Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I don't see why 82 minutes wouldn't be a long enough battle scene to wrap up the white walker threat. Think of some of the most epic movies of all time and how long their battle scenes were.
    Yepppp that's another thing. This battle is supposedly the WHOLE episode. And it's longest episode of the series.

Dobber Sports Expert

Jaime has come to far to turn back I think. I'd guess that Brienne dies in Jamie's arms, he loses Widow's Wail in battle, and somewhere along the line uses Oathkeeper to live up to "Kingslayer"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    This is exactly my point. Force Cersei's army to engage and defend kings landing behind the walls while the dead attack. The northern army comes in behind to finish the dead. Lay seige to kings landing and burn them all!
    I think the theory that the WW army being split into two at this point is a good one. The Night King, with his dragon and a massive army are headed to King's Landing, with a smaller army in the north. I suspect poor Tyrion is going to be killed by an undead Cersei in the end, but who knows. For me it's all about just enjoying the ride for the last four episodes.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think the theory that the WW army being split into two at this point is a good one. The Night King, with his dragon and a massive army are headed to King's Landing, with a smaller army in the north. I suspect poor Tyrion is going to be killed by an undead Cersei in the end, but who knows. For me it's all about just enjoying the ride for the last four episodes.
    Hm. I wouldn't mind that haha.

Maybe that's why NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE ICE DRAGON!! Like really Tormund. They had their Council of Elrond and he didn't want to mention that in they should maybe adjust their defense that the dragon that blew through the wall?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

They know about the Dragon...Bran told them....I believe...

Dobber Sports Expert

Bran definitely mentioned Wight-Viserion

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hm. I wouldn't mind that haha.

Maybe that's why NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THE ICE DRAGON!! Like really Tormund. They had their Council of Elrond and he didn't want to mention that in they should maybe adjust their defense that the dragon that blew through the wall?
    I think Arya is going to kill the Ice Dragon. She is going to use Gendry's weapon; you know, his OTHER weapon... :-)

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bran definitely mentioned Wight-Viserion
    You'd think they would ask for some elaboration...
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Genius

Jamie is my favorite character but his story has come full circle, I think he dies. I did think Tyrion would as well but I change my vote he lives on and kills Cersei in the end.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Jamie is my favorite character but his story has come full circle, I think he dies. I did think Tyrion would as well but I change my vote he lives on and kills Cersei in the end.
    Jamie needs to have a showdown with Cersei before the show can end. Also needs to interact with Bronn, given Bronn's mission to kill him, and Bronn's not getting inside Winterfell before the battle.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I thought the same type of thing for a minute. But it doesn't make sense for Jaime to turn on Brienne. Why come north to do that? He knew that he was putting himself in danger by doing that. I think he seems sincere; he has changed and this is what he legitimately thought was the right thing to do.

Rylant
    I wish I could remember his ''to do'' list from Cersei before he left kings landing to head north . too lazy to check into that . I agree that he looks sincere with his intentions for now .

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    After 7 seasons of building up the White Walker threat I think it would be ridiculous and anticlimactic if they were "disposed of" within one episode...

I see the White Walkers and the internal Battle for Westeros happening concurrently
    Nailed it.

Great episode, but I'm disappointed that they played it safe with the deaths. Nobody of any significance died other than the Night King.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Nailed it.

Great episode, but I'm disappointed that they played it safe with the deaths. Nobody of any significance died other than the Night King.
    I honestly expected more deaths. We all knew that Theon was going to go out in a similar fashion to what he did. I like that Arya is the one who killed the Night King. She did have some bad ass moments in this episode. I think most would have expected Jon to kill the Night King.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Honestly, the way the Night King died was ridiculous. It was cheesy as hell and a huge let down. I was expecting some kind of enormous revelation - some weird connection to Bran - and perhaps we learn a bit more about his mysterious past.

The way they built him up - it should have taken something extremely creative and unexpected to destroy him... but instead we got Arya flying out of nowhere and stabbing him with ease in a scene you'd expect from a cheesy action flick...

The most badass scene of the episode - when all those flaming swords went out.

Also - that episode was WAY TOO DARK. I get what they are trying to depict, but they didn't really find a practical balance there... there were times when I thought my TV was malfunctioning. And the action was too blurry with too many close-ups. I couldn't even tell who was who during the dragon scenes.

Dobber Sports Icon

That episode was terrible. The wife and I spent more time trying to adjust our television so we could see something then we did enjoying the show. I always thought that GRRM hated the fact that the orcs in the Lord of the Rings were just evil. GRRM has said a number of times that ASOIAF was about the fact that there is no good vs evil and that everyone is a combination of both of them. That was not the case in GOT at all.

This episode was another dose in the reality that the shows creative team have no idea how to write. There is no depth to the show anymore. Having a character repeat what they said or did in an earlier episode (ie: "not today", "brown eyes, green eyes, blue eyes", drop the dagger into the other hand and stab) is not depth, it's laziness.

I just to look forward to watching the show every Sunday to see what was going to happen, now I feel like I have to watch it because I have come this far. The enjoyment I get out of it has decreased dramatically. For me, the show "jumped the shark" in the episode after Arya was stabbed by the waif. The show writers had an opportunity to show us why that happened or how she survived multiple stab wounds in her stomach and then jumping into a cesspool of a river with something great but instead they chose to say she just survived because we said so.