Thread: 13 years ago today

Dobber Sports Guru

Default 13 years ago today

After Vince McMahon bought WCW, the last episode of Nitro aired on March 26, 2001. Sting vs Ric Flair was the final Nitro match. And then Vince screwed up the Invasion angle.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Default Re: 13 years ago today

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    After Vince McMahon bought WCW, the last episode of Nitro aired on March 26, 2001. Sting vs Ric Flair was the final Nitro match. And then Vince screwed up the Invasion angle.
    There was no way to do that right after the circus that WCW became. So much damage done there...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There was no way to do that right after the circus that WCW became. So much damage done there...
    WCW/ECW was booked pretty weak though. I never had a doubt that the WWE would win. Even in the matches, WCW/ECW guys got barely any offence in.

If WCW came in, and started dominating like the NWO did at the start of their run, they could have done something great.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

I...am your father.

Completely agree. That was an angle that could have really done something great. When will an opportunity like that come again? If they buy TNA? Yeah right
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

When I read the title of the thread, I was thinking to myself "What could have happened 13 years ago today in wrestling"? Just taking a guess off the top of my head and without looking at the thread, I thought it might have been the tragic death of Owen Hart. It turns out, that happened in May of 1999, so I guess that was almost 15 years ago. That was a sad day; I remember being shocked when it happened.

Rylant