Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Office Site Bans - Websense and Other Software

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Office Site Bans - Websense and Other Software

Google + \"proxy server\" = surf with impunity.

You have to put up with some ads, and I wouldn\'t be putting my personal or login information into them, but if you just want to read the latest Dobber headlines and whatnot, that will accomplish the goal.
    In Dobber Veritas

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Office Site Bans - Websense and Other Software

Well, I am still banned at work but a friend in the office sent me this site:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/demo/?rev...skills.com.cn/

And I am able to get on now. I just have to put up with ads.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha, I see I'm not the only one that's getting muzzled by Websense. I was bored at work so I was reading this thread on dobberhockey.mobi a couple weeks back.

I think i may have found a way around websense's security today. I used my quota time like almost every day to go on the forums for an hour and somehow now I can come on the forums if I go to my recently viewed sites and click it there. So all I gotta do is use one portion of my quota time every day and then I can go on all day.

If this works everyday then maybe I found a way to get onto dobberhockey at work!Well its either that or someone's going to come tell me to clean out my cubicle in a bit lol.

Either way, productivity at the workplace has just taken a significant hit for this guy.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Star

We also have Websense, but the word sports is not blocked. You do get the it has to be work related message before advancing though. But the bosses can still tell who's on what...not specifically, but they know it's a sports site and how long you're on it. So I pop in and out throughout the day.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

First off, rotoworld ain't got nothin on you my friend. Second, my job necessitates free and clear internet access, while most employees are blocked from even such sites as CNN to amazon, etc...

I use google chrome all day with multiple open tabs, bouncing in and out of this site, ASKL and UHL and of course sites needed to get the job done.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

any update on this?

Dobber Sports Ace

does ghost proxy work, i know at our work when we wanna see videos on you tube or go to any blocked site we just use ghost proxy and it works fine
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

I...am your father.

I think a ghost proxy works in a lot of cases.

Companies buy software for this. Plugged into most of the software out there is a ban of my site. Why? Because they see "fantasy hockey" and boom, that's the end of it. I spoke to one company about white-listing me, citing examples that were allowed through. Their response? They banned the other examples.

So I could ruin it for everybody and give them more examples...or I can let it go. So far I've let it go. But maybe I'll try contacting them again and stress that there are no games here on this website.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Pro

Is it possible to register a mirror url(s)? Such as dfsn.ca or dsn.ca/com. I am not computer savvy with these things as well, and I understand this would cost you some more money in operating costs, but it could work. Plus, dsn.ca sounds bad ass.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ninja

That must be so frustrating. Oh well, like I mentioned in my previous post awhile ago I think there's a crack in websense's software.

I get 90 minutes of quota time per day which I can use in 10 minute intervals. After your interval time is over, it'll give you that stop sign page. What I did was I went to my website history and kept clicking on dobber pages and eventually one of them works. Obviously if you don't have quota time then that sucks and I don't know how to help.

Now it occasionally gives me the stop sign page, but all i do is go back a page and it brings me back and i open a link to dobber in a new tab and it works. It doesn't work all the time but most of the time it does...so whenever I have slow days at work I can spend some time reading hockey stuff.

If you guys want you can give it a try, but it obviously depends on how strict your internet security is at your workplace. Obviously mine doesn't care too much or else I probably would have been fired two months ago.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!