Thread: Amazing Spider-Man 2

I...am your father.

Default Amazing Spider-Man 2

Trailer:

special effects: awesome
    premise: meh
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2

Looks like a good enough popcorn movie. Makes me wonder about the third one, since they seemed to introduce a whole bunch of classic enemies in those testlab chambers with numbers on them. Doc Ock's arms, etc.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

The ones with Tobey Maguire were better, because they stayed true to Spider-man. I found the first one of this series didn't as much. Parker wasn't as dorky, he got the girl, it seemed like everyone was finding out who Spider-Man was, etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

I...am your father.

Whatever they do, just please keep dipping into the archives for great storylines - they have 1000s of them. Please don't, 10 years from now, re-boot Spiderman for the 80th time. Getting tired of reboots (are you listening, Superman producers?)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Whatever they do, just please keep dipping into the archives for great storylines - they have 1000s of them. Please don't, 10 years from now, re-boot Spiderman for the 80th time. Getting tired of reboots (are you listening, Superman producers?)
    Apparently, they reboot the movies because they see the series as trilogies, much like comic book story arcs. So after three movies, they reboot. That's why the next BatMan movie will start over again, and not have Bale back as Batman.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No, they reboot the movies because it's cheaper to do and they want to retain the rights to the character. If they don't make movies using the character, Disney (since they bought Marvel) will get the rights back. Trilogies has nothing to do with it.
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

I thought Disney made the movies now and wanted to do their own version of Spidey?

I know Superman kept being rebooted because they didn't like the first reboot. And ditto for Hulk - they didn't like the Bana movie so they made a better one. The point is, if they blow the backstory movie - tough. I'd rather they move on with another story than try to improve the original story

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Nope, Disney doesn't have the rights for that character.

If you look at the comic book character rights and what companies own them, it can get VERY confusing. Check this out: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Wrongs-Rights
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

That was an absolutely fascinating link Dakkster. I'm a former Marvel collector. I loved that

So it's looking like it will be decades before Marvel can get all the pieces back. And Submariner, from what I recall, is like a demi-god and not a mutant and to me was a part of the Avengers more than F4, but this guy was going back back back. Whereas I only go back to the 80s.

And Scarlett Witch is an Avenger, mutant or not. Shame that 'all' mutants rights were sold

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, it's like a spider got high on acid and then spun a web that you have to try and untangle to understand how it all connects
    GO WINGS!