Studs and Duds

Studs

Elias Lindholm

Elias Lindholm is finally proving his fantasy worth since being sent down to the Charlotte Checkers earlier this year. Lindholm had been battling injury problems but seems to have snapped out of it. Lindholm scored there points tonight; one goal and two assists. Lindholm also added a plus two, and scored the game winning goal in the Hurricane's come from behind victory over the Sharks.

Curtis McElhinney

Had to make sure I was spelling his name right because I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever written it out. McElhinney notched a shutout for the struggling Blue Jackets against the Minnesota Wild tonight to secure a 4-0 win. McElhinney stopped 20 shots which included four power play and one shorthanded shot as well. While McElhinney should be seeing the majority of starts in replacement of Bobrovsky, don't expect his numbers to be of great as his one-year leagues won't give him as much value as he would get in keeper leagues.

Tomas Tatar

While two-point nights aren't something to fancy about many players in the NHL, one person who is starting to stand out includes Tomas Tatar. Tatar has had another multipoint night and has scored seven points in his last five games with the Detroit Red Wings. While most people would consider to take his teammate Gustav Nyqvist, Tatar is an excellent fantasy sleeper if he can keep up his production.

Duds

Burns-Thornton-Hertl

San Jose's top offensive line (and one of the best in the NHL logged a whole two assists and a minus three tonight against a struggling Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes came from behind to beat the Sharks 5-3, while the Sharks top line put six shots against the Hurricanes' Cam Ward.

The worst minus

It's one thing to lose to a terrible offensive team, it's another to be shutout, but to be on for three of the team's four goals is down right disappointing. Dany Heatley and Nino Neidereitter were horrible for Minnesota tonight logging in a minus three while combining for three of twenty shots against the Columbus Blue Jackets. While this may be surprising to some as a choice of Duds, on a low-scoring night in the NHL, one of the best teams in the NHL was made a whipping boy by one of the worst, and Neids and Heatley were on the worst show of the night in the NHL.