Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

I can't believe it's just over a week away and there has been little to no footage. I love it because the past few years have had major spoilers all over the place and they have been very hard to avoid.

Can't wait for next weekend .

Dobber Sports Expert

If anyone has seen a good recap video on YouTube please share.

I feel like I'm going to spend half this season reminding my wife who Ser Ilyn Payne and the Children of the Forrest are and such and such. God help me if they bring Quaithe back.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... it's super odd... because I think HBO uses this show to get people to subscribe.
    But - with only 6 episodes (April 14, 21, 28, May 5, 12, 19), they are probably aware that people will likely join for only one or two months...
    So all of the advertising $$$ required to draw new viewers... their actuaries probably told them:
    "You have who you have and nobody new is going to be joining up. Those who like the show know... you don't need to advertise it."

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they have one or two BIG spots during the Final Four NCAA games on April 6th/8th.
    Then people can spend their Final Four winnings on a month or two of HBO!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yeah... it's super odd... because I think HBO uses this show to get people to subscribe.
    But - with only 6 episodes (April 14, 21, 28, May 5, 12, 19), they are probably aware that people will likely join for only one or two months...
    So all of the advertising $$$ required to draw new viewers... their actuaries probably told them:
    "You have who you have and nobody new is going to be joining up. Those who like the show know... you don't need to advertise it."

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they have one or two BIG spots during the Final Four NCAA games on April 6th/8th.
    Then people can spend their Final Four winnings on a month or two of HBO!!
    Exactly. I already got for this reason so I'm set.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I thought last night was great and would have loved it even more if there weren't only 5 episodes after this!!! I get they had to do all of these reunions but holy crap could they not have made this season 8 episodes?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    If anyone has seen a good recap video on YouTube please share.

I feel like I'm going to spend half this season reminding my wife who Ser Ilyn Payne and the Children of the Forrest are and such and such. God help me if they bring Quaithe back.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I thought last night was great and would have loved it even more if there weren't only 5 episodes after this!!! I get they had to do all of these reunions but holy crap could they not have made this season 8 episodes?
    Agreed. To be honest, I expected more really bad things to happen in the episode. Last night had some really good moments, though. I though the scene with Sam and Dany was great, then the follow up with Jon was also awesome.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Agreed. To be honest, I expected more really bad things to happen in the episode. Last night had some really good moments, though. I though the scene with Sam and Dany was great, then the follow up with Jon was also awesome.

Rylant
    I actually built up the reunions to be more in my head, I felt a little letdown. I felt opposite like they rushed some big moments in yesterdays episode. For instance Jon riding the dragons or Sam telling Jon he's Targaryen and rightful heir. Still though pumped to see next episode, if they were following the old GOT narrative they would straight up execute Jamie although he's my favorite character so I hope they don't. What say you?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I actually built up the reunions to be more in my head, I felt a little letdown. I felt opposite like they rushed some big moments in yesterdays episode. For instance Jon riding the dragons or Sam telling Jon he's Targaryen and rightful heir. Still though pumped to see next episode, if they were following the old GOT narrative they would straight up execute Jamie although he's my favorite character so I hope they don't. What say you?
    Ya that will be interesting. To be honest I am not sure how much Bran even cares about letting people know that Jaime was the one who pushed him out of the window. Bran's priorities have changed since that happened.

And I agree with you that they did rush things. The rescue of Yara was horrible...

On a side note, the new opening is sick.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Ya that will be interesting. To be honest I am not sure how much Bran even cares about letting people know that Jaime was the one who pushed him out of the window. Bran's priorities have changed since that happened.

And I agree with you that they did rush things. The rescue of Yara was horrible...

Rylant
    I thought that as well I bet Bran doesn't care mind you I got a feeling there might be more at work with him, like he's trying to stir the pot. However Dany, is starting to seem a little power drunk and as in the preview talks about how she's dreaming about what she would do to the man who killed her father.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I watched a half hour one called Man of Recaps with my wife last night. It was obviously a lot.....but still the best I've seen.

I'm at work and can't access youtube though.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Rylant
    Good call about Bran/Jaime. I also think he would have seen all the good things he's done since that push and maybe he likes Jaime like the rest of us do!

LOVED the new opening. Glad they updated it and added the inner rooms of Winterfell and the throne room.

Dobber Sports Icon

OK, so everyone knows the crypts are the last place you'd want to hide with a guy who can raise the dead on the way, right? I mean the dire wolves are down there too...
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow.....did not think of that. Holy crap.

Another solid character episode (something they got away from last season on Fast Forward mode). This next episode is 120 minutes running time and supposedly took 55 days to shoot. Very very very excited.

The Great One

First two episodes have been about as riveting as The Young and the Restless...