Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Technically Sansa is Jon's cousin... although I don't think it would change anything in terms of where she ranked on the succession ladder.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

The Great One

I've wondered about the possibility of no King/Queen at all. I suspect Dany will die, and Jon won't want the throne. Instead, they decide to divide up the 7 Kingdoms and have 7 different rulers. I don't know all seven Kingdoms, but Sansa would rule the North, Tyrion might get a place to rule, etc.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I've wondered about the possibility of no King/Queen at all. I suspect Dany will die, and Jon won't want the throne. Instead, they decide to divide up the 7 Kingdoms and have 7 different rulers. I don't know all seven Kingdoms, but Sansa would rule the North, Tyrion might get a place to rule, etc.
    I have zero clue what will happen.

I'm hoping Sansa shows up next week with a combined army of people who have been rallied by her, and by Varys' letters being sent out telling of Jon. Maybe we'll even get one last episode with Tormund and his crew showing up to lend a hand. Who knows.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have zero clue what will happen.

I'm hoping Sansa shows up next week with a combined army of people who have been rallied by her, and by Varys' letters being sent out telling of Jon. Maybe we'll even get one last episode with Tormund and his crew showing up to lend a hand. Who knows.
    They would still have to kill that dragon. The golden company for all the hype lasted less than a minute. Also Cersei was about as reasonable prepared as you can be with the scorpions and she didn't stand a chance. I think the best/only bet would be an assassination from Arya or Jon.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    They would still have to kill that dragon. The golden company for all the hype lasted less than a minute. Also Cersei was about as reasonable prepared as you can be with the scorpions and she didn't stand a chance. I think the best/only bet would be an assassination from Arya or Jon.
    Oh I agree. I have no idea how any of that would be resolved.

Dobber Sports Ninja

They don't necessarily have to kill Drogon. He can be tamed by Jon (if he lives).

Dobber Sports Star

I am expecting Drogon to be found out to be a female in the last episode. And lay a bunch of eggs...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    They don't necessarily have to kill Drogon. He can be tamed by Jon (if he lives).
    Oh I agree. I thought it would be cool, although highly unlikly for Drogon to be told to kill Jon and refuse and instead kill Dany. However now were talking Return of the Jedi plot haha.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh I agree. I thought it would be cool, although highly unlikly for Drogon to be told to kill Jon and refuse and instead kill Dany.
    That would be truly epic.

The Great One

One could have made the same argument with the Night King. And he took 5 seconds to kill, with nothing special happening, when the writers decided it was time to do it...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Actually if Jon and Dany both die, then Sansa is the rightful heir to the throne. Sansa is Jon's sister. Jon is the rightful heir. It would be Jon, Dany, Sansa, then Arya.

Robert was a usurper and never had any legitimate claim to the throne...

In any event, Gendry won't end up on the throne. That would be weak as **** lol.
    I mean, if we’re going to get into this kind of nuance technically the Targaryens were usurpers too and have no more legitimate claim to the throne than the Baratheons. Provided Gendry is actually Robert and Cersei’s firstborn, and not a bastard as so far shown, his claim is every bit as legitimate as Jon’s

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I mean, if we’re going to get into this kind of nuance technically the Targaryens were usurpers too and have no more legitimate claim to the throne than the Baratheons. Provided Gendry is actually Robert and Cersei’s firstborn, and not a bastard as so far shown, his claim is every bit as legitimate as Jon’s
    We're really spit balling here, but I believe the claim is legitimized if you entirely extinguish the previous bloodline, which is why Baratheon was going out of his way to assassinate Dany.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

We're really spit balling here, but I believe the claim is legitimized if you entirely extinguish the previous bloodline, which is why Baratheon was going out of his way to assassinate Dany.
    Can’t be. The starks were kings of the north and their bloodline wasn’t extinguished. They simply yielded.

Dobber Sports Icon

So I've managed to binge watch Seasons 2-8 in the last 6 weeks after having stopped watching after season 1, guess there's one positive to being injured haha.

I have to agree that some of the story-telling and character development fell off as the show deviated from the books. I found parts of season 5 & 6 were a little strung out. Then of course seasons 7 & 8 have been very rushed with them being shorter seasons. Still a lot of loose ends to tie up. I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of articles written about questions that were left unanswered (much like Lost).

All that being said, I've thoroughly enjoyed the series overall and can't wait to see how it ends tonight. I can't see them finishing with Jon Snow on the throne but it really does seem to point that way. I can see them having Gendry end up there as I always felt that was the way the books were leading. Given that they are supposedly following a general direction that Martin planned, I could see it happening and they just didn't do as good of a job getting there as he would have.

Interesting side note, there's a rumour that both books 6 & 7 are actually almost complete and will be released shortly after the TV series finale. I really hope so as I would love to see what George R.R. Martin's vision was for the rest of the story.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Novice

BRAN will rule.
    It is known.