Thread: Pavelski Goals - Over Under for 2013-14

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pavelski Goals - Over Under for 2013-14

I’m setting it at 33. I know, it seems low considering he’s likely to hit 40 (at 37 currently). But this is only his second time breaking 30 and the Sharks have a lot of offensive options with which he’ll have to share the one puck. (Or they could add a second puck to increase scoring….Oh two pucks, think of the fantasy numbers)
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Pavelski Goals - Over Under for 2013-14

I think you mean for 2014-2015 (title?).

But 33... is a pretty safe bet - and it's not much of a "shocker" to put him there.

May people remember that the Sharks started the season with line 1 as: Hertl-Thornton-Burns.
    And only after the Hertl injury did Pavelski get promoted to line 1 as a C/W split share with Joe.
    http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...V&gametype=ALL

In other words, the Sharks will probably re-balance lines next year... and Pavelski might be C3 again.
    Either way, it was the injury that created his opportunity to play a bulk of the season with Thornton.

So... the 33 call is pretty safe - and I'm sure you know that.

As an aside:
    I've had an enormous crush on Pavelski for years (years!).
    This year he goes into the season as C3... so for the first in many years I don't touch him.
    Fantasy Hockey Gods - they were fugging with me I tell ya!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Pavelski Goals - Over Under for 2013-14

If I'm a Pavelski owner in a dynasty league, should I be looking to trade him in the offseason and who are some guys to target? Would Gustav Nyquist be a solid option?

In all honesty, I can't see Pavelski doing this again. His rates are unsustainable for a 30 y/o player. Sadly, the rest of my league mates are aware of his unsustainable stats and will make it very difficult to trade him for anything worth is value.