Thread: Top Gun 2

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Top Gun 2

I’m going to pretend that this is being made based on artistic merit. That the writers and director got together and said we must create a movie because the story is just too good not to tell. Or, ya’ know, Hollywood realizes that re-booting a classic film guarantees itself a baseline level of sales at the box office. What they don’t realize is the irrevocable negative impact that needless re-boots have on a franchises’ place in movie history. Apparently they didn’t learn from the Mission Impossible series.

Top Gun 2 is destined to be the Chris Chelios of movies. That said, I’ll be there opening day. If only to see Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer standing needlessly close to each other while smacking on a piece of gum.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

I...am your father.

Default Re: Top Gun 2

Not me. Didn't overly love the first one, zero interest in the second one. Didn't know another one was coming.

In fact, I'd watch MI3 right now over Top Gun 1
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I absolutely love MI 1. I'm not entirely sure why the Franchise turned into this action hero stunt thingy. The original had more to it (at least if memory serves). Last few have been lacking a distinct plot.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    I absolutely love MI 1. I'm not entirely sure why the Franchise turned into this action hero stunt thingy. The original had more to it (at least if memory serves). Last few have been lacking a distinct plot.
    I really liked all MI movies, but Ghost Protocol (MI4) was the best IMO.

To get back to the Top Gun talk, I was not a die-hard fan of the first one. It was a good movie, but nothing more. As for a 2nd one, I can only hope that they will spin it off into something completely different and maybe have Tom Cruise in a secondary role as a flight instructor or something. If they want him to be the main character, then it will look like Grudge Match (Stallone and De Niro), which was far from a Rocky or Raging Bull in my books.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay