Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Spoilers!)

I've been away from Dobber for quite some time. I've decided to make my return tonight with the premiere of Game of Thrones season 4. I'm sure you all recall us having some great discussions the prior three seasons, and to be honest I quite enjoy the talks with the hardcore GoT fans from this forum. I couldn't find the old thread I made (must have been deleted when the forum updated a few months back). Anyway, let's start discussing it up again!

As always, do not post any spoilers from the book that go past the current events from the TV series. Be mindful of those that have not read the books (myself included).
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Game of Thrones Television Series Thread (No Book Spoilers!)

Welcome back

I have to say i'm pretty bloody excited about tonights episode (haven't watched it yet), after having what felt like a very long wait and time to think on things GoT related, I think things are going to turn pretty bad for Daenarys (spelling?), she's just had too much fortune the last two seasons. comparatively anyway.... I don't see her getting assassinated this season but I think she'll have some pretty big issues.

You've got to also wonder what Bran Stark is doing going north with two kids and Hordor... he's literally only just discovered his power and surely hasn't grasped half of what he can do with it yet. should be a very interesting plot line here imo.

One character I love is Jon Snow (who knows nothing), possibly my favorite plot line, he's broken code after code and lied to his mrs... things are getting very interesting at the wall! When the hell are these white walkers showing up!! JRR Martin is such a tease with this story line.

Hopefully someone (arya?) kills that Circe, I love hating her though...

that is all from me for now, Love me some GoT
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm super-excited because I've watched all three seasons on Netflix Instant (well-after their HBO release).
    Last night, I'm flipping through my Comcast... it's 10:50pm (EST) and Comcast's On Demand has "Game of Thrones - Season 4, Ep.1" available.

I'm like... WTF... I don't have an HBO account to my name.
    I click - it runs, I watch!
    [Of note to those in the US, I've noticed BOTH Comcast and AT&T offering "HBO" with their recent packages, so I'm wondering if somehow HBO has opened up a deep discount for them to offer it up for a while?!?!]

Jamie Lannister looks different with the new haircut. I actually thought it was a different actor doing a VERY good job of replacing the ol' Jamie. Nope, same guy I'm reading. He looked that different.
    First episode was very solid, I thought.

First scene (sword) and near-last scene (Arya) were both incredible.
    So enjoyable!!!

Dobber Sports Giant

I have yet to watch a single episode of this series (I'm mostly a laggard when it comes to TV shows). I will nonetheless give this one a shot in the coming month.
    Would you guys say that I must watch past a certain number of episodes in season 1 to start liking it or does it begin with a bang and get you hooked from the get go?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I have yet to watch a single episode of this series (I'm mostly a laggard when it comes to TV shows). I will nonetheless give this one a shot in the coming month.
    Would you guys say that I must watch past a certain number of episodes in season 1 to start liking it or does it begin with a bang and get you hooked from the get go?
    Honestly... I do not know a single manly-man that wouldn't like this show. [And by "manly-man", I mean it in a "cave-man" sort of way... not being bad, or good... just, ya know... "cave-man-y"]
    Two shows in - you'll be hooked.
    If you are not into this show, some of that primative or medievil generational-genetic-wiring is off in your head.
    It has everything (!!!) that appeals to men.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Honestly... I do not know a single manly-man that wouldn't like this show. [And by "manly-man", I mean it in a "cave-man" sort of way... not being bad, or good... just, ya know... "cave-man-y"]
    Two shows in - you'll be hooked.
    If you are not into this show, some of that primative or medievil generational-genetic-wiring is off in your head.
    It has everything (!!!) that appeals to men.
    ''HULK like show''! Thanks Pengwin

I'll let you know how I like it in the coming weeks (I know it isn't Lord of The Rings, but I LOVED those movies so hopefully the Medieval aspect of things will appeal to me)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    ''HULK like show''! Thanks Pengwin

I'll let you know how I like it in the coming weeks (I know it isn't Lord of The Rings, but I LOVED those movies so hopefully the Medieval aspect of things will appeal to me)
    If you loved LOTR you will also love Game of Thrones. It like grown-up fantasy, no hobbits and elves but lots of boobs .

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    no hobbits and elves but lots of boobs .
    VERRRRRY nice trade-off!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ace

Its a new actor for Daenarys' general though... I'm pretty sure of that.... The guy "gambling" with greyworm
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

The Great One

I've read the books and found them a lot easier to follow than the show. Go figure.

I haven't made it past season 1...I think I'll just wait for the series to be done, and then go through it in a marathon...

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think I'll just wait for the series to be done, and then go through it in a marathon...
    That's also what I like to do. I hate having to wait a week or so to watch the next episode of a given series. Unfortunately, the downside is having to wait several years in order to bypass that ''issue''... Yes, I know, that's insane, but that's me!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Its a new actor for Daenarys' general though... I'm pretty sure of that.... The guy "gambling" with greyworm
    Yep they switched the actor playing Daario Naharis, I'm not sure why.

Last year it was this guy - Daario.jpg

This year it is this guy - Michiel-Huisman-008.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^I like the new guy - shorter hair works better for a serious general/warrior.
    The previous season "Fabio" type wasn't working for me.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^I like the new guy - shorter hair works better for a serious general/warrior.
    The previous season "Fabio" type wasn't working for me.
    Agreed. The other guy was a bit much, he was hard to take seriously.

Dobber Sports Guru

Also, love the portrayal of Oberyn Martell so far. it was a fantastic first episode for him.