Thread: Do The Flyers Consider Brayden Schenn Expendable?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Do The Flyers Consider Brayden Schenn Expendable?

Upcoming restricted free agent Brayden Schenn is only 22, but is he expendable? The answer could be yes if prospect Scott Laughton is NHL ready by next season.

http://thehockeywriters.com/flyers-c...nn-expendable/

The Great One

Default Re: Do The Flyers Consider Brayden Schenn Expendable?

Jake Gardiner for Brayden Schenn; I could potentially see that working out for both teams.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Jake Gardiner for Brayden Schenn; I could potentially see that working out for both teams.
    Both are RFA's at the end of the season so trading the rights of each player would also benefit both teams.

Dobber Sports Master

For me, it would take more than Jake Gardiner. Brayden Schenn could be a really good forward for us. I like what I see from him. I'd be willing to let him go for a defender that is actually good, not potentially good. I would also accept a blue chip D prospect, but I would prefer someone to help right now. I dont like Gardiner for either of those options. Package Schenn with a pick if you need to, but improve the defence.

Dobber Sports Master

You know who could be really good for the Flyers defence? Tyler Myers. If we traded for him, I put him on a desert island with only wolves to eat, which he has to kill with his bare hands. That should toughen him up a bit. His only entertainment on the island would be watching Chris Pronger highlight (lowlight?) reels.

If he could find a mean streak, he would be exactly what the Flyers need. A big huge body in front of the net, someone who would cross check his grandmother and can get the transition game going with a nice first pass. I haven't seen much of Myers this year though. Where's Bomm and what is his opinion of Myers? Would you trade Myers for Schenn type of deal?