Anyone on here relating anything to the books, read the title. If you think you're clever by saying stuff, but not actually saying anything, you just managed to give away about 6 god damn future events without specifically mentioning them and I haven't read a page of the books. If you want to talk GoT, then talk based on where the episodes are at. The whole point of the NO SPOILERS in the title is people in this thread DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS. Not a hard concept at all.

There always has to be that one guy who ruins it for everyone. Fast Tony, you seem to be that guy in this thread, but Rylant is making his best attempt at it too. I for one am specifically not reading the books because I don't mind reading a book knowing what is going to happen, but I hate having movies/tv shows spoiled. There are so many more literary devices authors can use to keep books interesting when you already know the ending then shows have available to them.

Everyone's opinion is welcome, but if you're planning on making any reference to future events based on what you've read ahead on in the books. Get out. Get out of this thread. Start your own thread that is for people who have read the books. But get out.
    OK, first of all, if I did spoil anything for anybody, it was not my intent and I apologize. For the life of me, I can't think of what I have said that might have "spoiled" anything for anything. Secondly, will you relax already? My god, I always knew you were a bit of a drama queen, but get a hold of yourself...

Rylant

Administrator

As for the untouchables, I think just about everyone seems to be giving a slide to Arya, who I think in the end will be a much larger contributor to the end result (whatever it is) than Bran. I also think given that The Hound won't be collecting his reward, Arya will choose to stick with him as opposed to holing up inside the Veil. She wouldn't do well stewing in a cage like that.
    I'm all for Arya continuing on with the Hound. Best buddy comedy since 48 Hours! I would like to see them enter the Veil just so that Arya and Sansa can snip at each other a bit. It's been years since we had any of that.

I am not all that confident in Arya sticking around. I mean, surely she has to grow up a bit more and learn some assassin skills but I feel like she's eventually going down for the same reason that Oberyn just went down. Her list and her lust for vengeance will be her downfall. Unless she has in fact drawn some wisdom from the Hound. "I just understand the way things are. How many Starks they've got to behead before you figure it out?"
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

god dammit that ending was disgusting.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    god dammit that ending was disgusting.
    I watched that episode before my wife did and warned her of its intense conclusion. She may have seen enough to stop watching it. LOL. Almost finished reading A Dance With Dragons.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

That ending was brutal! I absolutely loved it. I've read the books and still continue to be engaged and taken back by some of the stuff they've "made up" to add to the shock factor for television.

And just for the record - nobody is untouchable... that's the unique thing about this storyline. Just when you get comfortable with someone thinking they have that aura of invincibility often associated with main characters of stories, they get killed. Happened with Ned, Robb and it will happen again. That's exactly what George RR Martin was going for when he wrote the saga (as he stated in interviews) and I think the unpredictability is what keeps people coming back for more - even when they're absolutely livid that their favourite character whom they've grown attached with gets killed out of the blue haha.

Love this show... one of the VERY few book-based tv/movie adaptations that I've been super impressed with.

It will be interesting to see how they adapt what happens in the future as the world expands and CGI heavy features like dragons and epic battles become more of a factor. Hope the budget won't constrain their ability to illustrate the story and the rich world the way it was meant to be shown.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    What exactly did I (or Rylant) say? That Oberyn's death wasn't meaningless? Sorry I guess, but anyone who hasn't read the books would be speculating on that anyway. Seriously, go talk to your friends that haven't read the book and ask them about Oberyn, I guarantee they'll be wondering what happens next. So ya I really don't see where I spoiled anything for anybody, but if I did sorry everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    OK, first of all, if I did spoil anything for anybody, it was not my intent and I apologize. For the life of me, I can't think of what I have said that might have "spoiled" anything for anything. Secondly, will you relax already? My god, I always knew you were a bit of a drama queen, but get a hold of yourself...

Rylant
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That ending was brutal! I absolutely loved it. I've read the books and still continue to be engaged and taken back by some of the stuff they've "made up" to add to the shock factor for television.

And just for the record - nobody is untouchable... that's the unique thing about this storyline. Just when you get comfortable with someone thinking they have that aura of invincibility often associated with main characters of stories, they get killed. Happened with Ned, Robb and it will happen again. That's exactly what George RR Martin was going for when he wrote the saga (as he stated in interviews) and I think the unpredictability is what keeps people coming back for more - even when they're absolutely livid that their favourite character whom they've grown attached with gets killed out of the blue haha.

Love this show... one of the VERY few book-based tv/movie adaptations that I've been super impressed with.

It will be interesting to see how they adapt what happens in the future as the world expands and CGI heavy features like dragons and epic battles become more of a factor. Hope the budget won't constrain their ability to illustrate the story and the rich world the way it was meant to be shown.
    I think what keeps people coming back for more is the ability to build such interesting characters. I mean, to be able to weave in a guy like Oberyn, make you pull for him and then just as quickly dispatch him. That's fantastic. But he can do it because he's going to keep weaving in great characters and has a grand stable full of established ones as well. Just great world building and character development.

