Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Taking Your Fantasy Hockey Questions - November 26

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Taking Your Fantasy Hockey Questions - November 26

Hey Dobber,

What are your thoughts on Dupuis this year? I know he's not going to light it up, but has he finally come back to earth? Is his production so far what we"ll expect from here on out?
    14 Team Keeper League
    Keep 15
    Start 9F 5D 1G
    G A PIM GWG W SO OTL

Starters
    F: Pastrnak, Kaprizov, Lafrenniere, Pettersson, Raymond, Byfield, Rossi, Hayton, Arvidsson
    D: Seider, Hanifin, Drysdale, Boqvist, Shultz
    G: Demko

Bench:
    F: Pelletier, Noesen
    D: Lundkvist, Hutson, Nikishin, Addison, Spence, York, Zamula
    G: Levi, Wolf

IR: Fantilli, Sergachev

I...am your father.

Originally posted by jcairns View Post

Fair enough, thanks for the insight. I have a hard time valuing Perron as he is currently doubling his St. Louis shot and hit pace, and putting up far more points. While an increase in each of those was expected, this all seems quite drastic. You advised to see what I might be able to get for him, but I have a hard time figuring out what is a "good deal" for Perron. Care to offer a list of a few players so I get an idea of what you think is a good return? That, or maybe what you see him as producing this year in points, hits, shots, by season's end (as you gave him really low stats in your dobber projections before the season began). For perspective, your projections gave him 134 shots, 50 hits, and 49 points this year. He's already approaching those shot/hit totals and will far surpass them (barring any major injury). I have no idea if I should see him as a 65-70pt player with close to 300 shots and over 100 hits, or a 55-60 pt player with 200-250 shots and less than 100 hits. No clue if his current pace is what has always been expected of him since being drafted (but then been buried in the Blues system).
    I think 49 points was with an injury, and I don't project shots, it sounds like fantasy hockey geek. But I can't in fairness give you a list of guys without going through your league and looking, and no time for that now. But shoot high, then let them negotiate you down. Perron has great value right now
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Originally posted by Dobber View Post

Well, I did a 180 on my thoughts of Pirri. I'm now back to thinking he can be a 65-point guy in a few years, second liner. And Bournival has caught my attention with the Habs, but he'll slow down. His time has not arrived, in terms of NHL breakout. Gelinas is the real deal - two years earlier than I expected, but watch him become a 35 point guy as early as now, and 45 within two years. Linden Vey is probably going to get sent down, but he's shown us that he's ready right now and will be back up again shortly. He'll be a solid pick for next year. And finally, Danny DeKeyser was showing me something I didn't expect in terms of offense, but then he got hurt before I could tell for sure. But I'll be watching when he returns.
    Perfect.

Thanks again!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Gafel View Post
    12-team H2H, points only. Just read the latest Dobber Buy Low article. Ennis available in Free Agency.
    Drop Yakupov, Purcell, Hartnell or stay put?
    I would stay put. This isn't for your league (the article) though I would reconsider in late December

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

UPDATE: I pulled the trigger and traded Buf for Letang and Parise. The offer just looked too good and I didnt want the other guy to come to his senses and pull it. Did I do the right thing Dobber? Thanks for your reply!
    I think you did well, but I think for the next three weeks you'll be suffering - because Letang may take that long to get his act together, while Parise is sidelined for three weeks. But get through that and you'll start to get happy with this deal.

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Dickie Dunn View Post
    Not sure if my signature is still up, thinking of picking up Carlson but would cost me Chris Stewart, points +/- 1/3 Pims and shout out goals. Pretty deep on the blue line and the system is well stocked, however my hang up is that we roll 18 skaters come playoffs and while I already have Morrow and Roy St.Louis is a deep playoff threat and playoff pieces in from the Blues are a tough get, what would you do? Secondly managed to snag Kucherov two weeks ago through Free Agency, what are your thoughts about his debut and long term?
    The Carlson deal is a great move, and I think Kucherov will be sent down soon...but it's clear that by next year he'll continue to show why he's a stud. Long term star

