Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Family Guy kills off Brian

I...am your father.

Default Family Guy kills off Brian

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Family Guy kills off Brian

I haven't even watched the episode yet, but I think it's terrible! IMO the Stewie-Brian dynamic was the best aspect of the show.

I...am your father.

They'll probably replace him with another dog with similar personality. I find a lot of authors do that trick - kill off a main character and then suddenly introduce a new character who is the exact same

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Here is the death scene...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Awesome... Dobber, I didn't know you were a Family Guy guy!
    My wife & I watch this show religiously. I'd say it is our #1 - the show we never, ever, ever, ever miss.

My favourite Brian moments are when he dates women.
    The on-and-off he had with Jillian was always phenomenal.
    Though, my favourite "Brian" episode was possibly the one with Lauren Conrad.

As for Brian-and-Stewie clips, how aboot the run in with the friendly Canadian!

Dobber Sports Guru

Is this permanent? Dallas killed off JR, then brought him back. Lost killed off lots of people and brought them back. So did 24.

In a cartoon world where regular limitations don't apply and a baby can build a time machine and go back and visit Hitler or stop 9/11 from happening, I find it hard to believe Brian will be dead for very long.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Here's another gem... especially funny for anybody that has a toddler at home.
    Graham Crackers!

Administrator

The easy out is that using Stewie's time machine or cloning abilities Brian can come back at any point. I'm thinking the show is going to suck without him though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

My guess on killing off Brian is that Macfarlane was simply tired of doing the extra voice.
    I actually think they did a pretty good job introducing the new dog Vinny.
    New York/New Jersey style in a dog could possibly work. Sort of that dry/critical/condescending humour that works well these days.
    And, you've got to keep the show fresh too.

The Simpsons, for example, has now been on for 25+ years or so... but that show has gone so stagnant.
    Same ol' "cover" show with rinse&repeat.
    I watch it to get in the cartoon groove.. but as my main-stream cartoon fix goes:

Family Guy
    Archer
    Bob's Burgers
    American Dad
    Simpson's

Dobber Sports Padawan

Vinnie the dog.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Pro

Maybe I will start watching Family Guy again now. Always hated that character. Even though he was just a cartoon character, making out with women and all that stuff to me was too creepy for me.

I realize I'm in the extreme minority on this one, but just being honest. However, I will say it's a really ballsy move by the creators, if it's permanent.

Dobber Sports Guru

Just watched this episode last night. Not a very good one overall. I don't find the new dog to be funny at all.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

Took me about a half-dozen shows to start laughing at Family guy when I first started watching. Now I can't go 30 seconds without cracking up at something. Just thinking... maybe the new dog becomes funny over time...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

I never liked the first season or two of Family Guy, but I find it's a lot funnier now. I watch it every week, but this episode was just flat.

Dobber Sports Guru