As an aside, and this is what rataylor was alluding to before. Please don't even dance around things that might come in the future. As a non-book-reader I can speculate because I have no idea. As a book reader you cannot because you've read ahead. Even without saying anything specific you are still saying something. For instance "it will happen again" well now I know someone else important is dying soon. Maybe that's a true statement or perhaps it was just an off-hand remark and you don't actually know (PLEASE DON"T TELL ME EITHER WAY) but either way it's a spoiler to me because I don't have any such knowledge. It's like when I watched the Purple Wedding. I watched with a couple of book readers and they kept making excited eyes at each other and saying, "this is the episode". They didn't directly give away anything but the whole tone of the episode was thrown off for me all the same. Now apparently the episode had a squeemish tone to it but did I get a choice in how I experienced it? No, because even without saying anything specific I had the mood altered and I would say spoiled.

So please, respect the warning in the title. No spoilers. Nothing.

Dobber Sports Wizard

None.......agreed.

I keep seeing the final scene from the last episode in my mind.........I can't sleep.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    None.......agreed.

I keep seeing the final scene from the last episode in my mind.........I can't sleep.
    It's only jam... It's only jam...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    It's only jam... It's only jam...
    I always tell myself that when I see horrorfan's avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I think what keeps people coming back for more is the ability to build such interesting characters. I mean, to be able to weave in a guy like Oberyn, make you pull for him and then just as quickly dispatch him. That's fantastic. But he can do it because he's going to keep weaving in great characters and has a grand stable full of established ones as well. Just great world building and character development.

As an aside, and this is what rataylor was alluding to before. Please don't even dance around things that might come in the future. As a non-book-reader I can speculate because I have no idea. As a book reader you cannot because you've read ahead. Even without saying anything specific you are still saying something. For instance "it will happen again" well now I know someone else important is dying soon. Maybe that's a true statement or perhaps it was just an off-hand remark and you don't actually know (PLEASE DON"T TELL ME EITHER WAY) but either way it's a spoiler to me because I don't have any such knowledge. It's like when I watched the Purple Wedding. I watched with a couple of book readers and they kept making excited eyes at each other and saying, "this is the episode". They didn't directly give away anything but the whole tone of the episode was thrown off for me all the same. Now apparently the episode had a squeemish tone to it but did I get a choice in how I experienced it? No, because even without saying anything specific I had the mood altered and I would say spoiled.

So please, respect the warning in the title. No spoilers. Nothing.
    Exactly. Always more eloquent then me Steve. Regardless, the drama queens had the gall and audacity to neg repping me on calling them out for their spoilers. As soon as you know something is coming, instead of just watching the show and enjoying it you're just waiting for the "big thing happening soon". Completely thrown off. Absolutely uncalled for the whole thread and title was based off no reference of any kind to the book.

Seriously guys, resorting to the rep system for that? That is childish as hell. And yea I neg repped back, but probably wouldn't have if you had the stones to post your name with it (Ahem...not at all surprised that you didn't).

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    Rylant I have gone in to the future.

LAK win game 1 4-2
    LAK win game 2 2-1
    NYR win game 3 3-2
    LAK win game 4 5-1
    LAK win game 5 4-3

Drew Doughty wins the Conn Smythe.

Now if that was actually true, are you nearly as interested in watching the series? Nope not at all. Same concept and not a hard one to grasp. My response wasn't over the top or unjustified. It simply said if you plan to come here and allude to future events in the books that non-book readers otherwise would not know about, don't bother. We don't want you to, and thats what you were doing. You're the one getting all snivelly and whining and crying about the fact that since you can't read a title and understand what a title means someone had to come out and spell it out to you.

Dobber Sports Ace

Rylant I have gone in to the future.

LAK win game 1 4-2
    LAK win game 2 2-1
    NYR win game 3 3-2
    LAK win game 4 5-1
    LAK win game 5 4-3

Drew Doughty wins the Conn Smythe.

Now if that was actually true, are you nearly as interested in watching the series? Nope not at all. Same concept and not a hard one to grasp. My response wasn't over the top or unjustified. It simply said if you plan to come here and allude to future events in the books that non-book readers otherwise would not know about, don't bother. We don't want you to, and thats what you were doing. You're the one getting all snivelly and whining and crying about the fact that since you can't read a title and understand what a title means someone had to come out and spell it out to you.
    I've got a bet on Kopitar to win Conn Smythe, I hope you're wrong....
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Haha what are the odds on each guy? Hedge your bet by going in on Doughty too and then either way you come out ahead?