Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the NHL

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default The Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the NHL

Despite the win-loss record, the Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the NHL.

http://thehockeywriters.com/vancouve...orst-team-nhl/

I...am your father.

Default Re: The Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the NHL

Too many tradeable assets to be considered that. Franchise value/appeal in terms of ranking best/worst comes down to assets and if you're not going by wins/losses you're going by franchise appeal.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Newbie

Dobber - what couple teams come to mind when you think of having very few assets?
    Founder/Editor-in-Chief of The Hockey Writers

Banned

wow another gem of an article!

worst in the NHL huh? the Nucks may be doing as fine a job of screwing the pooch as we've witnessed in some time but they are nowhere near the worst team in the NHL...I look at teams like Edmonton who have missed the playoffs 7 years in a row (about to be 8) despite some of the best draft picks ever to grace a franchise and I'm appalled, look at what Philly and Pittsburgh did after finishing at the bottom and then compare that to the Oilers, it's a ****ing joke. Or look at the Panthers and their abysmal track record with drafting/pick management/trades, everything. That's a team that is guaranteed to suck on a regular basis and where top talent goes to die.

Vancouver needs to get rid of Gillis before they fall into the bottom half of the league but they're nowhere near the bottom yet, this article is ludicrous

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    wow another gem of an article!

worst in the NHL huh? the Nucks may be doing as fine a job of screwing the pooch as we've witnessed in some time but they are nowhere near the worst team in the NHL...I look at teams like Edmonton who have missed the playoffs 7 years in a row (about to be 8) despite some of the best draft picks ever to grace a franchise and I'm appalled, look at what Philly and Pittsburgh did after finishing at the bottom and then compare that to the Oilers, it's a ****ing joke. Or look at the Panthers and their abysmal track record with drafting/pick management/trades, everything. That's a team that is guaranteed to suck on a regular basis and where top talent goes to die.

Vancouver needs to get rid of Gillis before they fall into the bottom half of the league but they're nowhere near the bottom yet, this article is ludicrous
    As an Oilers fan, I am just happy to see that other teams are considered worse for a change!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Worst? No, not even close. I have to agree with mcgoo that the title of this article is pure click bait. Had it been used in a hyperbolic fashion, it would have been acceptable. Unfortunately is does detract from a very well written article that makes some great points on the state of the Canucks.

I do hope to see more articles of this quality on THW. Just stay away from the Buzzfeed worthy titles guys. "Canucks Start Lack In Heritage Classic, What Happens Next Will Blow Your Mind"
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports All-Star

I wouldn't say they're the worst team in the league. Maybe the worst team in 2014. I believe they are 7-16 but after last nights game, your argument definitely got stronger.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I could be wrong, but when I initially saw the title, I assumed the author was saying this in regard to right now at the present moment. Looking at their melt down against the Islanders, and comparing their last 10 to the rest of the league, nobody is playing worse right now than they are. Mix in the loss of Santorelli and the Luongo nonsense and they are quite the circus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ASquared View Post
    I could be wrong, but when I initially saw the title, I assumed the author was saying this in regard to right now at the present moment. Looking at their melt down against the Islanders, and comparing their last 10 to the rest of the league, nobody is playing worse right now than they are. Mix in the loss of Santorelli and the Luongo nonsense and they are quite the circus.
    'the author' huh?...i.e. your buddy and partner in crime and extremist articles at the thehockeywriters.com?

do you REALLY think we're that stupid that we don't see right thru all this bullshit you guys are spinning in this subforum?

let me break down how this has worked thusfar:

1)come up with a highly polarizing and extreme title for your article
    2)add a question mark to the end of it (that gives it plausible deniability and suggests an undeserved level of impartiality)
    3)compose a poorly-worded, poorly researched pack of crap to match the silly title, write whatever nonsense you want, just ask a lot of questions, that makes it seem legit and like you are asking important questions
    4)rinse and repeat 100 times
    5)pretend to be an impartial party whilst supporting your brethren
    6)profit???

seriously, this is ****ing stupid, I'm fully willing to entertain solid writing and discussion if it adds value to these forums, but this blatant self-promotion and constant back patting is getting ridiculous.

Worse still is how poorly this reflects on the good writers that might contribute here...for example I read part of a THW column today that was posted by Sean Sarcu in another thread (this link: http://thehockeywriters.com/irreleva...wks-franchise/) and I thought it was well both written and insightful (haven't read it all yet mind you but so far, a solid read). We need to encourage these quality articles and eliminate the crap that is otherwise giving the rest a bad name.

