Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me with my keepers! Rep

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Help me with my keepers! Rep

For team in Sig.
    Players underlined are my thoughts so far I have some other old players and just want to know what everybody thinks. I'm not sure on keeping St. Louis or maybe even rinne over some of my younger guys! Let me know guys (and girls..... Maybe)
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Help me with my keepers! Rep

Solid group of players you've got there.

Your last 2 keeper spots, in my opinion, come down to Rinne, St. Louis, Hedman and Kuznestsov. In your place I might consider keeping Hedman over Rinne, just because you're strong everywhere else but a bit weak on D and Hedman looks like he's an up and coming top 5-10 Dman. I also don't think Nashville will get you that many wins next year. Having said that, my decision here would largely depend on what goalies I thought I could grab in the draft.

I could also be talked into Kuz or Hedman over St. Louis (I'm sure many would also make a case for Voracek here but I'm not sold on the guy). I think the former two offer much more long term value, however I think St. Louis would likely go in the first round of your draft next year whereas Kuz and Hedman may not. So you likely get more value out of your draft picks if you keep St. Louis and then just redraft the other two in say the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd want to keep Hedman over MSL or Rinne. Probably MSL as he is particularly weak in your format as he is only likely to contribute in G and A, and I don't see him getting near a ppg again in his career. The fact you count hits and PIMS as 2 of your 6 forward stats really hurts MSL.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna14 View Post
    For team in Sig.
    Players underlined are my thoughts so far I have some other old players and just want to know what everybody thinks. I'm not sure on keeping St. Louis or maybe even rinne over some of my younger guys! Let me know guys (and girls..... Maybe)
    I like SergeP's reasoning, other than I disagree that MSL will be a first round pick. Not when you count hits and PIM and he'll never get over 75 points again.

I like jcairns conclusion - keep Hedman and Rinne
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Newbie

I agree with the earlier posts that MSL is a bit redundant on your team. You already have a lot of guys who will contribute to G and A and MSL is the closest to retirement. But I assume a player like MSL would still be highly valued in your league so it would be shame to drop him for nothing. If possible, I would keep him and try to trade him for something in return next year.

In my opinion, I'd keep Hedman over Rinne. With the exception of a few goalies in the NHL (who will all be keepers), all other goalies are be pretty volatile in terms of performance (e.g. just this past 2 years, Bishop went from 3rd back-up in Ottawa to Vezina candidate. Dubnyk when from starting goalie to AHL). I wouldn't consider Rinne one of those exceptions, so you get a bit more consistency going with Hedman.

Good job picking up Dubinsky. He rounds out your LW very well. I wouldn't say he's a keeper compared to your other players, but I would target him again next draft.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I like jcairns conclusion - keep Hedman and Rinne
    I agree. With 14 teams you'll sew up two of the busiest goaltenders in Price and Rinne, and Hedman is quickly becoming elite.

Serge - great analysis!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Goalies are pretty sought after in my league, it's a pretty big league. So everybody thinks Hedman over msl and no one thinks kuzy gets the keep but he could be a draft earlier. No one like Voracek over anyone? We can trade draft picks for players as as well so I could always move MSL for a pick and maybe Rinne as as well. Thanks for all the good opinion! Keep then coming
    Wins/GAA/SV%

Dobber Sports Initiate

Anyone have any other advice?
    Wins/GAA/SV%

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree - Hedman over MSL...but I'd really be shopping MSL for picks. There has to be someone willing to pay a little for him.

And I wouldn't be getting rid of Rinne, unless you know there'll be a better goalie available next year to replace him.
    Yahoo League #1 - H2H Keep 21
    [F] Tkachuk, Barkov, A Svechnikov, Kaprizov, DeBrincat, Scheifele, RNH, Suzuki, Laine, Kakko, Cozens
    [D] Makar, Hughes, Nurse, Chabot, Byram
    [G] Hart, Shesterkin, Lehner, Helle

Yahoo League #2 - H2H Keep 22
    [F] MacKinnon, Guentzel, DeBrincat, EP40, Gaudreau, Barzal, Hughes, Laine, Garland, Norris, Batherson, Farabee
    [D] Hedman, MacAvoy, Nurse, Chabot, Pionk, Byram
    [G] Nedeljkovic, Smith, Gustavsson, Murray

Dobber Sports Expert

Just throwing this out there....if there's a market for picks for MSL, what about seeing if Hedman is worth a high pick and keeping McDonagh. Really showing the offense, D is solid, future captain who plays almost 30 min per game. Just a thought....

Good Luck!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Malkin
    Giroux
    Neal
    JVR
    Kessel
    Price
    Rinne
    Hedman or Dubinsky

Dobber Sports Master

I like Hedman too, but would be willing to part with Rinne before dropping MSL. Rinne and his team aren't going to be overly competitive for the next couple years and I see his stats taking a beating because of it.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    Malkin
    Giroux
    Neal
    JVR
    Kessel
    Price
    Rinne
    Hedman or Dubinsky
    What he said. Ugh, Hedman or Dubinsky? How easy is it to find a player that has the combination of points, penalty minutes and hits? This year, only Backes, Simmonds and Lucic are better than Dubinsky. Hedman doesn't give you much in any of the peripheral categories. Hedman is the seventh highest scoring defenseman this year (at the moment), so he's pretty valuable for that reason alone.

Obviously whatever you decide, try to deal your bubble players for draft picks or if you can swing a two for one (very difficult in a limited keeper though), all the better. Best of luck with your decision.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

Can you try to trade MSL and Rinne to a team that has 2 good tenders but may be lacking one last forward as a keeper? Marty and Pekka could most likely land you an upgrade in goal. I would pursue this option rather than just picks for St.Louis.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree and would definately keep Hedman over St. Louis as Hedman is showing that he has the potential to be an elite d-man for years to come and St. Louis, who is getting any younger, doesn't have the same chemistry on the Rangers probably won't break 80 (or even 70) points again.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)