Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dobber's Fantasy MMA - UFC 171

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Dobber's Fantasy MMA - UFC 171

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This is the only way I've heard of so far. You thinking you pick a 'team' and track strikes landed, etc?
    Possibly, it's really hard cause there's no season, there's no "reboot" A whole year is too long, then you gotta start again. And even though fighters are in the same league, they aren't fighting the same opponents. Like a guy who wins 4 fights on the prelims is now here near the same as a guy who defends his title or something.

Yeah, something like picking a "team" or "camp" where you're more invested in your "fantasy fighters" the same way we are with our fantasy whatever players.

Maybe have multiple categories tracking strikes landed, knockdowns, submissions, takedowns and all that. And you could make a Roto/H2H format that I think could work. My biggest problem was stats aren't even, but than I just realized fantasy stats are never even. A goal isn't worth as much as a +/- in real life, but this isn't real life, it's fantasy.

Title wins could be a category that's like getting a hat trick or a shutout. Jesus, this would actually be so fun. And your roster needs people from all weight classes, which work as the "positions"... I'm just spitballing here, but another way would allocating points to make the statistics, that your league determines is more important to be weighed more.

Oh my god. This could be glorious.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG... W SV%

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1utility 2g 3bench

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Karlsson, Giordano, Green, Krug
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Nyquist, Ennis, Soderberg, Hemsky

Letang IR

I...am your father.

That's the future of fantasy MMA methinks. Nice vision!

To big an undertaking for me though! But I'd like to make this basic one catch on first and see what happens a year from now. Maybe carry over our points each month, etc.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes it would definitely take a lot of work to create... Maybe I'll try and get a MMA pool where we add up the totals ourselves up and running
    12 teams H2H Yahoo

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Letang IR

I...am your father.

That's what this is! Or you mean, with the added stats

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes, with the added stats and choosing your own fighters for a longer period of time, and like you can trade them and such... still trying to figure it out! And yeah... the biggest problem is the lack of "games played" like in hockey or any other major sport.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Letang IR

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by sexymountain View Post
    Possibly, it's really hard cause there's no season, there's no "reboot" A whole year is too long, then you gotta start again. And even though fighters are in the same league, they aren't fighting the same opponents. Like a guy who wins 4 fights on the prelims is now here near the same as a guy who defends his title or something.

Yeah, something like picking a "team" or "camp" where you're more invested in your "fantasy fighters" the same way we are with our fantasy whatever players.

Maybe have multiple categories tracking strikes landed, knockdowns, submissions, takedowns and all that. And you could make a Roto/H2H format that I think could work. My biggest problem was stats aren't even, but than I just realized fantasy stats are never even. A goal isn't worth as much as a +/- in real life, but this isn't real life, it's fantasy.

Title wins could be a category that's like getting a hat trick or a shutout. Jesus, this would actually be so fun. And your roster needs people from all weight classes, which work as the "positions"... I'm just spitballing here, but another way would allocating points to make the statistics, that your league determines is more important to be weighed more.

Oh my god. This could be glorious.
    Good call! PS: how can you have 0 REP points with over 1800 posts??!! Well I'm gonna send you some REP for this; nice view on things IMO!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

I believe they were lost in forum change. I was pretty active in the "Lidstrom and Redwings guaranteed to go to the 2nd round/Sedins were 95+ point players" era... then Fantasy Hockey just got to be more stressful than fun for me.

Took a step back with 1 one-year league with some mates back home in the shortened season last year and this season. But, yeah it's still way to stressful for me! This might be my last year, unless we switch to something like a MONTHLY pool haha. Or just pick your players and see how you do. I absolutely love drafting.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Letang IR

I...am your father.

I believe they were lost in forum change. I was pretty active in the "Lidstrom and Redwings guaranteed to go to the 2nd round/Sedins were 95+ point players" era... then Fantasy Hockey just got to be more stressful than fun for me.

Took a step back with 1 one-year league with some mates back home in the shortened season last year and this season. But, yeah it's still way to stressful for me! This might be my last year, unless we switch to something like a MONTHLY pool haha. Or just pick your players and see how you do. I absolutely love drafting.
    I bumped you up, you have rep power again

Administrator

Yeah, if you don't have time on your hands to manage day-to-day or week-to-week or it just isn't fun any more then it's probably not worth your time. But if you love drafting allow me to make a few suggestions:

Do a wins pool. I do this for basketball and football every year. We get a bunch of us together and draft snake style all the teams in the league to see who can get the most wins. You could do it for hockey too either going with wins or points. Very fun but passive way to stay involved.

Obviously the one-year points-only draft and stick pool is great as well. And maybe have monthly waiver drafts or something to supplement things.

There's also the Fan Duel, daily fantasy pool thing if you ever have free time one day or one weekend.

You could also do a monthly/bi-monthly draft pool where you re-draft teams every month or two months throughout the season. Give prizes for each section of the season and for the cumulative winner. Could even incorporate playoffs as well.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm confused how the wins/points pool works? You're drafting entire teams?! Sorry.

I know I can't do H2H, that shit stresses me out way, way too much. I hope I can win my league with my friends this year, and retire lol. I can't even gamble a dollar at the roulette table without getting stressed out haha.
    12 teams H2H Yahoo

Crosby Berglund
    Hartnell Perron
    Wheeler Vrbata
    Ryan Miller, Fleury

Letang IR

Administrator

I'm confused how the wins/points pool works? You're drafting entire teams?! Sorry.

I know I can't do H2H, that shit stresses me out way, way too much. I hope I can win my league with my friends this year, and retire lol. I can't even gamble a dollar at the roulette table without getting stressed out haha.
    Well for the wins pools I do NFL and NBA. So if I pick first I could take Denver and then it snakes back and I take New Orleans for example. Whoevers teams have the most wins combined at the end of the year wins the pool. So you treat each team like a player in a point-only league.

You could do the same for the NHL so picking first you could take Boston... the wrinkle with an NHL wins pool is you could go either by wins or by points for a team because the NHL delineates that way.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg