Thread: Anderson "Spider" Silva... forever legend (spoiler) (graphic content)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Anderson "Spider" Silva... forever legend (spoiler) (graphic content)

What a brutal way to end a legendary career. There goes the greatest fighter that's ever graced the UFC octagon.

No way he's coming back after that!
    Attachment 1575

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Anderson "Spider" Silva... forever legend (spoiler) (graphic content)

That appears to be moderately painful. Shinbone meet kneebone. Shinbone lose every time. Tib-fib displaced fracture. I'm guessing he needed to sit down after that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Anderson "Spider" Silva... forever legend (spoiler) (graphic content)

"moderately painful"?!?!? There's the understatement of the century LOL

I...am your father.

Incredible...very shocking! Still speechless on that one. He's definitely done. He was getting up there anyway

In case anyone was saving to watch it later, I stuck the two notes in your subject line
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

As much as a douchebag as I have always thought Anderson Silva to be, I never want to see anybody go down with an injury like this. Yes, he is a dick, but he still may go down as the greatest MMA fighter of all time. I don't think he comes back from this. If somebody told me at the beginning of the night that one of tonight's fighters ends up in the hospital to treat a horrific break, Tate would be the first fighter that came to mind.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Tough to walk away from the octagon after something like that...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Originally posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    That appears to be moderately painful. Shinbone meet kneebone. Shinbone lose every time. Tib-fib displaced fracture. I'm guessing he needed to sit down after that.
    I actually watched a buddy of mine do that in a soccer game. Grossest thing I've ever seen. He was such a badass about it though. He's a doctor so he knew right away what he'd done. Called his own ambulance and everything. Such a baller.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Originally posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    lol...I am guessing you're correct. Even Joe Theisman said "Damn....that's gotta hurt!"
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

This Twitter guy called it:

http://cheezburger.com/7979029760

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid