Thread: Trade for Huberdeau?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade for Huberdeau?

I've got an opportunity to 'buy low' on Huberdeau. The price is reasonable (D Brown and a 2nd round pick for Huberdeau and a 6th round pick), but it only makes sense if I'm going to keep him. Looking at my roster below, would you keep Huberdeau instead of any of the players currently in bold? He isn't farm or IR eligible in our league, so it would have to come at the expense of someone on the active roster, not a player on the farm team.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Default Re: Trade for Huberdeau?

I`d keep Huberdeau over Soderberg. Although Huberdeau probably won`t help you much this season if you`re still competing, he should be close to Soderberg`s production next year and surpass him after that.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd keep Huby over Soderberg or Palat.

Dobber Sports Ace

I take the deal and drop Ladd, With the emergence of Kane and Scheiffle next year in WPG, I can see Captain Ladd's role diminishing a bit. Huberdeau is due for a huge breakout. And its those kind of surprise breakout years that can put you over the top. And wouldn't it be sweet if you took a chance on a guy who you bought so low and he explodes. IMO, worst case the match each others stats next year. Ladd isn't surprising anybody, he did that already, last year!
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Monster

Huberdeau > Soberberg

Alright, well I accepted the trade. Got a few months left to decide who not to keep. I feel that Palat and Ladd are more likely to regress next year, but Soderberg might be the easiest to redraft, depending on how much hype he gets in the draft guides and stuff over the summer. Thanks for the opinions as always, I "repped" where I was allowed to, and will continue to do so.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Palat will do well again because of stamkos prolly being on his line. I know J.T Brown is with Stamkos now, but I feel like Palat will win that position again. Palat is also No1 PP line
    Palat – Stamkos – Callahan
    Hedman - Fillipula

With Drouin coming into the league next year I can’t see him winning LW1 right away, especially with Palat and Killorn in the way. Maybe Drouin gets random ice time on the PP with Stamkos, but I can’t see Lightning taking their time with Drouin for 1 year, then throwing him onto the 1st/2nd line.

Also any players for Boston should be aware their stats are inflated this year (exception to Rask, Chara, Bergeron ect). I can’t see Soderberg re-doing the same thing he has done this year. His name coming up in forums right around the same time as Bsotons winning streak doesn’t help things either. He was only doing well when the team was on fire. So I wouldn’t consider Sodenberg a keeper over Hube and PalatSo I wouldn’t consider Sodenberg a keeper over Hube and Palat. So I wouldn’t consider Sodenberg a keeper over Hube and Palat
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Good trade. I would take it in a heartbeat. Well worth the risk.
    12 Team Keeper league (keep all)

C - Giroux, Seguin, Marchessault, Fabbri, E. Staal
    W - P. Kane, Kucherov, D.Sedin, Radulov, Vanek
    D - Brodi, Klingberg, Hedman, Dumba, M. Green
    G - Dubnyk, J. Allen
    Farm - Werenski, D. Strome, Dubois,
    Bench - Ladd, Parenteau,

Dobber Sports Titan

For your farm team, I’m not sure how they work out, but I have read they have to be fewer than 100 games to be considered farm eligible for some leagues. Palat has like ~70 games. If you can demote him to your farm team, you could free up 1 keeper slot. But I’m unsure if you can demote someone to your farm team. Just some out-of-the-box thinking.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Soderberg would be the easy drop for me. Would also keep Ladd over Soderberg.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would drop Soderberg too, as there may not be much more upside to him, as Boston is so deep. Huby just has a higher upside, would also keep Palat as there is just too much of a chance he plays with Stamkos.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Soderberg... nice knowing ya.

Thanks dudes... apparently I "have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours." I don't have to decide who to drop until draft day, and playoffs count in our league, so I will keep Soderberg (and the others) for now and maybe try to trade one of the bubble guys for a draft pick. If your opinions were unanimously to drop Ladd I would've done so, cuz he won't play in the playoffs anyway, but it sounds like most of you would keep him over Soderberg, so i will wait and see what things look like over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    For your farm team, I’m not sure how they work out, but I have read they have to be fewer than 100 games to be considered farm eligible for some leagues. Palat has like ~70 games. If you can demote him to your farm team, you could free up 1 keeper slot. But I’m unsure if you can demote someone to your farm team. Just some out-of-the-box thinking.
    In our league, players are farm eligible if they're under 24 years old and have played 82 or fewer regular season or playoff games. Palat's at 89 GP and Huberdeau's at 114, so i'm afraid that doesn't help me. I thought about sending Palat down a few weeks ago, but to do that I would've had to call up Coyle and Yakupov who were both past 82 games, and i'd rather wait til next season for those guys.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Take that trade now and keep Hubs over Soda pop!!