Dobber Sports Star

I don't fully understand the anger of some people about this, but I do agree that the supermarket tabloid style articles/titles aren't doing anybody any good.

I...am your father.

'the author' huh?...i.e. your buddy and partner in crime and extremist articles at the thehockeywriters.com?

do you REALLY think we're that stupid that we don't see right thru all this bullshit you guys are spinning in this subforum?

let me break down how this has worked thusfar:

1)come up with a highly polarizing and extreme title for your article
    2)add a question mark to the end of it (that gives it plausible deniability and suggests an undeserved level of impartiality)
    3)compose a poorly-worded, poorly researched pack of crap to match the silly title, write whatever nonsense you want, just ask a lot of questions, that makes it seem legit and like you are asking important questions
    4)rinse and repeat 100 times
    5)pretend to be an impartial party whilst supporting your brethren
    6)profit???

seriously, this is ****ing stupid, I'm fully willing to entertain solid writing and discussion if it adds value to these forums, but this blatant self-promotion and constant back patting is getting ridiculous.

Worse still is how poorly this reflects on the good writers that might contribute here...for example I read part of a THW column today that was posted by Sean Sarcu in another thread (this link: http://thehockeywriters.com/irreleva...wks-franchise/) and I thought it was well both written and insightful (haven't read it all yet mind you but so far, a solid read). We need to encourage these quality articles and eliminate the crap that is otherwise giving the rest a bad name.
    Honestly man, I'm not sure I understand why you're going on about this with such passion. Can't you just hang around other sections instead of this one that you don't like? I think some governments are pretty stupid, but you don't see me calling them every day and telling them why, or obsessing around their offices. It's okay to really hate something, criticize it once, and then let it go. We got your point 10 posts ago.

You're talking about a website with 100 writers, many of whom are amateurs just trying to get better. If it makes you this angry, then this part of the forum isn't for you. There is a reason why I gave THW their own section here - to help them promote their stuff. And at the same time they're bringing new members here. It's a great way for both of us to grow. They're doing their part with the new members signing up here. And in return, on my end, what I see is one person going over the top with the hostility. I was hoping for a better welcome - or at the very least say your piece once and then stay away from the THW section of the forum.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
    Dobber - what couple teams come to mind when you think of having very few assets?
    If I ever see a team like the one Brian Burke took over in Toronto - that's my measuring stick. Just a bunch of bums. Best tradeable assets were Antropov, Kaberle and Stajan?

Today, Calgary has the fewest tradeable assets. Carolina and Buffalo also low. After that...we probably get into a group of six or seven teams of which you'd have to include Vancouver, especially with their rather weak pipeline

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Honestly man, I'm not sure I understand why you're going on about this with such passion. Can't you just hang around other sections instead of this one that you don't like? I think some governments are pretty stupid, but you don't see me calling them every day and telling them why, or obsessing around their offices. It's okay to really hate something, criticize it once, and then let it go. We got your point 10 posts ago.

You're talking about a website with 100 writers, many of whom are amateurs just trying to get better. If it makes you this angry, then this part of the forum isn't for you. There is a reason why I gave THW their own section here - to help them promote their stuff. And at the same time they're bringing new members here. It's a great way for both of us to grow. They're doing their part with the new members signing up here. And in return, on my end, what I see is one person going over the top with the hostility. I was hoping for a better welcome - or at the very least say your piece once and then stay away from the THW section of the forum.
    gotcha loud and clear Dobber...this is the new era is it? Quantity trumps quality always now huh? And I'm harshing your buzz by pointing out how bad most of this crap is?

Protip for you man, everything you have succesfully built with dobberhockey has been predciated first and foremost upon quality, the guide, the forums, the ramblings, the articles, that's why people have joined and more importantly why they have stuck. The old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' applies here.

Dobber Sports Newbie

They are terrible right now. They could seriously retool this summer by unloading Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, etc., plus the the high first round pick they are in line to receive.

I...am your father.

gotcha loud and clear Dobber...this is the new era is it? Quantity trumps quality always now huh? And I'm harshing your buzz by pointing out how bad most of this crap is?

Protip for you man, everything you have succesfully built with dobberhockey has been predciated first and foremost upon quality, the guide, the forums, the ramblings, the articles, that's why people have joined and more importantly why they have stuck. The old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' applies here.
    No. Please point out how bad the crap is. I welcome your crap-pointing-out ability. But then assume that your readers have a brain and that when you say something once, your point comes across. Talk about rinsing and repeating...when you get your teeth onto something...my stars...

Edit - I'm the same way when I get my teeth into something (but even I let the "successful surgery" stuff go. Mostly.)