Thread: Marian Gaborik in Hollywood - What to expect?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Marian Gaborik in Hollywood - What to expect?

I know, I know. He might only be there for 20 or so games.

But we know that LA was chasing after Kovalchuk a couple summers ago and that they have had a hard time scoring this year (27th in the league). I think it's reasonable to expect them to make a push at Gaborik this summer on a multi-year deal.

If that happens, what kind of numbers could he post over 82 games alongside Kopitar?

If he stays healthy I could see a boost in his shots (as the primary shooter on a line), an improved plus minus (a better team). However, the points might dip slightly because of LA's style.

Best guess is 75GP - 65Pts, 30G, 250 SOG.

What do you think? Over or under?
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Marian Gaborik in Hollywood - What to expect?

Under, but only because it's difficult to score 30 goals if you spontaneously combust when the wind blows funny.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Marian Gaborik in Hollywood - What to expect?

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Under, but only because it's difficult to score 30 goals if you spontaneously combust when the wind blows funny.
    .... If they ever do a Bionic Man 21st century reboot, you know he'll be staring.
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK