Thread: Searching for old posts

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Searching for old posts

Whenever I type a name in the search bar (or even in advanced search), I don't get anything earlier than November. I know the posts are there, because you can find old posts when you go through pages in each forum. They just don't show up in the search bar.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Searching for old posts

Yeah, I have found that something is up with the search function was well. For example if I search my username, I only get 28 results, 25 since Feb 18 (I'm sure I've posted more), two in Nov, and then one in 2010. As a regular since 2008, I think its missing a few, haha!

I...am your father.

Okay, will add it to the list. I thought it was just me
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hijacking this thread somewhat, because I have a feeling it's related. I saw a similar thing with the old forum for a while. Do you remember when the "new posts" were stuck at like the end of April, beginning of May? Same with the subscribed threads. Even if you clicked on a link to get to the latest "new" posts since you last visited the thread (doesn't matter if it's a subscription email or in the User CP), you would get sent to the newest post since some point in late April. Same thing is happening now, at least when I get an email about new posts in the big Toronto Maple Leafs thread. Instead of being sent to an actual new post in the thread, I've been sent to posts from early March and it's happened on at least three different days.

If I remember correctly, there was some sort of cache problem last year. Could there be a similar issue now?
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

Is that with subscribed threads only? New posts work fine for me, but I'm not subscribed to any threads so I don't know.

Wait - I just remembered. I'm putting in posts from between Nov.13 and Feb. 13. I recently finished the Lounge area and am now working in the Keeper D-men area, but Atomic Wedgy is in the Eastern Conference area putting those in. Sometimes we accidentally forget to put in the old date and it gets posted as new. I'm guessing we post it as today's date, you get an email, we catch our mistake and re-enter the post in the proper date, while you click your email and get confused. My theory!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Same thing happens to me that happens to Dakkster. When I get a new e-mail about the Canadiens thread, it brings me to the first post after the forum switch to 4.0. It happens when I close Chrome and then re-open it. If I have Chrome open, it brings me to the right page.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, newfcollins, that's exactly what happens to me too.

The reason I mentioned New Posts was because last year after April/May, the list of new posts went on back to those dates (seemed to vary for each user) and the cache didn't purge after you had visited that page, which it used to do before that. I just checked out New Posts and it seems to be unaffected now. It goes back seven pages to March 25th, which seems reasonable.
    GO WINGS!

The Wolverine

My subscribed threads with new posts goes back to the middle of February. Seems like that glitch is back for me.

I...am your father.

Finally noticed that I failed to re-index the search after this was upgraded.

If you try the search function now, and all these little glitches you list, it should be okay now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Finally noticed that I failed to re-index the search after this was upgraded.

If you try the search function now, and all these little glitches you list, it should be okay now.
    It seems like three years worth of stuff is missing. For example, if I search for Bobby Ryan, I get stuff from now to last November, and then the next newest is 2010 and older.

I...am your father.

Maybe the indexing wasn't completed then. But I just searched Bobby Ryan and got something in July of 2013, and then the next one was July of 2012 - so a one-year gap. And then December of 2011.

Given the lockout, it's possible that the names both first and last for Ryan were not posted between August of 2012 and June of 2013

I think we're good!

Dobber Sports Guru

I think the search function still isn't working properly. I just tried looking up Pavelski, I get 29 posts from now back to February, and then nothing until Sept., 2011.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The search function definitely isn't working properly. Typed in common player searches and came back with absolutely no results. I'm sure it will be fixed soon, just gotta hang in there lol. There have been talks about posts from like October-February that were missing. They were working hard to get it fixed so older posts showed in forums.

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Guru

Is this something Dobber is working on or has he forgot the whole issue? Because the search function definitely still isn't working properly for me. A quick search for 'Pavelski' (just one example that was already used earlier too; same issue with whomever you try to search) makes the jump from February 17th 2014 to September 14th 2011. Going into advanced search mode and putting 'Pavelski' as the keyword and the earliest search result is from 2010.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw