Thread: NCHC Hockey: UND Advances to the Frozen Faceoff, Avoids Catastrophe

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default NCHC Hockey: UND Advances to the Frozen Faceoff, Avoids Catastrophe

NCHC Hockey: UND Advances to the Frozen Faceoff, Avoids Catastrophe

The NCHC Front office has to be very happy that North Dakota won it's playoff series.
    One has to wonder what the attendance would've been if Minnesota-Duluth, North Dakota and Saint Cloud State had all been eliminated from the NCHC tourney. It probably would’ve been tough breaking 20,000 fans for the entire weekend.

Luckily for the NCHC, North Dakota will be at the Frozen Faceoff, this weekend. Now, hopefully UND fans will fill the Target Center. But what If Colorado had eliminated UND? There probably would’ve been four games played in an empty Target Center. Yep catastrophe avoided. One has to wonder if there’s some karma involved in the NCHC’s fortunes this season

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: NCHC Hockey: UND Advances to the Frozen Faceoff, Avoids Catastrophe

As I am an SCSU fan to the core, we've gone to the WCHA final five for many years. Now we're going to Target Center, which isn't a great venue for hockey, despite the fact that Miami beat my team.

I'll bet the combined attendance of the Big 10 tourney and NCHC tourney doesn't beat what we used to get at the final five. It's unfortunate that the WCHA as we used to know it is dead.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by v105memorial View Post
    As I am an SCSU fan to the core, we've gone to the WCHA final five for many years. Now we're going to Target Center, which isn't a great venue for hockey, despite the fact that Miami beat my team.

I'll bet the combined attendance of the Big 10 tourney and NCHC tourney doesn't beat what we used to get at the final five. It's unfortunate that the WCHA as we used to know it is dead.
    You might be right...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This is of interest. 87,295 is the number to beat.

http://www.uscho.com/2014/03/18/inte...nt-attendance/

WCHA and CCHA had the two of the most lucrative and best attended tourneys. Way to ruin a good thing, B1G.