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    This is super cool thanks for doing this! I figure I'll throw in a couple questions regarding my keepers and the frustrating Craig Anderson.
    My biggest question is, out of Crosby, Malkin, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov, J. Jokinen, Hartnell, Stastny, Stepan, Skinner, Gaborik, Pietrangelo, Green, Enstrom, Campbell, Carlson, Lehtonen, Smith, Anderson, who would you choose for your 5 keepers. It's a 10-team league with 1 point for a goal or assist, 0.5 for PIM, 1 for PPG, 0.5 for D points, 2 for a win and 2 for a shutout. I have had Crosby, Malkin, RNH, Pietrangelo and Green penciled in as my keepers. Is RNH a solid keeper playing in EDM? I have also started to lean towards replacing Green with Eberle, or do you see Green being more valuable with the defensive bonus. As for Craig Anderson I have a possible deal on the table. Gaborik and Anderson for Ward and posssibbly a pick! Should I do it!?
    Thanks! Sorry to bombard you lol
    It sounds like in this kind of shallow league for keepers that there is no sense keeping a goalie. So your five are the right ones, but I would watch Carlson vs. Green and revisit that decision in March.

Anderson is looking like an every other year guy (like Prospal).

I would do Gaborik and Campbell for Ward for sure.

Dobber Sports Padawan

It sounds like in this kind of shallow league for keepers that there is no sense keeping a goalie. So your five are the right ones, but I would watch Carlson vs. Green and revisit that decision in March.

Anderson is looking like an every other year guy (like Prospal).

I would do Gaborik and Campbell for Ward for sure.
    Thanks for the reply! Was waiting for it until I fire the deal! I could also do Skinner instead of Campbell, but I feel Skinner will have a good year! Waivers are shallow but I think Stone could be a decent substitute. Just double checking, you advise keeping Green over Eberle right? Thanks!
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

I...am your father.

Originally posted by The Wrong Marine View Post
    Hey Dobber,

What are your thoughts on Dupuis this year? I know he's not going to light it up, but has he finally come back to earth? Is his production so far what we"ll expect from here on out?
    I think that's the low end of expectations for this year (mid-40s) but to be honest the entire team is below expectations and Crosby has given way to the Malkin line the last two weeks. Both those things will start turning for the better and Dupuis will be a big part of that. I still think he flirts with 60 points.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The Carlson deal is a great move, and I think Kucherov will be sent down soon...but it's clear that by next year he'll continue to show why he's a stud. Long term star
    Thank you for the reply, it is really great of you taking this time to help us out. There was one other deal I was considering and it was Stewart for Kreider who I had last year and dealt for a playoff run, who would you take Carlson or Kreider if your in my shoes?
    14 Team Cap League, 20 Keeper,4 C, 8 W, 6 D, 15 Prospects
    Forwards G,A,+/-, 1/3 PIMS
    Goalie, Wx2, SOx3, GAA, SVP, G,A,1/4PIM
    C: Backes, Kesler, Johansen, Johnson, Karlson, Wennberg, Gagner
    W: Parise, Hartnell, Simmonds, Kucherov, Callahan,Steen, Coyle, Maroon, Attkinson, Lowry, Lupul, Morin, Stalberg
    D: Letang, Subban, Keith, Klingberg, Del Zotto, Savard, Larsson, Schultz, Gudas
    G: Fleury, Quick
    Prospects: (Less then 42 games in a season)
    C: Nick Shore
    W: Beck, Erne, Paul, Duclair, Mashinter, Pakarinen
    D: Percy, Gormley,
    G: Khubodin, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Dobber, posted this one on Monday and I think it was missed too!

I'm in a limited keeper (see sig), where we keep a full line plus a goalie from season to season. As it stands, my keepers are Stamkos, Perry, D. Sedin, PK Subban, Letang, and Rask. Of course, I have a whirlwind of inquiries on Subban, but I don't think I should move him. Which tends to make me look towards his counterpart on my blue line - Kris Letang.

