Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the NHL

I...am your father.

Default Re: The Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the NHL

Quote Originally Posted by kvance View Post
    They are terrible right now. They could seriously retool this summer by unloading Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, etc., plus the the high first round pick they are in line to receive.
    If they do that, then buckle up. Five years at minimum, no playoffs. Ready to pack it in based on three horrible months? I'd have my finger hovering over the trigger myself...but I'd be very careful about making that call. An offseason coaching change might be all that is needed, plus a good couple of FA signings and maybe a trade (that is a hockey trade not a firesale trade).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    If they do that, then buckle up. Five years at minimum, no playoffs. Ready to pack it in based on three horrible months? I'd have my finger hovering over the trigger myself...but I'd be very careful about making that call. An offseason coaching change might be all that is needed, plus a good couple of FA signings and maybe a trade (that is a hockey trade not a firesale trade).
    Good point, a coaching change could make a big difference. I think they might have shown their hand when they traded both Schneider and Luongo within the same year. Either that or they are sold on Markstrom, which I am not.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good point, a coaching change could make a big difference. I think they might have shown their hand when they traded both Schneider and Luongo within the same year. Either that or they are sold on Markstrom, which I am not.
    Or Eddie Lack.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    Or Eddie Lack.
    Lack or Markstrom, I don't see either carrying the team back to prominence.

I...am your father.

Lack or Markstrom, I don't see either carrying the team back to prominence.

I can see both Lack and Markstom doing it. I dont 'expect' it. But I can 'see' it. Both have star potential, but Markstrom has taken so long to blossom I'd put his odds at 5% now. Lack has been fantastic this season, so far so good
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi