Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013-14 All All-Disappointment Team

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2013-14 All All-Disappointment Team

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Good list.

I think Hank Sedin bounces back after a coaching change comes around in the off season.

You could have probably inserted a few Oilers on that team too. Justin Schultz?
    I actually debated adding Schultz. The thing is he wasn't expected to be THAT good this year, so I felt bad calling him out. Definitely a disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Nope. Can't go with this list with Dany Heatley on it. First time fantasy players maybe were expecting more, but nobody who did some research into fantasy hockey expected anything. Even with the "best shape of his life" comments, there was simply no room for him on the depth chart. Coyle had already passed him by training camp.
    You're probably right, but it's Heatley, and he has hurt me too many times not to be on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CarbombCarcillo View Post
    Where is Eric Staal?????
    Considered adding him. But really it's only a "down" season as opposed to terrible.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    DK, good write-up.

Yakupov wants on the list!
    Thanks man. If he isn't careful he'll be there next year!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'm looking for Dustin Brown. Has anyone seen him? He's been lost all season!
    Hard to explain his year. Not old enough for a full decline. At least the hits are still coming....sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Daniel Sedin for me. At .6 pts/game? How is he not on that list?

EDIT: Eric Staal too....oh, and every team needs a coach so Torts has that dubious honor.
    I should have done a full roster
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm sorry but I think this is a pretty poor list. You're picking on obvious has-beens and bandaid boys.

I don't think Andy, Heater, Lupes or Streit belong on the list. Disappointing sure... but MOST disappointing? Far from it.

-For starters, at LW i'd have Sedin's twin... Daniel who has been just as, if not MORE disappointing than Henrik. What was it... 25 games without a goal?
    -Heater is just a bad choice and there are many other better candidates as mentioned above.
    -Streit is old as **** - he had his moments, but over the last 3 seasons he's been average. Not sure what you were expecting of him.
    -Defense? Has to be ENSTROM hands down, or even Phaneuf who has almost the same amount of points as last season despite playing double the games.
    -Andy? He hasn't been stellar, but he's far from the most dsappointing. He's had some pretty good runs this season actually. I think if he didn't get injured twice, he would had an ok season.
    -Most disappointing goalie has to go to Holtby hands down IMO.

So to recap: I'd swap Lupul, Heater, Streit and Andy with:
    -Daniel Sedin
    -Yakupov
    -Enstrom
    -Holtby

Now that's your list.
    It's not easy to come to a consensus. And admittedly I could have gone a number of different directions with my choices. The hope was that I'd list a few guys and everyone else would present other suggestions and ideas.

Agree that Holtby has been bad (although Oates' system has come into question too). Daniel Sedin most certainly deserved a spot but listing him AND henrik felt redundant, since they dealt with a lot of overlapping issues.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bobby Ryan, Huberdeau and to a lesser degree Tlusty (I saw may predicting 60 points for him).
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Master

Does Steven Weiss count as a disappointment this season, or did everyone expect him to stink Detroit up?

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Decent list... but in that RW slot you gotta go with Rick Nash (35.8), Yakupov (48.9), Gaborik (60.2), or Loui Eriksson (59.8) over Dany Heatley (127.5).
    ADP, per Yahoo!, is in brackets.

Heatley has been on NO keen fantasy hockey GMs radar for two+ years now.
    I tend to give Nash a bit of a pass because of that concussion. Many have noted he is hitting far less this year than previously. The injury may have affected his play. Expecting a nice rebound in 2014-15

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Does Steven Weiss count as a disappointment this season, or did everyone expect him to stink Detroit up?
    I totally forgot about him. I think there were many expecting north of 65 points with the linemates he'd get in DET. Certainly could be on this list. Although I read recently that he was dealing with an ailment for part of this year, maybe he's a bit better next season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    I totally forgot about him. I think there were many expecting north of 65 points with the linemates he'd get in DET. Certainly could be on this list. Although I read recently that he was dealing with an ailment for part of this year, maybe he's a bit better next season.
    Part of this year? Pretty much the whole year, on and off when he played and then it sidelined him completely.
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Bobby Ryan, Huberdeau and to a lesser degree Tlusty (I saw may predicting 60 points for him).
    Looking through Ryan's numbers the other day. Didn't realize how brutal of a year it was. Hopefully it was more injury related than anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Part of this year? Pretty much the whole year, on and off when he played and then it sidelined him completely.
    Good news for 2014-15. Will be worth a late round shot.