Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stan Bowman, Chicago's Mad Genius

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Stan Bowman, Chicago's Mad Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Peter Chiarelli is a close second and his success speaks for itself. But Bowman obviously gets the nod for best current GM based on the two Stanley Cups alone.
    As much as it may pain me, I agree that Chiarelli is easily in the top 2/3 most successful GMs in recent memory.

Dobber Sports Sage

Peter Chiarelli is the best G.M in the NHL in my opinion. I have Lombardi Second. Holland is third but has not impressed my what so ever as of late. Tallon put in every important piece in CHI that has lead to there success so I see no reason for Bowman to be ranked that high as of yet
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

I...am your father.

Holland, Chiarelli and Lombardi are my 1-2-3, and I also think Burke is a great GM. And Nonis is much like Burke, so I don't mind him either.

I like Shero as well. And Tallon, painful as this year has been. I'd probably go:

1. Holland, 2. Chiarelli, 3. Lombardi, 4. Yzerman, 5. Tallon, 6. Shero, 7. Bob Murray, 8. Nonis 9. Bowman and so forth

I like vision. I like building from the ground up, and then maintaining via a feeder system
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Holland, Chiarelli and Lombardi are my 1-2-3, and I also think Burke is a great GM. And Nonis is much like Burke, so I don't mind him either.

I like Shero as well. And Tallon, painful as this year has been. I'd probably go:

1. Holland, 2. Chiarelli, 3. Lombardi, 4. Yzerman, 5. Tallon, 6. Shero, 7. Bob Murray, 8. Nonis 9. Bowman and so forth

I like vision. I like building from the ground up, and then maintaining via a feeder system
    Good list but I would have Bob Murray in front of Yzerman.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Scotty Bowman has been GM for both the Sabres and the Wings.

I completely agree with Pengwin and Dobber. Stan Bowman is just doing maintenance. Tallon built that team.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Monster

Bowman has done a good job keeping the core pieces together that he inherited. He is not the best GM in the NHL. I'd love to say that he is but he's not. He's smart and is forward-thinking and doing some nice things but he did not build this Blackhawks team. That great job was done by a GM currently in Florida.

I'd say Holland, Chiarelli, Shero are ahead of Bowman.