Letang is unreal when he's on, surrounded by top-tier talent and being one himself, he's a points machine. However, he's oft-injured and hasn't been playing out of this world so far this season. I can understand that right now he's getting unlucky as his shooting percentage is low and he usually piles on the assists, but with his fast pace style of play, he seems more and more susceptible to injuries. As noted in today's ramblings, in fantasy hockey we need consider the injury-proneness or Band-Aid status of a player.

So, in brief, should I try to shop Letang? He's got a ton of a value, albeit a bit low right now, but he is no contributor to my team when sitting on the IR. I have no need to make a move, but if Letang doesn't come out of the hole he's in, I feel I may miss that window of opportunity where he goes from Mike Green circa-2009 to Mike Green. Do I try to shop or stand pat?

Thanks!

EDIT: I know you somewhat address this question in your latest article, but I'm wondering not only his production this season, but also long term. Also, is it in my teams best interest overall, given that Letang has a not so stellar GP total, having only ever played one 82-game season.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Dickie Dunn View Post

Thank you for the reply, it is really great of you taking this time to help us out. There was one other deal I was considering and it was Stewart for Kreider who I had last year and dealt for a playoff run, who would you take Carlson or Kreider if your in my shoes?
    Kreider since it's a keeper

I...am your father.

Originally posted by TwoPuckCanuck View Post
    Hey Dobber, posted this one on Monday and I think it was missed too!

I'm in a limited keeper (see sig), where we keep a full line plus a goalie from season to season. As it stands, my keepers are Stamkos, Perry, D. Sedin, PK Subban, Letang, and Rask. Of course, I have a whirlwind of inquiries on Subban, but I don't think I should move him. Which tends to make me look towards his counterpart on my blue line - Kris Letang.

Letang is unreal when he's on, surrounded by top-tier talent and being one himself, he's a points machine. However, he's oft-injured and hasn't been playing out of this world so far this season. I can understand that right now he's getting unlucky as his shooting percentage is low and he usually piles on the assists, but with his fast pace style of play, he seems more and more susceptible to injuries. As noted in today's ramblings, in fantasy hockey we need consider the injury-proneness or Band-Aid status of a player.

So, in brief, should I try to shop Letang? He's got a ton of a value, albeit a bit low right now, but he is no contributor to my team when sitting on the IR. I have no need to make a move, but if Letang doesn't come out of the hole he's in, I feel I may miss that window of opportunity where he goes from Mike Green circa-2009 to Mike Green. Do I try to shop or stand pat?

Thanks!

EDIT: I know you somewhat address this question in your latest article, but I'm wondering not only his production this season, but also long term. Also, is it in my teams best interest overall, given that Letang has a not so stellar GP total, having only ever played one 82-game season.
    Yes you should trade him, but no not now - will you get value when he's doing so horribly? He'll have a hot run soon - something like 12 points in 10 games. Then fire away. Just be patient

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Would you trade Trouba for Scheifele?

Keeper league, G, A, +-, PPP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, PIMs, SOGs
    H2H Keeper League - 12 Teams

G (3), A (2), PPP (1), SHP (1), PIMS (.5), Shots (.25), Hits (.25), Blks (.2)
    Saves (.2), Wins (2.5), Shutouts (2), Goals Against (-1)

Weekly line changes

C - R. Getzlaf, J. Thornton, N. Bjugstad, E. Staal, P. Stastny (dress 3)
    LW - A. Ovechkin, J. Gaudreau, Z. Parise, D. Sedin (dress 3)
    RW - P. Kessel, B. Wheeler, Nyquist, P. Sharp, S. Gagner (dress 3)
    D - K. Shattenkirk, E. Johnson, K. Yandle, M. Green, B. Seabrook, M. Rielly, R. Gudas, (dress 4)
    G - H. Lundqvist, S. Varlamov, C. Ward, E. Lack (dress 2)

Farm - C. Dvorak, B. Boeser, J. Gillies, A. Mangiapane

I...am your father.

Originally posted by Mackgord View Post
    Would you trade Trouba for Scheifele?

Keeper league, G, A, +-, PPP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, PIMs, SOGs
    It would depend on my needs. If my future on defense looks weak, then no I would not. If I have a ton of D and needed a F then yes. The deal itself is fair, but I think Trouba will be a better D than Scheifele will a F