Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'm completely relaxed ... so calling out horrible sexism that's ubiquitous in the world of sports is somehow not relaxed? How about you stop enabling oppression against women? Until then, I won't be "relaxing" at all. Just because something is common doesn't mean it's okay. Slavery was pretty common in the 19th century; mass rape and sex trafficking is pretty common ... should we just throw up our hands because they're so "common" ???

Completely BS response, Ev. Not like I expected you to care about equality or anything.

I don't expect people to agree with me here; it's not like most men are willing to admit their deep biases against women. It's just flat-out completely unacceptable to denigrate women, as a distinct class, by saying stuff like "he hits like a girl," etc. We should be ashamed of ourselves, as men, that we allow BS like this to continue. It's the 21st century, and we're all human beings. It's time to take some responsibility for our BS and make a stand. We may not realize that the words we use have a profound impact on others, but when society continually "lessens" the importance of women, it registers with young women and girls. Would you want your daughter to feel like less of a human being because she has a vagina? I didn't think so ...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mounD again."

I just gave you rep two minutes ago but I wish I had done it for this post instead. Thanks for speaking up and I agree with your point here.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: For those who say, "Crosby Is NOT a Diver"...

Sorry... posted before reading the entire thread. Didn't realize it was closed.