Thread: Jeff Skinner vs. Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jeff Skinner vs. Evander Kane

Had a fun debate with a friend today over Jeff Skinner and Evander Kane.

Essentially he favours Skinner long term in standard leagues (with both Pims and SOG, no hits) while I like Kane.

His thought is that Skinner will put up 65+ points while Kane doesn't do enough in PIMs to make up for the gap in core production.

My contention is that if Kane can ever get to 60+ points he'll immediately be a top 20 player based on the strength of his peripheral categories.

Interested to get your take on this.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

I...am your father.

Default Re: Jeff Skinner vs. Evander Kane

I think, offensively, that Kane can get just as many points as Skinner and in a points-only league I would rather own Skinner by a hair. In multi-cat leagues it's not even close, the other categories put Kane over the top. Kane just needs two or three more years. His type of player always takes awhile.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

I'm with Dobber here...in pts-only it's pretty much a crap shoot (especially with Skinner's injury history), but in any league that counts peripheral stats like PIMs and Hits, Kane wins handily. He fits the power forward mold to a T and power forwards take a couple more years to develop

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I think, offensively, that Kane can get just as many points as Skinner and in a points-only league I would rather own Skinner by a hair. In multi-cat leagues it's not even close, the other categories put Kane over the top. Kane just needs two or three more years. His type of player always takes awhile.
    I need you talking to the managers in my league. I'm standing by Kane, but most of them are calling him a bust (a bust! at 22 years old.....sigh)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I'm with Dobber here...in pts-only it's pretty much a crap shoot (especially with Skinner's injury history), but in any league that counts peripheral stats like PIMs and Hits, Kane wins handily. He fits the power forward mold to a T and power forwards take a couple more years to develop
    Agreed - players like Benn, Perry, Iginla...are perfect examples of why power forwards need a bit of extra time
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Monster

Agree with Dobber 150%.